Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aster
Forget it, I'm giving up on M&M. Here I was trying to see if I can move from KrisFlyer to M&M and right at the outset they botch up the simplest of things which is crediting the darn miles to my account. And this is on a fully M&M-integrated carrier too! So no excuses...

My flight was almost a month ago so it has nothing to do with this recent incompetence mumbo jumbo about not seeing any data more than several days old. I tried to do it online. Twice. I sent a fax to the office in Germany. Still nothing. Don't care any more to be honest...

What a waste of time and energy... thankfully I learned what M&M is about straight at the outset.
Do you really think that sending multiple mileage credit requests will help? They say auto-credit takes up to 10 business days. After that you send a request and you wait a while, they credit the flight and the mileage posts.

Bottom line: Enjoy the FFP of your choice!

Last edited by dre_techie; Jan 8, 2011 at 5:51 am
Old Jan 8, 2011, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by dre_techie
Do you really think that sending multiple mileage credit requests will help? They say auto-credit takes up to 10 business days. After that you send a request and you wait a while, they credit the flight and the mileage posts.
Yes, I've had more problems with, for example, Emirates and their Skywards program (after Emirates cancelled a flight I was already sitting in, and rebooked me, I couldn't get them to credit me any miles.. still ongoing "fight" with them for over a month now.. M&M might sometimes take some time, but I've ALWAYS got a response, and usually it was even useful. And I'm only a lowly FTL)

I'm still waiting for the 2010 flights to be credited, and their "workaround" is indeed completely BS, but as they've promised to have it working again in a few days, why not just chill out and wait..

Other than SQ, at least even the cheapest tickets give some miles on LH (And I've had some not-so-cheap Y flights which SQ claimed to be non-milage booking class... funnily, the whole booking had SQ (0 miles) and LH (100%).. but well, unless you fly C or F, SQ is pretty much the worst carrier milage-wise for any * program to credit to.

Last edited by totti; Jan 8, 2011 at 6:17 am Reason: Adjusted quote!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
UA doesn't hate LH elites!!

I seems there are some changes going on from UA to LH elites, maybe it is just New Year hangover, but it is still very nice.

For second time this year, when entering RCC, I was asked if I have my laptop and after positive answer, I got a complimentary WiFi card handed out.

Good start for 2011 UA!! ^^
Old Jan 8, 2011, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by volta
I seems there are some changes going on from UA to LH elites, maybe it is just New Year hangover, but it is still very nice.

For second time this year, when entering RCC, I was asked if I have my laptop and after positive answer, I got a complimentary WiFi card handed out.

Good start for 2011 UA!! ^^
Nothing to do with LH. RCCs provide free wireless access to all entrants for a while now.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Lack
Nothing to do with LH. RCCs provide free wireless access to all entrants for a while now.
I certainly didn't manage to get free wifi at DEN this week.
RCC members get free wifi as do Int'l C and F pax. (Departing only).

I arrived on LH F and connected to UA F but this did not give me free wifi ....
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I certainly didn't manage to get free wifi at DEN this week.
RCC members get free wifi as do Int'l C and F pax. (Departing only).

I arrived on LH F and connected to UA F but this did not give me free wifi ....
Looks like someone didn't get the memo :/.
http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,52714,00.html
Complimentary Wi-Fi service for all Red Carpet Club guests
We are pleased to offer complimentary Wi-Fi service to all Red Carpet Club guests. All Red Carpet Club customers worldwide now can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi access. Red Carpet Club members can continue to access Wi-Fi in most domestic locations using their membership numbers, while all other customers can gain access using PIN cards available upon request from any customer service agent at each lounge’s entrance.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Yipee yay, my miles have been credited today!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yipee yay, my miles have been credited today!
^
Old Jan 8, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Actually Ram, many thanks to you for helping me out here. ^ :-:

It all comes at a time when I'm considering moving to the 'Dark Side'. Well, not really... but things ain't lookin' so bright when someone resident in SIN is looking to defect from *A and reach gold with BA.

