Wiki Posts
Search

LUFTHANSA Lounge/Limo J <-> F ... a bit confused

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:14 am
Original Poster

LUFTHANSA Lounge/Limo J <-> F ... a bit confused

Hello all,

I'm flying to ZRH next week and 3 days later via FRA to PEK. ZRH-FRA will be in J, FRA-PEK in F.

As this will be my first time J <-> F connecting in Europe, can someone perhaps answer the following questions or link me to some forum where I can find my the appropriate answers? Unfortunately, I haven't found any info on Flyertalk or anywhere else...

1. Can I check-in at the F class desk in ZRH and use the F class lounge even though my ZRH-FRA is in J, yet my connecting flight FRA-PEK is in F? If so, is Limo Service from the Lounge to the plane included? I really only fly ZRH-FRA because there is no straight flight ZRH-PEK available, but my flight ticket is F.

2. If I arrive in FRA and want to go to the First Class Terminal (FCT), will some airport staff be waiting for me once I disembark the ZRH-FRA plane and guide/drive me to the CFT or do I have to find the way there by myself?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by itscooper; Dec 14, 2010 at 4:32 am
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:30 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
There's a sticky with tHe information you need at the top of the miles and more forum (under the airline programs category). Unfortunately I'm using my iPhone right now so I can't provide a direct link.

Welcome to FT
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The all new FRA F/HON Terminal FCT FAQs

and

Beginners' guide to connecting at FRA [FRA connection thread]

Last edited by Rambuster; Dec 14, 2010 at 4:17 pm
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:46 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Welcome to flyertalk!

Hope you find the desired information here. It would be nice to hear back about your experience after your flight!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:00 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Moving to the Lufthansa Miles & More forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by itscooper
I'm flying to ZRH next week and 3 days later via FRA to PEK. ZRH-FRA will be in J, FRA-PEK in F.

As this will be my first time J <-> F connecting in Europe, can someone perhaps answer the following questions or link me to some forum where I can find my the appropriate answers? Unfortunately, I haven't found any info on Flyertalk or anywhere else...
Welcome to FT, itscooper! If you do some search in the appropriate forum you should be able to find answers to your questions.

1. Can I check-in at the F class desk in ZRH and use the F class lounge even though my ZRH-FRA is in J, yet my connecting flight FRA-PEK is in F? If so, is Limo Service from the Lounge to the plane included? I really only fly ZRH-FRA because there is no straight flight ZRH-PEK available, but my flight ticket is F.
Assuming you are flying ZRH-FRA and FRA-PEK on the same day, you can check in at the First Class desk in ZRH and use the First Class Lounge. There will be no limo transfer to your flight from the First Class Lounge.

2. If I arrive in FRA and want to go to the First Class Terminal (FCT), will some airport staff be waiting for me once I disembark the ZRH-FRA plane and guide/drive me to the CFT or do I have to find the way there by myself?
There might be a limo transfer to the main terminal if your flight from ZRH arrives at a remote apron position but this is not guaranteed. If you want to go to the FCT you will have to make your own way on foot. They will not guide or drive you to the FCT. You should be able to find how to get to the FCT in the FCT FAQ thread.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:37 pm
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
This thread seems to be a great place to post my question on lounge access. I just booked a reward ticket in F on LH, from DFW-FRA. I'll be connecting to a European Y ticket from FRA - DUB (I'm waiting for J inventory to open up so I can switch). My question is, do I get First Class lounge access while connecting in FRA, or am I downgraded to the Biz lounges? LH's website states that First lounge access is granted with a same-day 1st class ticket, but my ticket will be dated the prior day due to me coming in on the overnight from the USA. I would think, though, that this should count towards

I'm *Gold, so I would get into the Biz lounges even if I end up staying in Y.

Thanks!

CLG
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by CLG
This thread seems to be a great place to post my question on lounge access. I just booked a reward ticket in F on LH, from DFW-FRA. I'll be connecting to a European Y ticket from FRA - DUB (I'm waiting for J inventory to open up so I can switch). My question is, do I get First Class lounge access while connecting in FRA, or am I downgraded to the Biz lounges? LH's website states that First lounge access is granted with a same-day 1st class ticket, but my ticket will be dated the prior day due to me coming in on the overnight from the USA. I would think, though, that this should count towards

I'm *Gold, so I would get into the Biz lounges even if I end up staying in Y.

Thanks!

CLG
to make your life easier YES you will have access to any FCL/FCT in FRA upon arrival from your TATL flight, please look where your connecting flight (either in Y or C) will leave from and choose the lounge based on that either FCL A or B...forget your *G card
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:21 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by divjan
to make your life easier YES you will have access to any FCL/FCT in FRA upon arrival from your TATL flight, please look where your connecting flight (either in Y or C) will leave from and choose the lounge based on that either FCL A or B...forget your *G card
Thank you, I do feel good now. I also was able to find this on the LH webpage (not sure how I missed it before):

"Free of charge: Stay in our Lounges

If you have the status HON Circle Member or Lufthansa Senator or if you are travelling on a First or Business Class ticket we will naturally welcome you, as usual, in the respective lounges before departure.

After your flight enjoy the free stay in our lounges. If you land in Frankfurt, Munich, Dusseldorf or New York (JFK) with a First or Business Class ticket after a Lufthansa operated long-haul night flight you can freshen up or prepare for the business day ahead in one of our lounges.

More information about our lounges"

CLG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.