Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C & O Trattoria - Venice Beach

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2003, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

C & O Trattoria - Venice Beach

As it has been about 80 degrees in the dead of winter in Souther California, my wife and I went to one of our favorite places for brunch yesterday. C&O Trattoria used to be called the cheeze and the olive many many moons ago. It was and still is a quaint restaurnat with exceptional food and an amazing value (especially for being that close to the water). It is about 8 storefronts from the sand and is about a quarter to half mile from the beginning of the famous (or even infamous) Venice Beach boardwalk. The restaurant has a fully outdoor patio that seats about 100 that they bring out large umbrellas if shade is required. You should have been there yesterday or today as the weather is like a mild summer day.

We have been there a number of times in the past couple of years and have not had a dissapointing instance yet. For breakfast, they have eggs benedict; omlettes; oatmeal that has apples, dates, walnuts and brown sugar; fritattas; even five types of breakfast pasta. For lunch type items you will find pastas with almost any imaginable ingredient; salads - mediterrain, caesar, spinich among others; panini sandwiches and what I would say is some of the best calamari I have had in a long time.

Their portions on everything are huge. My wife and I split a 1/2 order of calamari ($6.95) and a 1/2 order of spinich salad ($7.95). We did come close to finishing it, but it was an amazing amount of food. The full orders were only $2.00 more but since we were walking on the boardwalk later, we didn't think it good to take home leftover calamari

I have had the fritatta, breakfast pasta and an omlette and they were all made to perfection. My wife, prefers lunch has had a couple of their pastas as well and has enjoyed each one. If my wife orders a pasta dish, it is always the half order. She has not been able to finish even the half order by herself. When asked about the size of the full order, the waitress responded that the full order is 2 lbs of pasta plus all of the other ingredients. 2 POUNDS. That is crazy.

Anyhow, we thoughrougly recommend this restaurant. They have a website that you can visit at www.cotrattoria.com

Their address is:

31 Washington Boulevard
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
at the Venice Pier
(310) 823-9491

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.