Wiki Posts
Search

Possible massive strikes of LH pilots

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2010, 3:51 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by econprof
Afternoon DE or US time?
Most likely DE time I'd think - why would they issue the announcement at night (i.e. US afternoon)?! Also, starflyergold is based in Europe so I am guessing he refers to his own reality
Old Feb 18, 2010, 3:52 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by econprof
Afternoon DE or US time?
Afternoon CET, apparently LH are going to hold a press conference.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:11 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by chris63
..but their current policy for this strike is no reroutings only rebooking on LH flights
Same here. They won't transport me but they also won't move me over to the SQ service ... it doesn't look good.

But hey it seamlessly fits into my past experiences and it gives me a perfect excuse to miss that dreaded meeting.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by weero
But hey it seamlessly fits into my past experiences and it gives me a perfect excuse to miss that dreaded meeting.
And miss your LH whY experience!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: EBS
Does anybody know if they're only willing to re-route the flights that fall on the strike days? I'm flying TLL-FRA-MAD on the 23rd and MAD-FRA-ZRH on the 27th and then further, ZRH-FRA-TLL on the 3rd of March. Can I rebook all those flights sometime in March or can I only rebook the flights on the 23rd?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by maarit
Does anybody know if they're only willing to re-route the flights that fall on the strike days? I'm flying TLL-FRA-MAD on the 23rd and MAD-FRA-ZRH on the 27th and then further, ZRH-FRA-TLL on the 3rd of March. Can I rebook all those flights sometime in March or can I only rebook the flights on the 23rd?
@:-)

Call, ask them and let us know, please. It seems that different people here have slightly different experiences so whatever you are told here might not apply in the end.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:35 am

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by nomad1974
@:-)

Call, ask them and let us know, please. It seems that different people here have slightly different experiences so whatever you are told here might not apply in the end.
I'd love to, but I've been trying since this morning and just got a busy tone.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:44 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by nomad1974
..It seems that different people here have slightly different experiences so whatever you are told here might not apply in the end.
Isn't that straightforward? German ruling allows them to pretty much screw over the pax as a strike is not a failure of the management but an act of god or something close to that.
Now if a Pom calls then they are afraid that they will have to pay compensation but that fear does not exist with the victims ex DE. When you call the SEN line in Switzerland, they are - as usual - clueless and hence transfer you to DE and there you get denied any possible request.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
And miss your LH whY experience!
I will miss out but not miss it.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Afternoon CET, apparently LH are going to hold a press conference.
US SENline still refusing to book on other airlines.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I am still unsure as to whether this affects Eurowings operated flights or not. I have a VIE-DUS coming up on the 22nd, on LH pure. If Eurowings is still operating, they could rebook me onto one of their flights, as EW operate some of the VIE-DUS flights. So does Austrian Airlines. If they don't want to book onto other carriers, what about onto codeshare flights (i.e. LH operated by OS)?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

The last date by which any re-booked travel must be completed has now changed from 31 March to 31 May. Is this a sign that they expect the strike to last much longer or just being more flexible? Or do they expect it would be difficult to accommodate everybody by 31 March?

Passengers already booked on a Lufthansa flight in the period from 22 to 25.02.2010 can rebook once free of charge on another Lufthansa flight, if they wish to change their travel plans – provided their ticket was issued before 18. February, the new travel date is before 31.05.2010 and no change is made in their departure and arrival destination.
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...l=en&cid=18002

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Feb 18, 2010 at 7:42 am
Old Feb 18, 2010, 9:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Assuming your friend is not of a nationality that can now get visas on arrival in India, and that the flights are on separate tickets, then I think obtaining a visa for India is a wise precaution.

If the flights are on the same ticket then your friend could ask for a reroute.
(Un)fortunately Kiwis have a distinct advantage shared by not many others of getting a visa on arrival in India, so my friend cannot take advantage of this. Actually, her problem is that she needs to visit India in March for a much longer trip, and that would be precluded if she enters in Feb, due to the Indians' new, enlightened visa policy that bans tourists from entering twice within a 60-day period.

And no the two tickets are separate - the one to CCU is a BD award (TG/C) and the one from CCU to FRA is a paid LH/C ticket
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:44 am

Exclamation Special flight schedule during the strike period

On Friday Feb 19, 2010 (early afternoon CET) Lufthansa will publish a special flight schedule during the strike period here.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by FedUp2
(Un)fortunately Kiwis have a distinct advantage shared by not many others of getting a visa on arrival in India, so my friend cannot take advantage of this. Actually, her problem is that she needs to visit India in March for a much longer trip, and that would be precluded if she enters in Feb, due to the Indians' new, enlightened visa policy that bans tourists from entering twice within a 60-day period.

And no the two tickets are separate - the one to CCU is a BD award (TG/C) and the one from CCU to FRA is a paid LH/C ticket
Well then she may be in trouble. In any case, it's always a good idea to leave some leeway in between flights on 2 separate tickets. She was really cutting it close. What if TG had a 2-hour delay?! Etc...
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:27 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by FedUp2

In that case your friend is probably SOL unless the strike is called off. Time to investigate other (possibly expensive) routing options through use of new tickets.

If my experience of obtaining Indian visa is anything to go by, it is probably too late to get one for next week anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.