Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shower in the plane

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by KIXJNB
I personally like the barbecue (braai) area on SAA... always very festive. Who needs a shower on board?
A bowling alley would be nice, though...
And a climbing wall! That one might require some slight reconfiguration of fuselage shape.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Well, Finnair has onboard saunas if you belive this article ...
LH also has onboard saunas...there's not a single flight I have been on where the temperature doesn't reach 30 degrees at some point.

Perhaps that is the explanation for people running around in underpants in the F cabin ...

Originally Posted by rolov
Greetings,
Is it a SEN+ or HON Long benefit to be able to walk around the cabin in your underwear?

There was a fellow passenger on my flug today walking around F in his underpants like he was a the beach.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by Rambuster
LH also has onboard saunas...there's not a single flight I have been on where the temperature doesn't reach 30 degrees at some point.

Perhaps that is the explanation for people running around in underpants in the F cabin ...
He had to be a maximizer
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:34 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
LH also has onboard saunas...
Yes, you get them on European flights over 150 mins in C.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15298737-post128.html
Old Dec 23, 2010, 3:53 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by pumical
I think it was either LH or Singapore Air.
I am sure that LH wouldn't introduce such innovation on their airplanes.

Let them first improve their seats quality and make them on par with other 5 star airlines (SQ+BA+CX+EK+QR) then they can introduce such things like shower on board.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 4:45 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by LH/LX
I am sure that LH wouldn't introduce such innovation on their airplanes.

Let them first improve their seats quality and make them on par with other 5 star airlines (SQ+BA+CX+EK+QR) then they can introduce such things like shower on board.
A shower in an airplane is simply stupid. Extra weight for the water requires more kerosine and you still get a very low pressure during your short shower experience. Let the showers be on the ground in arrival lounges. Those facilities may need improvements in terms of quantity and quality. But thinking of showers in an airplane is ...
Old Dec 26, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
A shower in an airplane is simply stupid. Extra weight for the water requires more kerosine and you still get a very low pressure during your short shower experience. Let the showers be on the ground in arrival lounges. Those facilities may need improvements in terms of quantity and quality. But thinking of showers in an airplane is ...
Exactly. LH explained why they didn't outfit the new A380 F with showers, and it makes perfect sense.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:22 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Maybe she doesn't need a shower to take one. Who knows maybe she found a way take a shower in the sink.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 7:59 am

Perhaps she carries one of these in her purse?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I concur! ^

Originally Posted by KIXJNB
Mistery solved then. Any chance you talked to the German cabinet minister for Family, Seniors, Women and Youth?

http://www.bmfsfj.de/bmfsfj/generato...inisterin.html
She looks reasonably hot...!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:12 pm

Golden shower?

Originally Posted by pumical
Ok, I talked to a young smart lady recently who told me that she takes a shower prior to landing so that she can jump right into her meetings.

She flies from Germany to Asia and I believe she mentioned LH.

So, I have never seen or heard of showers in a plane (which doesnt imply that there arent such devices).

Question: are there really showers in any plane (LH or other carriers)??
Could you smart young lady be talking about a golden shower? Seriously you would not believe what some "smart" people are into.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion
Could you smart young lady be talking about a golden shower? Seriously you would not believe what some "smart" people are into.
what's one got to do with the other!? and more importantly; who the hell cares what other people are into!? smart or not so smart...
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wombert
Exactly. LH explained why they didn't outfit the new A380 F with showers, and it makes perfect sense.
Exactly- LH spent a lot of time talking with their frequent F class passengers- and the product which they rolled out is a result of this- shower on the plane is one of the sillier possible amenities really.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:12 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I concur! ^

She looks reasonably hot...!
Errrm. The photog and the make up artist who shot that portrait earned their money the hard way. This is picture has not much to do with reality.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Exactly- LH spent a lot of time talking with their frequent F class passengers- and the product which they rolled out is a result of this-
I wonder who are these people they talked too !?
Was there any member belong to FT that was consulted on the new F product or the future C class product? I doubt it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.