Questions for official LH lurker, LHconnect (LHrelate v2.0)

Old Oct 25, 10, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Smile Questions for official LH lurker, LHconnect (LHrelate v2.0)

We are happy to announce that to follow up the great lurking work of the past 3 years (July 2007-June 2010) LH has nominated Alison Russo from the LH Americas/NYC social media team who will participate as LHconnect. This is a 2.0 version of the good work LHrelate did. See the previous thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-lhrelate.html

To make things easier for LHconnect to help us all, the moderators of the M&M forum have set up this questions thread.

LHrelate had already set up a special Flyer Talk feedback form on the website - << click here >>. Please do not use both the special FT form as well as normal channels on the same issue. If you are using the FT form to follow up something already raised, please mention you have already raised it. The easier and more smoothly the new form works, the more likely it will be retained. If we create extra work for LH (eg by using multiple channels on the same issue), the new form may be removed.

Since FT respects individual's privacy, if your question requires personal information to answer please use the feedback form above rather than this thread. More general questions are welcomed here.

A reminder that checking FT is only a small part (currently) of LHconnect's job and thus there will not always be an immediate response to this thread or to the feedback form. This is especially the case when an investigation is required to answer a question - sometimes it can take a few weeks to gather the information.

Thanks for your patience.

totti; oliver2002
M&M moderators
Old Oct 26, 10, 2:00 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Welcome again.

Wanted to raise a question, that is tickling me for a long time.
We all know that connecting at Frankfurt Airport with some flight combinations is not really fun. And when I look at what is in store with the new A+ concourse, I wonder if there are any plans to make things easier, at least for F pax or HONs arriving at one end of the airport and having to get through checks and control posts to get to their flight at the other end of the airport.

I find it rather sad that for many connections it is the easiest to leave the terminal and walk to the FCT. If you compare that to the ground experience in MUC or ZRH (i know i know, different sizes, different design) or what is being done outside the LH system - e.g. in BKK, I feel the F ground experience for connecting PAX in FRA is far from what it could be.

Is this of any concern? Are there any plans to improve that? (Which would also lead to evening out the loads of the FCLs and the FCT)
Old Oct 27, 10, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by mamb0 View Post
I feel the F ground experience for connecting PAX in FRA is far from what it could be.
Full ack on that - also with what it seems the cancellation again of the transport that was in place for some time when arriving at C and the being taken by bus to B. I for one found that an improvement the times it was there.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Oct 27, 10, 1:38 pm

Hi Alison and welcome.

I used to get very prompt and friendly email reply's from LH HON desk or similar from LH customer relation usa , when either using the missing miles form on the HON site or contacting them directly. Now it is like throwing a stone in a deep well.

Is this just being unlucky this time , or is it part of the " enhancement package"

Thank you
Old Oct 27, 10, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Welcome again.

Wanted to raise a question, that is tickling me for a long time.
We all know that connecting at Frankfurt Airport with some flight combinations is not really fun. And when I look at what is in store with the new A+ concourse, I wonder if there are any plans to make things easier, at least for F pax or HONs arriving at one end of the airport and having to get through checks and control posts to get to their flight at the other end of the airport.

I find it rather sad that for many connections it is the easiest to leave the terminal and walk to the FCT. If you compare that to the ground experience in MUC or ZRH (i know i know, different sizes, different design) or what is being done outside the LH system - e.g. in BKK, I feel the F ground experience for connecting PAX in FRA is far from what it could be.

Is this of any concern? Are there any plans to improve that? (Which would also lead to evening out the loads of the FCLs and the FCT)
Actually a very good point: I often fly DUS-FRA-XXX and always pray for an apron arrival in FRA versus an A42 arrival. (provided the HON pickup actually works)
A walk from A42 to an A+ gate would be an absolute nightmare in transit!!
Old Oct 28, 10, 1:21 am

+1 to the F experience. I try to avoid arriving in long haul F in FRA. MUC and ZRH is ok.
I recently did a few F flights on AF via CDG. They pick you up at the plane (gate or outside position), drive you to the F lounge and then drive you to your connecting flight later. Immigration and security at the lounge.

