Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've heard about In-n-Out for ages as though it was this big holy grail. Was at a conference a few weeks ago that In-n-Out catered. They even promoted it in the conference materials! Having heard about it so much I stuck around 2 extra hours just to get the In-n-Out meal. What a huge let-down, disappointment, what on earth is the fuss all about? Way way underwhelmed. Had I known I would have left the conference earlier & avoided *%!Z# LA rush hour.

Cheers.

PS - Do the Parking Spot, not the cab. Not fair to the cab driver.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
What a huge let-down, disappointment, what on earth is the fuss all about? Way way underwhelmed.
But why was it a let down?

I'm just guessing that a catered burger isn't as good as a restaurant one.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, DL Silver, SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
But why was it a let down?

I'm just guessing that a catered burger isn't as good as a restaurant one.
I have had them catered to an office lunch affair once, and the difference was pretty dramatic. They were soggy, not hot off the grill, and the fries were nowhere near what they are when you order right at the restaurant drive-thru. So, I can understand the disappointment.

p.s. no fast food is worth the risk of being caught in LA rush hour!
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Originally Posted by kflyer2
...or being gouged at the airport, which is my primary motivation for heading to In-N-Out during my long layover.

Where's Wendy's when you need it?
Old Apr 8, 2006, 9:29 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
If you want to stay in the confines of the UA secured terminal area, one could walk over to T-6 and have a Jodi Maroni sausage. This is another L.A. institution.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The In-n-Out 'wagon' was outside the conference facility & they were serving directly from the truck/wagon (supposedly burgers being made right there). Hard to know. It was burger (w/ Russian dressing/something like that - what's that all about?). It was soda, potato chips, burger. Burger was mediocre in taste, & I'm not a fan of the dressing whatever that was.

I'm not a huge fast food person anyway, but can say I wouldn't make a special trip to get an In-n-Out burger. But obviously others think they're fab, so to each their own.

Since I live 10 minutes from the LAX In-n-Out maybe at some point I'll go over to try theirs & then post if it lives up to what you all say, the wagon was an abberation.

Cheers.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Since I live 10 minutes from the LAX In-n-Out maybe at some point I'll go over to try theirs & then post if it lives up to what you all say, the wagon was an abberation.

Cheers.
Yeah, the wagon by accounts isn't up to snuff. If you don't like the dressing, ask for without. They do have ketchup/mustard if you ask. Or go for animal-style, where they cook the mustard INTO the meat.

They make it, the way YOU like it ^
Old Apr 11, 2006, 1:57 pm

I've done the parking spot trip...They couldn't care less if you parked there or not, they just drop you off at the entrance to the parking garage...get food to go and sit outside and watch the planes fly over the park...probably the best spot in the country to "plane watch"...then take bus back or just walk...the last time I was there I decided to walk back to terminal...it only took me 15 minutes or so...but I tend to walk fast...I felt MUCH better after walking off a little of my GREAT MEAL!!
Old Apr 11, 2006, 6:37 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I've heard about In-n-Out for ages as though it was this big holy grail. Was at a conference a few weeks ago that In-n-Out catered. They even promoted it in the conference materials! Having heard about it so much I stuck around 2 extra hours just to get the In-n-Out meal. What a huge let-down, disappointment, what on earth is the fuss all about? Way way underwhelmed. Had I known I would have left the conference earlier & avoided *%!Z# LA rush hour.

Cheers.

PS - Do the Parking Spot, not the cab. Not fair to the cab driver.
I completely agree with your assessment of In-n-Out. The burger is good but not as good as the hyperbole would suggest.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 6:44 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Oh no, our first disagreement.

I am counting the days (now finally less than a month) until I can go to In-N-Out.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 7:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, HH GLD
In-N-Out is delicious! When I went to school in Texas, I used to order extras for my roomies (also from Cali), just without the sauce and tomatoes.... fly with them in a bag to Texas and they would chow down at the airport.

Sounds kinda gross,but for college kids who are California natives, anway to get In-N-Out is a good way.

All of this talk means I'm having me a double-double with grilled onions on the way home!

FutureCEO1982
Old Apr 11, 2006, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by obscure2k
I completely agree with your assessment of In-n-Out. The burger is good but not as good as the hyperbole would suggest.
"Get a rope."
Old Apr 16, 2006, 5:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Taxis

Originally Posted by Moderator2
You are going to have one seriously angry taxi driver. Depending on the time of day, the driver may have been queuing for over an hour, in the offsite lot (which actually isn't too far from In-N-Out). The fare without tip may be all of $4.75. With the positioning of LAX in the Los Angeles Metro area, even a short taxi fare from a terminal should result in a fare of about $20 for a driver.

I'm not a fan of taxi drivers in any city, but these people do work very hard for not a lot of net dollars. One should try to be fair.

I agree that LA cabbies would be pissed about the short fare. However, if you offer them a HUGE tip ($15 on top of the $5 fare), they would be happy to take you. Just tell them that you are going to give them a big tip for the short ride.

Also, In'N'Out is the best. Hands down. The wagon catering isn't as good as the real thing. Let us know what you think after you go!
Old Apr 22, 2006, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've grown up with In'N'Out which did start with just one place in Pasadena, I believe. I never thought it was anything special even back then, but I admire the marketing acumen that can make so many people think it is.

Look, they've got hamburgers, buns, cheese, fixings, fries, shakes, and softdrinks, and they let you order permutations and combinations. Big deal. It's funny to go to their website and see that they have even made the "off menu" items registered trademarks, sure shows what a big secret THEY are, right?
Old Apr 22, 2006, 5:35 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Originally Posted by kflyer2
I have had them catered to an office lunch affair once, and the difference was pretty dramatic. They were soggy, not hot off the grill, and the fries were nowhere near what they are when you order right at the restaurant drive-thru. So, I can understand the disappointment.

Me too, and in the middle of the office picnic they ran out of cooking gas and everyone got a coupon for a free in-person meal at In'N'Out. Yum!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.