Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA-DEL-FRA - which airline in business?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL, Skywards, BA Exec Club, Frequence Plus
Question FRA-DEL-FRA - which airline in business?

Hi everyone,

despite terrible experience connecting in DEL with AI this week, the flight was so good that I'd give it another try, especially because I don't have to go further next time.

So my question is, is AI good with the 777 or has LH (747-400) or any other a better option?

Thanks a lot,
Flockster
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Flockster
Hi everyone,

despite terrible experience connecting in DEL with AI this week, the flight was so good that I'd give it another try, especially because I don't have to go further next time.

So my question is, is AI good with the 777 or has LH (747-400) or any other a better option?

Thanks a lot,
Flockster
Placing that Q in the M&M forum might nog give you perfectly objective answers....

I would stick to LH, but with the Airbus through MUC.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot,
Flockster
Personally I'd go with QR via DOH but that's my preferred choice.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
If my home was be FRA or MUC I would go for LH. From all other airports I would choose 9W via BRU.
S
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:48 pm

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
fly swiss! just took them last week. they were perfect
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:06 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...

Thanks a lot,
Flockster
I would go for AI C or LX C or 9W C..
AI has some problems on the ground but are ^ in the air..
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:31 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Another vote for 9W.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:45 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
I would go for AI C or LX C or 9W C..
AI has some problems on the ground but are ^ in the air..
While I appreciate good service and hard product in the air, for most flights, it is the ground service that makes or breaks an airline for me.

I can live without a hot towel, but I really hate the stress of worrying whether I will arrive at my destination in a timely manner or make my connections, fighting over lost luggage issues, managing irregular ops.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
While I appreciate good service and hard product in the air, for most flights, it is the ground service that makes or breaks an airline for me.

I can live without a hot towel, but I really hate the stress of worrying whether I will arrive at my destination in a timely manner or make my connections, fighting over lost luggage issues, managing irregular ops.
Do understand what u mean.. IMHO, if only AI could get its ground service in order ( which i hope is soon) , it will be tough to beat as its product is far better to many many intl airlines..
Old Nov 21, 2010, 1:28 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot,
Flockster
I'd go for AI on FRA-DEL-FRA. The flight leaves FRA at 10.15pm which saves you the hazzle of a 1.00am arrival (i.e. LH). Also, the arrival into DEL around 10.30am should be fine given the winter fog situation. Just my 02. cents.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL, Skywards, BA Exec Club, Frequence Plus
Thanks everyone!

I chose a combination of AI and LH (via MUC) for timing reasons (just to/ fro meeting) and in order to avoid arriving/ getting up in the middle of the night.

My 2 cents on the difference: while LH (Airbus) certainly looks newer, not sure it really is, and less worn down, I actually still prefer AI (777, in the air). Bed is flatter (full-flat vs. "lie-flat"), food more to my taste, drinks pretty similar. And on the ground they're fine as long as you don't need a connection flight. BL: if you can afford to arrive in Delhi a little later in the morning, AI seems better - and much cheaper! Only real drawback you don't get *A status miles...yet.

Happy new year everyone!!!
Flockster
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I think you made the right choice. To me the bed makes all the difference. Flat is flat. Non-flat is non-flat. There is a difference.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by AMR747
I'd go for AI on FRA-DEL-FRA. The flight leaves FRA at 10.15pm which saves you the hazzle of a 1.00am arrival (i.e. LH). Also, the arrival into DEL around 10.30am should be fine given the winter fog situation. Just my 02. cents.
Bolding mine.

I think this is a critical factor. Now matter how much better managed LH is, they still aren't going to solve the fog issue on their own. AI without a diversion is better than LH with.

Originally Posted by magiciansampras

To me the bed makes all the difference. Flat is flat. Non-flat is non-flat. There is a difference.
The bed does make a difference and I agree that the so-called lie-flat isn't. However, the best bed in the world won't make up for a cancelled flight and AI's incompetency at managing the fall-out.

Putting it all together though, I think I would take the chance and go with AI because of the combination of in-flight product and flight timing.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: M&M FTL / FB Silver / JP Silver / SkyWards Silver
Originally Posted by SQPPS
fly swiss! just took them last week. they were perfect
+1

Swiss in the new business class is perfect
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by fanofmumbai
+1

Swiss in the new business class is perfect
+1 100% agree. Just avoid LH C class.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.