Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for official LH lurker, LHconnect (LHrelate v2.0)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by AHN
You forgot removing booking class U which makes European economy almost worthless for earning status and miles. I guess LH will only compete on price now...
Along with adding yet another fare for international travel with 50%/125 sector miles - "L". Now have to jump through three fares to earn 100% and be able to use my "precious" half-vouchers.
And don't forget the restriction on new First awards to high status pax.

Yep, Lufthansa is Flying Blue this year. Time to move to another (one)world...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:46 pm

putting the SWU on the side I just would like to acknowledge^ LHConnect (Alison) with her help recently....one direct request was handled in matter of hours and for the 2nd one she took initiative and brought up the issues to appropriate authorities...lets give her some time to adjust.....again contacting her by email seems to be the best way
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by divjan
putting the SWU on the side I just would like to acknowledge^ LHConnect (Alison) with her help recently....one direct request was handled in matter of hours and for the 2nd one she took initiative and brought up the issues to appropriate authorities...lets give her some time to adjust.....again contacting her by email seems to be the best way
Alison has been absolutely silent on the matter of the new Miles&More Award Conditions and has not responded to my input.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by LHconnect
As there is no established UA sponsorship process for intercontinental routes LH is not obliged to accept sponsored or third party SWU's on flights operated by LH.
Alison,

I have serious doubts about this answer and I think you shouldn't make things up on the go. The information you are posting is misleading and does not represent the current LH policy.

For international travel, the process for SWU is established and very clear: Any voucher presented will be honored as long as the ticket is good for an upgrade. This has not changed. Not sure why you are using a written answer from United to come to your conclusions.

I have checked with my LH contacts whether I can use my printed SWUs in January for travel without any written consent from the sponsor and the answer was positive.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
Alison has been absolutely silent on the matter of the new Miles&More Award Conditions and has not responded to my input.
I would really like to hear about this as well.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
I only today found out about Michelle, got excited that issues could be addressed through her, only to find out that she is gone from LH (((.

Doesn't Alison work for marketing department? perhaps that might explain discrepancy in replies between her and FTers.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by ellylex
Doesn't Alison work for marketing department? perhaps that might explain discrepancy in replies between her and FTers.
I don't care. I'm all for not shooting the messenger, as that's out of line and also against FT TOS. We don't discuss other FTers here. However, shooting the message is appreciated. If necessary, I'll get my Tommy Gun.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:28 am

So after all that, our third-party SWUs were accepted at ORD and then at FRA without any hassle whatsoever, none of the hostility and rudeness one might have expected based on LHconnect's post.

EDIT: I wanted to report, without starting another post, that our third-party SWUs were accepted without any hesitation on our return segments (1/1/11) also.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Jan 2, 2011 at 2:19 pm
Old Dec 20, 2010, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One question- is it possible to have updates about disruption due to weather etc at LH major hubs on FlyerTalk? This was one of the most appreciated items for me that we had previously- and saved calling LH at peak times when they are obviously extremely busy with stranded customers.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
I have a silly question but could not get a straight answer. Two phone calls to Lufthansa have yielded different answers.

I am flying to Chicago to India in the last week of December. My Ticket was booked in the first week of August. My itinerary involves 2 flights, from Chicago to FRA on UA and FRA to India on LH. Am I entitled to one checked bag or two?

I gather from Lufthansa websit that tickets booked before 12/31/2009 are entitled to two pieces and the ones booked after 11/15/2010 are entitled to one piece. But my ticketing date falls in between.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
A reminder this thread for questions to LHconnect only, please don't respond if you are not LHconnect.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
A reminder this thread for questions to LHconnect only, please don't respond if you are not LHconnect.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Hi- what do we do if no one responds? Thanks.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Hi- what do we do if no one responds? Thanks.
Lufthansa might not take this serious anymore or Alison might be on leave. Time will tell...
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
Lufthansa might not take this serious anymore or Alison might be on leave. Time will tell...
It is strange as my understanding was that LH was investing in social media. Michelle was really amazing- I gave feedback to LH execs that this was one of the biggest perks of LH- particularly in times of IRROPS the information she posted saved hours. Now it seems LH is not taking this seriously at all. Really a shame.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Please don't speculate of you have no background info whatsoever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.