Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa [in Frankfurt, LH M&M Worldshop(s) and related topics merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:29 pm

WORLDSHOP - RIMOWA LUFTHANSA question

Hi All,

I know this is not exactly a Miles and More post, but I figure that this is the perfect target audience so Mr/Mrs. Moderator, let this post live for a bit!!

I want to get the Rimowa Bolero notebook case with the LH logo, but it seems that it can only be ordered and shipped with europe. Does anyone have a suggested work around? It looks like Worldshop.eu is the only place to find it. With my next trip over not being for 4 months, I'm hoping to get it sooner.

Thanks!
Dennis
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Contact the worldshop in the airport or in Bielefeld (thats their outlet location). I'm sure the latter will ship it to you.

Lufthansa WorldShop Outlet Herford
Röntgenstraße 17

D-32052 Herford

Tel.: + 49 (0) 52 21 - 2 84 52 50
Fax: + 49 (0) 52 21 - 62 84 52 50
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:32 am

Does anyone know how much a shop earns by selling Rimowa bags?

I am wondering because prices are very high, but following this thread there seem to be discounts up to 25%, and also 19% VAT, so in total a shop seems to buy them for about 30-50% of the retail price!? Or am I totally wrong?

What is the new packing system? Does anyone have a picture?
I only know about the "X-system" of topas and salsa.....

Thanks a lot!
SebFra
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SebFra
What is the new packing system? Does anyone have a picture?
I only know about the "X-system" of topas and salsa.....
go to rimova.com and look at the inside of the salsa deluxe (for example 850.52) the rimova website won't link
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:16 am

[QUOTE=SebFra;14944355]Does anyone know how much a shop earns by selling Rimowa bags?

I am wondering because prices are very high, but following this thread there seem to be discounts up to 25%, and also 19% VAT, so in total a shop seems to buy them for about 30-50% of the retail price!? Or am I totally wrong?
/QUOTE]

Shops dont discount the 19% VAT, the german taxman does.
Did you ever wonder how much the clothing stores make if they fo 70% and higher sales? Welcome to the retail world.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Maybe a mod could rename the title of this thread to something like "Rimowa in Germany", since there is much more information available in this thread than the title suggests...
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:00 pm

Thanks for the information. I will give them a ring.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:37 pm

Rimowa Bolero Lufthansa edition notebook bag

I've seen this bag on worldshop.eu and of course they do not ship to US. My next trip over is not until March and May. Are any options available for me to find the LH branded bag somewhere that could ship???
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:17 am

Did you call the Worldshop outlet as Oliver2002 suggested?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-question.html

Did you try eBay.de? Maybe you are lucky and can find your model and a seller that is willing to ship to the US?
Old Oct 16, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by German-FLyer
Did you call the Worldshop outlet as Oliver2002 suggested?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-question.html

Did you try eBay.de? Maybe you are lucky and can find your model and a seller that is willing to ship to the US?
I found Koffer.de very helpful and they shipped to the UK and I'm delighted with the case.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by 1967cougar
I've seen this bag on worldshop.eu and of course they do not ship to US. My next trip over is not until March and May. Are any options available for me to find the LH branded bag somewhere that could ship???
Cougar;

I have the Rimowa Bolero Notebook, Lufthansa model. I purchased it in Germany, and as you probably know it fits over the pull-out handle of any of the Rimowa wheeled cases. I holds a great deal of paperwork and light equipment. It is very functional, practical, and looks good atop the Rimowa luggage.

I wish I could attach a foto here for you to see. Not sure exactly how to do this. Worldshop LH also does not ship many items to non-EU countries here, including Switzerland.

I see your options in North America as:
1.) Have someone in the EU purchase it and then poste it to you.
2.) Buy it on EBAY.DE if you can, but ensure first that the seller is willing to ship it to you in North America. Deutsche Poste can be expensive.
3.) Purchase the Rimowa original (non LH) from a sponsor here on FT such as Das Bags.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 8:19 am

If you are determined to get the luggage with the LH logo, you could also order it from Worldshop and have them send it to a package forwarding service, that will then send the package from Germany to the states. Just have a search on google, there are quite some options available. Obviously this might not be the cheapest option, since you will have to pay for the service and won't be able to get any VAT refunded (but impatience has never been cheap ).
Old Oct 18, 2010, 7:25 am

I called, but they did not have anyone who spoke english and my German is no where close to being effective enough to order something......
Old Oct 18, 2010, 7:40 am

I tried the outlet, unfortunately I do not speak German well enough and they had no one that spoke english. I suspect I can try randomly to see if someone else who works in the outlet can help me in English. I figured this wasnt going to be easy!!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:01 am
txl

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
Did you try the German worldshop hotline?
It's +491803967537467.
Mail: [email protected]

-txl.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.