Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Since when has restraining oneself been a virtue on FT?
chris63 and N1003U like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:37 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

If you insist... Hiding in a remote corner of the People’s Republic is no excuse.

H2/2018

The top 10 results are:

chris63 posted 533 times on this forum since 2018-07-01!

oliver2002 posted 355 times on this forum since 2018-07-01!

NewbieRunner posted 273 times on this forum since 2018-07-01!

Fabo.sk posted 246 times on this forum since 2018-07-01!

worldclubber posted 225 times on this forum since 2018-07-01!

Nick Art posted 156 times on this forum since 2018-07-01!

Concerto posted 135 times on this forum since 2018-07-01!

MichielR posted 134 times on this forum since 2018-07-01!

cas_de posted 130 times on this forum since 2018-07-01!

AlicorporateUK posted 128 times on this forum since 2018-07-01!

Q4/2018

The top 10 results are:

chris63 posted 241 times on this forum since 2018-10-01!

Fabo.sk posted 141 times on this forum since 2018-10-01!

NewbieRunner posted 139 times on this forum since 2018-10-01!

worldclubber posted 137 times on this forum since 2018-10-01!

oliver2002 posted 137 times on this forum since 2018-10-01!

Concerto posted 92 times on this forum since 2018-10-01!

sophialite posted 81 times on this forum since 2018-10-01!

hugolover posted 81 times on this forum since 2018-10-01!

cas_de posted 79 times on this forum since 2018-10-01!

AlicorporateUK posted 76 times on this forum since 2018-10-01!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Interesting set of statistics. I will have to post more! But I don't want to unless I really have something to contribute and I feel a lot of my posts don't really add anything to the thread concerned.

We're really not allowed to discuss other posters here, but all the same I do wonder what happened to weero, who used to add a lot of spice to this forum.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
@weero is around, mostly in OMNI/PR
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Concerto
..We're really not allowed to discuss other posters here, but all the same I do wonder what happened to weero, who used to add a lot of spice to this forum.
weero has been virtually 'grounded' by his professorial and university duties, has lost all status with LH, burned his award mile stash with LH down to nearly half a measly million.

I still have to go to US&A a lot and hence feel obliged to defend the unpopular president of theirs. I do commute mostly on JL and CX, rarely SQ. I did it twice on AA which I do not really recommend. I rode to the US once on LH which triggered an audit .. and once - as by contract demand - on UA for which I would now decline the project, if UA was mandatory again.
But there is no point posting in the UA forum as everyone who isn't a blind cult follower has left the Titanic once she struck the ocean floor. Who's left is a crew member of Davy Jones' Locker and will call me a liar when I complain that the FA aboard UA offered me "chicken or chicken" for breakfast.
So I floated back to the surface and wait for the RMS Carpathia or a whale, or any decent airline.
N1003U and worldclubber like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh that's good weero, thanks for feeding back. Things sound like I expected them to be, but I do wonder what sort of audit your trip on LH triggered and how it was triggered. (As for the president over there, despite what people think I don't see him as being such a problem as what the country has become, evolved into, in the last years. But this is solidly OMNI). As for me, I have been heading to Russia a lot and have really liked it. After all, musically the place is amazing, and you won't get any Rimsky-Korsakov or Taneyev operas played anywhere over here in Europe. Russian ballet is also outstanding, Bolshoi politics notwithstanding. The airlines are not bad too (SU, S7) and you get nice service à l'ancienne, with proper bar service (not the BoB xxxx that LX has become on the GVA-DME route and don't even get me started on SN).
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:09 am

...but I do wonder what sort of audit your trip on LH triggered and how it was triggered.
Well, LH touches down in my home continent on the SIN-IAH route (technically, SQ does too but no one notices) and that raises the suspicion of me vacationing on my turf.
The connection times are indeed quite long but I wanted that.
..what the country has become, evolved into, in the last years. But this is solidly OMNI..
Indeed - there is lot of entertainment value buried in that discrepancy.
..I have been heading to Russia a lot and have really liked it. After all, musically the place is amazing..
Two of my closest working colleagues - who hail from the PRC - had to go to Russia, toured around a bit and are in awe ever since. I reckon that they too consumed a bit too much propaganda and not enough history before they went over.

