Wiki Posts
Search

Possible massive strikes of LH pilots

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2010, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Exclamation Possible massive strikes of LH pilots

It looks like strikesof LH pilots lie ahead. All major German newspapers have it in their headlines. Let's hope that right now it is just a tactical move by the pilots union to build up pressure.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caspritz78
It looks like strikesof LH pilots lie ahead. All major German newspapers have it in their headlines. Let's hope that right now it is just a tactical move by the pilots union to build up pressure.
Any ideas on timing?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:28 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
it could start already this running week ...

Pilotengewerkschaft Vereinigung Cockpit gibt heute 12 Uhr das Ergebnis ihrer Urabstimmung über einen Arbeitskampf bei der Deutschen Lufthansa bekannt. Die Airline fürchtet grosse Schäden.

Mit dem Ende der Urabstimmung sind Ausstände theoretisch schon in dieser Woche möglich.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:24 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
The German Press Association has just announced that the pilots voted by more than 90% to strike. No more details yet.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:35 am

Programs: LH Sen, OW Sapphire, Skyteam Gold
Strike

The Financial Times Germany has just published that the Lufthansa pilots will be on strike between February 22nd and February 25th for the beginning.
I will fly to Sao Paulo tomorrow and return on the 2nd of March , hope the strike will be done by then, an upgrade to First wouldn´t be bad either
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txlflyer
The Financial Times Germany has just published that the Lufthansa pilots will be on strike between February 22nd and February 25th for the beginning.
I will fly to Sao Paulo tomorrow and return on the 2nd of March , hope the strike will be done by then, an upgrade to First wouldn´t be bad either
Oh my goodness! Flying 20th to BKK/28th to FRA. Very busy time to Asia. Let's see what happens.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:37 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Spiegel reports stikes will begin on Monday but are open ended. The main goal of the Pilot Union is to stop LH from moving jobs to cheaper subsidiaries. Boy this will be fun. Almost feels like the BA forum now.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:38 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
The FAZ confirms the dates and adds that the strikes will also affect Germanwings and Lufthansa Cargo (although I don't suppose many FTers use the latter!)
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:48 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by tuff
The FAZ confirms the dates and adds that the strikes will also affect Germanwings and Lufthansa Cargo (although I don't suppose many FTers use the latter!)
Ugh. Any info on whether it will be likely to affect long-haul? I am flying JFK-FRA on 23.02.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:48 am

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Spiegel reports stikes will begin on Monday but are open ended. The main goal of the Pilot Union is to stop LH from moving jobs to cheaper subsidiaries. Boy this will be fun. Almost feels like the BA forum now.
which are the cheaper subsidiaries?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: M&M Senator, Delta DM, United 1K
Was due to fly home to the states on 25.2, currently sourcing other airlines, not much availability out of Africa!!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:58 am

Programs: UA 1k, LH Sen, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Avis CC
sick and tired of delays and cancellations....

I have no idea what they are going on strike for but I am getting tired of all the fuss whether it is due to the weather or strikes or whatever. Perhaps better to avoid LH during the next 2 months all together...
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:59 am

Programs: LH Sen, OW Sapphire, Skyteam Gold
Originally Posted by econprof
Ugh. Any info on whether it will be likely to affect long-haul? I am flying JFK-FRA on 23.02.
It definitely affects longhaul. Call the Sen-Hotline and ask for a rebooking on LX or AUA. The earlier you call the bigger your chances for a seat on another airline are. My experience from the last strike two years ago.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:59 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by econprof
I recommend to rebook (to LH daughter companies not affected by this strike)

LX (swiss) JFK-ZRH-FRA (or even get off at ZRH and take the train ZRH-FRA)
OS (Austrian Airlines) JFK-VIE-FRA

or UA JFK-FRA (as LH/UA share costs and revenue for these flights, LH may be willing to rebook you for free)
Old Feb 17, 2010, 5:01 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Ouch! I have 8 European flights on LH the next two weeks. After the weather related delays of the last few weeks and the talk of strike now, I'm starting to feel like a BA passenger.

Please post in this thread when more information becomes available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.