I requalified for SEN, HON out of reach - most of my Asia travel in F is on Asian airlines, so HON is out of reach with my travel pattern. If LH wants my (paid) F business they should better improve the experience connecting at FRA.
Old Oct 28, 10, 3:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, LY, UA/CO, AF/KL, QF
Question about using a SWU

First of all - welcome to FT!

I have asked this question to LH (called them twice), and I have always received an answer saying that this had nothing to do with LH.

Well, I am about to use SWU for a flight on LH (booking class Q, so the SWU allows that). The main problem is that I have a special meal ordered. I also know that LH has issues with upgrading people with SPML. So the question is - will the SWU would work even though I have SPML, or not? (of course, assuming there is availability).

Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 10, 3:16 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
Actually a very good point: I often fly DUS-FRA-XXX and always pray for an apron arrival in FRA versus an A42 arrival. (provided the HON pickup actually works)
A walk from A42 to an A+ gate would be an absolute nightmare in transit!!
This will finally give us the execise we HONs seem to miss these days according to this poster:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14981997-post1.html
Old Oct 29, 10, 9:58 pm

Over at the United forum there is a lot of discussion about the new one way awards.
Looks like on RTs there are still stopovers allowed as before. OW is half the miles, no stopover.
Any plans to change M+M?
Old Nov 5, 10, 12:54 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Not being disrespectful but trying to manage expectations.
It would be good to know how LHConnect will run the ship.. More in the direction how the colleagues at Swiss do it?
Old Nov 9, 10, 1:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Not being disrespectful but trying to manage expectations.
It would be good to know how LHConnect will run the ship.. More in the direction how the colleagues at Swiss do it?
I forgot post that LHconnect is on personal leave because of a family emergency. My bad, I was busy with the Starmegado. She will be back soon.
Old Nov 14, 10, 2:10 am

Programs: LH Senator, KLM Platinum, AB Gold, A|Club Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
BMI Missing Miles Requests

As BMI is now part of the LH Group why is it we have to use a paper based request form for missing miles?

Surely the M&M website could be updated to allow e-submission of these requests.
Old Nov 14, 10, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
LH offices in Croatia

hi LHConnect,
welcome to the FT. I hope you can help me with this issue. My mother in law got a VDB voucher from LH USA and she was told that voucher can be cashed at any LH office.
When she returned to Zagreb, she tried to do it at the airport, but LH offices closed at the airport and in the city. OU representatives told her to call LH customer service in Croatia and office hours are:

Mon to Fri 11-13

After two weeks unsuccessfully trying to call LH rep (nobody responding) in Croatia, she is wondering where can she cash in the VDB voucher received.

thank you for any return information
Old Nov 15, 10, 3:28 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
I forgot post that LHconnect is on personal leave because of a family emergency. My bad, I was busy with the Starmegado. She will be back soon.
Sorry about the impromptu and unannounced hiatus. It could not be helped. I am sorting through e-mails and posts to this thread and will respond to each of you as quickly as I can. I ask for your understanding that I may not answer in the order you posted but rather to answer the greatest volume in the shortest time. Thanks for your patience.
Old Nov 15, 10, 3:47 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
DBC reimbursement

Originally Posted by volta View Post
hi LHConnect,
welcome to the FT. I hope you can help me with this issue. My mother in law got a VDB voucher from LH USA and she was told that voucher can be cashed at any LH office.
Hi Volta,

While technically it is possible to cash in a DBC voucher at any Lufthansa office (airport or city), once thing to keep in mind is that it is not possible to guarantee that office will have the cash on hand without advanced notice you are coming.

I have reached out to my colleague in Croatia to confirm the correct address, phone number and office hours so you can confirm, before you make the trip, someone will be available to assist you in person. If this is not a convenient option I have also asked for a mailing address where the voucher can be sent for reimbursement via a wire transfer.

As soon as I get the verified info I will post it here.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: