Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount codes and bargain fares on LH/OS/LX/LO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just book for three... just kidding you can book this via the call center or TAs, CHD gets 10-25% off on top.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:36 pm

Trying to book it to either Auckland or Sydney, but no success. That LH booking page is such a mess..

Also tried searching through OTA's (yes, for 2 pax to price it out) - no success either..

Obviously, in F.

Error message on LH:

"There are no flights or fares available for the dates you have selected. Please choose another date and try again. (66002 - 866)"

Anyone got an idea? Tried several dates during 2020..

Australia

Origin Destination Price
Amsterdam Sydney 3020 EUR
Amsterdam Auckland 3075 EUR

Are Sydney/Auckland, despite having their own subset of areas and prices displayed not included? Another "great" LH experience?

And suddenly Bogota (an example that did work) is shown in Japanese.. (I double checked, absolutely nothing that would direct to being in Japanese settings, and neither searched for a flight there or anything else that could have gotten cookies into that direction. just nothing.. it only shows:

Amsterdam - ボゴタ

Truly the best IT! Nonstop..

Edit: Found a trick that suddenly displays F prices. By searching for Business class, then switching to F it will work.

Prices are nice, but flights are through HKG, so no thank you.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Prices are nice, but flights are through HKG, so no thank you.
Actually I got a combo LX/LX/NZ through ZRH and KIX with an 11 hour layover in KIX.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:23 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
My advice when booking trips to Australia is to do it through a travel agent. Their booking will default to the Sale price as long as it books into A Class (or the relevant Business booking class to AU/NZ which varies depending on the airline). For First Class, what you need to do is find A Class on SQ or QF from/to Asia.
Eg. AMS-FRA (LH, J), FRA-SIN (LH, A), SIN-SYD (QF, A)

LH.com doesn't search for all possible alternatives.
chris63 and malmostoso like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The Australia fares allow you to route thru India, S.E. Asia and North Asia (Japan, Korea etc). The actual flight to Australia can be on QF, VS and the usual *A partners like TG, SQ, OZ, NH & AI.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:20 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The Australia fares allow you to route thru India, S.E. Asia and North Asia (Japan, Korea etc). The actual flight to Australia can be on QF, VS and the usual *A partners like TG, SQ, OZ, NH & AI.
VA not VS, which in Business would be the best option. They are pulling out of HKG any day now though unfortunately.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Trying to book one of these partner specials to AKL but really want LX and NZ as I swore to never go near LH for long haul again. Problem is, despite availability in P class showing in expertflyer and on ITA Matrix, neither the Swiss website nor the 2 agents I have called see the availability. They tell me that both directions are sold out for the whole of April and May, which I cannot believe.

Google flights also finds availability and a link to CheapoAir to book, which seems to work except it displays it as coach class, except clicking to open the rules clearly show it as a business class fare. Frustrating.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:18 am

The ITA results are useless for that, I tried to replicate them in Amadeus to find Sweden to Australia options via Japan during a previous sale, no chance. The moment the system smellls that you are trying to connect in Japan, S'pore or anywhere else the inventory of the partner airline (SQ, NH, VA, QF) vanishes.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
The ITA results are useless for that, I tried to replicate them in Amadeus to find Sweden to Australia options via Japan during a previous sale, no chance. The moment the system smellls that you are trying to connect in Japan, S'pore or anywhere else the inventory of the partner airline (SQ, NH, VA, QF) vanishes.
On the third attempt I got a competent agent. I don't know why, but even by Swiss or German standards they were rude today, regardless of whether I spoke English or German. Anyway, I got all the way through AMS-HKG-AKL in J on the day where previous agents had told me nothing was available. They obviously didn't look as I could see it in Expertflyer and immediately saw it disappear when I took it.

The return inventory was really not playing along, so I have open-jawed with a return BKK-ZRH-AMS. €1395 per person, not bad. I can get AKL-ICN-BKK in J for 55,000 A3 miles so no problems with that.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was hoping there would be a love missive from Herr Spohr this morning (discount voucher) come on Helga don’t be so tight!
NewAtlantis likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:13 am

F/C/E companion fare ex Germany: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/comp...al-first-class
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
I was hoping there would be a love missive from Herr Spohr this morning (discount voucher) come on Helga don’t be so tight!
I’ve received a missive but it is lacking any vouchers. So looks like nothing for St Vals. I’d imagine Helga is gonna be a bit stuffed this year and Carsten has asked her to rein in the kupony.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:11 pm

The partnersale has now moved on to Italy. One difference compared to previous sales is North America destinations are now included, though not so great prices in my opinion (though I am mostly looking at PE and C):.

https://www.lufthansa.com/it/en/comp...al-first-class
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:48 am

Holy moly, a companion promotion ex-IT ....

https://www.lufthansa.com/it/en/comp...Query.adults=2

That's how the deal works

• Travel in pairs or as a group of up to 6 adults
  • Choose one of our offered destinations
  • Find a suitable flight date before 14.12.2020
  • Book until 16.03.2020 except Japan until 23.03.2020
  • Bookable from Ancona, Bologna, Bari, Cagliari, Catania, Rome, Florence, Genoa, Milan (Linate & Malpensa), Naples, Olbia, Palermo, Pisa, Rimini, Lamezia Terme, Turin, Triest, Venice and Verona
Origin Destination Total price for two passengers from* Italy Sao Paolo 2199 EUR Italy Buenos Aires 2699 EUR Italy Rio de Janeiro 2199 EUR Italy Bogotá 2199 EUR
F offer: https://www.lufthansa.com/it/en/comp...al-first-class

Italy Sao Paolo 5639 EUR Italy Buenos Aires 7999 EUR Italy Rio de Janeiro 5629 EUR Italy Bogotá 5659 EUR

Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
You couldn’t make this up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.