Since you have high status with both sides you are probably in the best position to offer an opinion here. Help me, Obi-Wan Ramobi. You're my only hope.

I'm tired of KrisFlyer because maintaining status means that I hardly have the chance to redeem those hard-earned miles. M&M seems like my best bet to stay with *A simply because I can rack up the required status miles in one year and go on a complete splurge the following year (or even reverse that strategy if I see fit).

Then again with kids and all the BA's household account does play a role and seems like a neat way to collect all miles in one place. Plus it appears that BA is constantly coming up with special deals and sales prices, whereas with LH I have only seen one great sale, albeit with unbeatable quotes. And then we have SQ which has given zilch this past year - yet another reason to drop their FFP altogether.

Currently I'm looking at gaining BA Silver/Gold and LH FTL in 2011, and then maybe going for SEN in 2012 with my 25% status miles bonus in place.

Are you happy with BA's hard product? How would you compare the onboard experience to LH/SQ?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually Ram, many thanks to you for helping me out here. ^ :-:

It all comes at a time when I'm considering moving to the 'Dark Side'. Well, not really... but things ain't lookin' so bright when someone resident in SIN is looking to defect from *A and reach gold with BA.

Since you have high status with both sides you are probably in the best position to offer an opinion here. Help me, Obi-Wan Ramobi. You're my only hope.

I'm tired of KrisFlyer because maintaining status means that I hardly have the chance to redeem those hard-earned miles. M&M seems like my best bet to stay with *A simply because I can rack up the required status miles in one year and go on a complete splurge the following year (or even reverse that strategy if I see fit).

Then again with kids and all the BA's household account does play a role and seems like a neat way to collect all miles in one place. Plus it appears that BA is constantly coming up with special deals and sales prices, whereas with LH I have only seen one great sale, albeit with unbeatable quotes. And then we have SQ which has given zilch this past year - yet another reason to drop their FFP altogether.

Currently I'm looking at gaining BA Silver/Gold and LH FTL in 2011, and then maybe going for SEN in 2012 with my 25% status miles bonus in place.

Are you happy with BA's hard product? How would you compare the onboard experience to LH/SQ?
BA's hard produt is actually much better than LH.
The Club World seat/bed is fully flat and quite comfortable and the WT+ cabin (Y+) is also quite nice.
It has the additional charme that you can upgrade (MFU) for very little miles (25k to USA return and 40k to Asia for WT+ to CW).

The main disadvatage IMHO opinion is the lack of award availability. This is where M&M actually trumps the BAEC big time.

Overall I like flying BA but unfortunately they don't discount their BKK flights (my commute) as they seem to be able to fill these flights in premium cabins, due to O&D traffic and the continuation to SYD on the Kangaroo route.

Usually I fly to the US though on BA. As I am quite happy with the CW seat I don't need to worry about upgrades to F, as is the case with LH.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 5:06 pm

Many thanks for the info ^ , I'm willing to give it a go alongside my efforts to gain *S with M&M in 2011. Redeeming seems to be an issue with BAEC and without enough miles for a given redemption I'm not even able to carry out a proper search to check award availability on the SIN route.

In most scenarios I think it just makes plain sense to book with whoever has a good offer running for premium cabins, be it LH or BA. Or QF for that matter. But I'll definitely be throwing in LH biz to at least gain FTL before the year is over.

P.S. Would it be really out of place to book the entire family including child & infant (first flight for the youngest one) in WT+?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
From this week's newsletter:

Our top offer
Celebrate it with us - e.g. Chinese New Year on 3 February
Israel from 349 €
the Middle East from 399 €
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chinese New Year must be popular in Israel and the Arab wolrd ?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Chinese New Year must be popular in Israel and the Arab wolrd ?
They are all foreign anyway...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 4:44 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
I always knew that the buses in FRA were evil ...

Hope that the tragic accident caused by one of these terrible machines will ultimately lead to a reduced usage within the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.