Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges - Senator vs. Business vs. FTLs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2009, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Lounges - Senator vs. Business vs. FTLs

Can anyone explain the difference between the three?

A recent search did not give me much more insight than there is more food in some than others, depending on location.

Thank you much
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
This is very simple. LH has 3 tier of lounges

FCL (FCT)
SEN
FTL/Business

FCL/FCT is top lounge and F pax and HON have access to it. SEN is for *G and FTL/Business is *S level.

You can find enough info about each of the lounges by visiting lufthansa.com
Old Oct 5, 2009, 11:05 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
If you are not HON, SEN or FTL you have access to

FCT: if departring on LH/LX in F
FCL: if arriving or departring on LH/LX in F
Senator lounge: if *G or departing on *A carrier in F
FTL/Business lounge: if departing on *A carrier in C

Revised information may be found on this page.
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...nodeid=1801992
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:33 am

Programs: LX SEN; Sixt Platinum
The higher the class of the lounge, the more restricted is the access. Hence, a higher class lounge will be less crowded than a lower class lounge.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
FCL/FCT lounges have DO&CO catering, SEN lounges have some hot & cold food but can be very crowded, FTL/Business lounges have Gummi-bears and cookies but more seating available.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

The Business Area in Pier B-West had two kinds of soup and a sandwich bar (later moved to a SEN lounge according to a report on FT) at lunch time. The Tower Lounge, which is a Business lounge, also has more food options than Gummi-bears and cookies.

Has anyone been to the new Business Lounge in Pier B-West yet?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: LH-HON
Originally Posted by Rambuster
FCL/FCT lounges have DO&CO catering, SEN lounges have some hot & cold food but can be very crowded, FTL/Business lounges have Gummi-bears and cookies but more seating available.
Didn't LSG cater the FCL in MUC at the beginning? I didn't recognise the change as they still have the old "LSG food style", not the DO&CO of FRA...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:56 am
hch

Originally Posted by Rambuster
The MUC FCL has LSG catering, which I prefer vastly over the Do&Co catering in FRA. Haven't checked the JFK F floor yet.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:54 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by volta
This is very simple. LH has 3 tier of lounges

FCL (FCT)
SEN
FTL/Business

FCL/FCT is top lounge and F pax and HON have access to it. SEN is for *G and FTL/Business is *S level.

You can find enough info about each of the lounges by visiting lufthansa.com
Question: I am currently *S (1P) status on UA. Next month I'm flying through Munich on UA, transfering in Munich to a international Lufthansa flight. I have a 3-hr layover. Can I get access to the FTL/Business lounge to take a shower? Sure would be nice.
I looked on Lufhtansa.com and I seem to read that you have to be at least *G (2P) status to gain access to their Lufthansa lounges. source: here
Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by KellyLS
Question: I am currently *S (1P) status on UA. Next month I'm flying through Munich on UA, transfering in Munich to a international Lufthansa flight. I have a 3-hr layover. Can I get access to the FTL/Business lounge to take a shower? Sure would be nice.
I looked on Lufhtansa.com and I seem to read that you have to be at least *G (2P) status to gain access to their Lufthansa lounges.
You need to have *G status to access the business/SEN lounges. The only exception is that M&M FTL (*S) get access to LH/LX/OS operated business class lounges.

P.S. I think you got the status levels wrong:
UA 1K and 1P = *G
2P and 3P = *S
Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
You need to have *G status to access the business/SEN lounges. The only exception is that M&M FTL (*S) get access to LH/LX/OS operated business class lounges.

P.S. I think you got the status levels wrong:
UA 1K and 1P = *G
2P and 3P = *S
I was thinking *S=Star Silver, for Premier status members? What does *S stand for?
I know *G stands for Star Gold members.

Last edited by KellyLS; Nov 13, 2010 at 8:54 pm
Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was thinking *S = Premier status as in *Silver? What does *S stand for?
*S = Star Alliance Silver status
*G = Star Alliance Gold status

The UA status levels are:

Premier Associate (3P) = *S
Premier (2P) = *S
Premier Executive (1P) = *G
Premier Executive 1K) = *G
Global Services (GS) = *G

You wrote earlier that you have 1P (*S) status which contradicts itself. You either have 1P status (= *G) or you have *S status (which could be 2P or 3P)
Old Nov 13, 2010, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
*S = Star Alliance Silver status
*G = Star Alliance Gold status

The UA status levels are:

Premier Associate (3P) = *S
Premier (2P) = *S
Premier Executive (1P) = *G
Premier Executive 1K) = *G
Global Services (GS) = *G

You wrote earlier that you have 1P (*S) status which contradicts itself. You either have 1P status (= *G) or you have *S status (which could be 2P or 3P)
I thought I read here a few days ago (I'm a newbie) that Premier=1P and Premier Executive=2P. I guess I have them backwards, looking at the FT glossary.
I am only Premier Status, at present , so that makes me a 2P.
So my new question is to you is this:
You wrote earlier 'The only exception is that M&M FTL (*S) get access to LH/LX/OS operated business class lounges.' What do you mean by this?
Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:28 pm

I looked on Lufhtansa.com and I seem to read that you have to be at least *G (2P) status to gain access to their Lufthansa lounges. source: here
*S of other airlines' programmes don't have access to LH's Business/FTL lounges unless travelling in Business.

But are you sure 1P is *S? According to this post in the UA forum 1P=*G and 2P=*S. If you are *G you will have access to SEN lounges as well as Business/FTL lounges.

p.s. Ooops! I should have noticed others have already replied to your post. (Too early in the morning!)

You wrote earlier 'The only exception is that M&M FTL (*S) get access to LH/LX/OS operated business class lounges.' What do you mean by this?
LH's (actually Miles & More's) own *S (FTL) have access to LH/LX/OS operated Business lounges but as I wrote earlier *S from other programmes don't have access to these lounges.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 13, 2010 at 10:35 pm
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am only Premier Status, at present , so that makes me a 2P.
So my new question is to you is this:
Thanks!
Sorry for using too many abbreviations. As NewbieRunner already mentiioned, I was referring to pax who earned Frequent Traveller Status (FTL) with Miles and More. Even though FTL status in only *S, FTLs can access business class lounges operated by LH/LX/OS.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
p.s. Ooops! I should have noticed others have already replied to your post. (Too early in the morning!)
Were you making references to my multiple personality?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.