They loved the infrastructure and the population in general. They are very critical of S'Pore ever since ....
...The airlines are not bad too (SU, S7) and you get nice service à l'ancienne, with proper bar service (not the BoB xxxx that LX has become on the GVA-DME route and don't even get me started on SN).
Haha. While that is tough to digest, I can easily imagine what you are referring to. LX always finds new creative ways to disappoint the customers who learned to have zero expectation.

My biggest new grievance is the renovated SEN lounge which is permanently out of stock of the items they brag about. It's nearly as bad as a Krisflyer Gold shed.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The general lounge situation in Zurich sucks all the way to hell, and it will be very soon before they have to redesign and reconstruct the SEN and Business lounges. And that means spending loads more money in addition to what they have already spent. The Business lounge (as FTL I get access there) is dreadful and there is now no longer anywhere to sit. You can't even walk past people to find a seat, it's so stupidly designed. What drug were the so-called professional designers and architects on??? How do these people get these jobs??? How ? How?

Switzerland really blows me away in this respect. In music anyway, rich countries such as Japan and Switzerland attract charlatans and wannabies and a real mafia of mediocrity develops. But it seems it is not just in music: to take one example, the design of Maison de la musique in Martigny VS is soooo bad, with poor utilization of space, a dreadful layout (think third world bus station) and utter bog awful acoustics in the main auditorium. So much so, that despite the millions having been spent on it, we are obliged to seek alternative venues for music exam recitals. And spend more money hiring those alternative venues. The only good thing about the Maison de la musique is its proximity to the SBB train station. Loads other examples, outside music and architecture, but I'm way OT.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:29 pm

..The Business lounge (as FTL I get access there) is dreadful and there is now no longer anywhere to sit. You can't even walk past people to find a seat, it's so stupidly designed.
I ended up there once - brought a visitor and they did not want to let me into the SEN wing.

If you ignore the "out of stock" offerings from the SEN lounge, the differences are fairly minor. But compared to FRA, the ZRH lounges are now so bad that I try to bypass them if I can check in tightly.
What drug were the so-called professional designers and architects on??? How do these people get these jobs??? How ? How?
In Zurich? Empirical evidence points to cocaine ....

And while I feel for CH's failure when it comes to protect music. During my last concert here, I counted three parents where whose kids had tables to keep them 'quiet' ... the kids, not the tablets. They were clearly audible during the quieter movements.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by weero
But compared to FRA, the ZRH lounges are now so bad that I try to bypass them if I can check in tightly
That’s definitely true for the A lounges, to a large extent including the FCL. So for me it means to either bypass them during tight connections or allow for enough time to make the trip to the E lounges (as many of us did during the renovation of the A lounges anyway.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:47 am

The only good thing about the Maison de la musique is its proximity to the SBB train station.
[OT]
While I see your point, I have to disagree with you on this. The only time I was at the venue I could hear (and feel) the trains passing by. Definitely not a good thing!
[/OT]
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
That’s definitely true for the A lounges, to a large extent including the FCL.
I am clueless in all things FCL these days - I haven't flown F in some 100'000 years.
So for me it means to either bypass them during tight connections or allow for enough time to make the trip to the E lounges (as many of us did during the renovation of the A lounges anyway.
The E lounges aren't outright revolting but since the demise of the pretty Heidi, I'd not ride that creepy train just to get to the lounge .
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by weero
I am clueless in all things FCL these days - I haven't flown F in some 100'000 years.

The E lounges aren't outright revolting but since the demise of the pretty Heidi, I'd not ride that creepy train just to get to the lounge .
Just wanted to point out that your well-justified comments concerning the lounges in A even apply to the most premium offering.

Let’s bring Heidi back.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:17 pm

What’s happened to Heidi?

Good to see you back in this forum, @weero !
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
What’s happened to Heidi?..
It's a tad inconclusive, she likely became roadkill to the maintenance of the shuttle train. She was the subject of the strobe images of one branch of the train and more decorative than the 50+ year old 'Geissenpeter' on the branch.

When writing in to get Ms Hedi back, I was pointed to the many controversies surrounding her existence, including the salient point that she's rumored to be German rather than Swiss. As if - for a person from Grisons and Heidiland itself, this would be as bad as Johanna Spyri being from greater Zurich or the movie playing in St. Moritz ... but that's for OMNI again.
Good to see you back in this forum, @weero !
I have very little to say regarding LH though ... will fly them in a few weeks and still like the new post-Wolf&Mayrhuber&Franz LH (I know, I know, de mortuis nil nisi bonum) but I haven't touched M&M (the program, not the candy) in aeons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.