Wiki Posts
Search

Walking from Hyatt Regency to T7

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2022, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Walking from Hyatt Regency to T7

I have a morning flight next week on United and am going to spend the prior evening at the Hyatt Regency. It's been a long time since I've flown United and I've never walked from the Hyatt except along Century to T1.

If I recall, there's a pathway off of Sepulveda that leads up to the admin building. It seems this is the shortest walk if I can get to that area and then just cross to the south terminal area for check-in at T7.

Does this sound right? Or is there a better way to do this? I figured this is simpler than waiting for and dealing with the hotel shuttle. I have just a backpack.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Take a look at this thread:
OskiBear and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I've walked from the Hyatt to AA, and was able simply to walk to Sepulveda, take a left, and then take a right on the street (World Way?) that accesses all the terminals on that side of the airport.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Blumie
I've walked from the Hyatt to AA, and was able simply to walk to Sepulveda, take a left, and then take a right on the street (World Way?) that accesses all the terminals on that side of the airport.
I think that's going to the next walkway, correct? The one I used in the past was to the admin building. I forgot about the one to the south that basically connects up to the end of the horseshoe/terminal loop. Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2022, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I do this walk regularly but from T6. I walk out from baggage claim to the traffic light at East Way (between T6 and T7) then across the loop to the traffic light at T1. Then it is a straight shot passing by LAX-IT on the left on the way to Sepulveda; cross Sepulveda and you are there. Sidewalks all the way, ~.65 miles; map in the thread above.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Interesting. Normally we walk through the garage to T1 but this looks shorter. How long did it take? Do you have to cross through traffic?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Interesting. Normally we walk through the garage to T1 but this looks shorter. How long did it take? Do you have to cross through traffic?
All the crossings in the linked thread are controlled - either with lights across World Way or stop signs and a flag person at center way. I think you can still walk through the garages at the lower level, but the upper level bridge between the two lots was removed to put in the people mover. There are also alternates where you walk all the way to the end of T7 and just cross single lane crosswalks that don't have any active controls. You can zoom in on Google satellite view to see them, and they take you out to Sepulveda, where you can then walk north to get up to Century.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
So how long is the walk? If not too long, I rather not wait for the shuttle if there is one.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
So how long is the walk? If not too long, I rather not wait for the shuttle if there is one.
Probably 10-ish minutes from T7. Usually when I do the walk I'm going a little farther to Quik Park or Sunrise parking from T6.

Google shows the distance as about a half mile on foot.
Boraxo and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisl137
Probably 10-ish minutes from T7. Usually when I do the walk I'm going a little farther to Quik Park or Sunrise parking from T6.

Google shows the distance as about a half mile on foot.
It sure beats the shuttle if it's not frequent.

Originally Posted by Blumie
1​​​​​​​0-ish minute? I have an upcoming AA LAX-LHR flight and also thinking of staying at this Hyatt.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:26 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
It sure beats the shuttle if it's not frequent.
The shuttle IS frequent from the Hyatt as it serves the parking structure behind the hotel also.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Markie
The shuttle IS frequent from the Hyatt as it serves the parking structure behind the hotel also.
How frequent?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:39 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
How frequent?
The most I have waited from hotel to airport is 10 minutes.
Other way is dependent on LAX traffic.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Markie
The most I have waited from hotel to airport is 10 minutes.
Other way is dependent on LAX traffic.
You mean the interval from hotel to airport is every 10 minutes? I'm assuming that's only during peak hours?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The problem you run into with shuttle frequency is the inbound traffic into the horseshoe. If traffic is bad they can end up with not enough shuttles to maintain the frequency. If you use a facility that has "call for pickup", then you're limited by the time it takes them to get around the U. You can get an idea of traffic flow from the traffic display on google maps and also from the FlyLAXstats twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/FlyLAXstats
SPN Lifer, Boraxo and lsquare like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.