Wiki Posts
Search

The Magic Castle -- How's the Food?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2003, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM
The Magic Castle -- How's the Food?

I will be taking customers to the Magic Castle for dinner and the magic shows.

Has antone eaten at the Magic Castle recently and can you post your opinion of the food.

Thanks

RC
Old Jan 21, 2003, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not so many years ago it was considered dreadful. But in the last few years I've heard it's improved considerably. Don't know what that really means though.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 10:28 pm

The food is not the best, but it is okay. I would agree that it has gotton better in the past few years. Their Sunday brunch was nice. Expect to spend about $40 per person minimum for dinner. I usually stick with the meat entrees myself like the prime rib. When you are there, don't miss the close up rooms. Those to me are the best. The main event is also usually good. The parlor has good people from time to time, but usually, I have better luck in hte other 2 theatres. Also, try and find out who is performing if you have a chance to go an alternate week. Sometimes, there are awesome acts that appear.

If you like the shows, my wife and I would recommend the Ceasar's Magical Empire at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. When we were there, the Pendragons were on one of the stages. They were awesome. The show, including dinner and wine during dinner was about $80.00 per person at the time, but we thought that it was well worth it.

As for the Magic Castle, make sure that you are dressed up and that you are wearing a Sportcoat or Blazer and dress shoes. I have seen them turn people away for not wearign proper attire. They are still very strict on this rule with the exception of their Sunday Brunch (from what I remmember). It is always good to check with them however.

Have a good time.

Andrew
Old Jan 28, 2003, 7:35 pm

i have been trying for years to find a way to get in at the magic castle, any tips?
Old Jan 28, 2003, 11:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I ate there about two months ago. The food was enjoyable, but I think the company was better. They have an option called the Feastalboard (?) which is a salad, cheese and pate buffet. I thought the shows were very enjoyable but, again, I was with a group of friends.

Re: how to get in. You might try and find a magician (even through the internet). They are relatively generous with guest passes (no discount, it just gets you in the door, and the member is not required to come with you).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.