Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

LAX - Walking from Terminal 6 to Sheraton

Old Sep 17, 2021, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite

I'm wondering if anyone has actually walked from the airport to the hotels on Century Blvd. Google Maps is showing a relatively easy 17 minute walk from Terminal 6 to the Sheraton, which seems preferable than waiting for the shuttle, especially after a long flight. I'd like to know if the walk is as easy/doable as it looks.

Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2021, 7:04 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Take a look at the last page of The "LAX Airport Hotel Questions/Suggestions" Consolidated Thread. There are clear instructions on how to walk to the Hyatt Regency LAX, which is nearby.

Originally Posted by chrisl137
There are sidewalks the whole way. LAX is bizarrely easily walkable (so very not-LA) once you understand how, but it's not obvious at all until you do it a few times.

You want to walk east out of the north side of the horseshoe and then all you have to do is walk across Sepulveda.

So if you're already on the north side (T1-T3) just head east, walk past the LAXit lot, push the button at Sepulveda, and you're there when you get across the street. It's about 0.3 miles from T1.

If you're on the south side it's more complicated because the construction makes getting across the horseshoe more confusing. You can either take the bus to the LAXit lot (get it on the inside curb closest to the terminal) and follow the directions above, or walk east toward T7 and then follow the signs for walking to the LAXit lot, then turn right and cross Sepulveda. There's a more pleasant and slightly shorter way through the flagpole park, but it's less obvious when walking from the terminals.

I've been parking a lot at QuikPark, which is right behind the Hyatt and shares a shuttle, and I've always walked to T6. It's a very easy walk - I've done it with quite a bit of luggage even. I used to walk to Lot C all the time (surrounded where the Cell Phone Waiting Lot is now) and it was a nice walk. Crossing the Vicksburg bridge when planes are coming in is really cool - they're *very* close.

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 17, 2021 at 8:37 am Reason: Formatting
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by CarNut
I'm wondering if anyone has actually walked from the airport to the hotels on Century Blvd. Google Maps is showing a relatively easy 17 minute walk from Terminal 6 to the Sheraton, which seems preferable than waiting for the shuttle, especially after a long flight. I'd like to know if the walk is as easy/doable as it looks.

Thanks!
It is a very easy walk, especially from Terminal 6. You should just be able to walk out on the arrivals level, take East Way over to Terminal 1 and walk straight down to Century Blvd. and keep going. I would say 17 minutes would be about right.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 10:44 pm

Here's a map I created for a different thread. It's from Terminal 4 to the Hyatt Regency, which measured out to be 0.85 mile (1.36km). It's probably a similar distance between Terminal 6 and the Sheraton.

Map Source (switch to aerial view to see the walking path and crosswalks): https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=28436...=2&form=S00027

This routing is slightly different from the one proposed by mcgahat. That method might be slightly longer, but easier to manage. You'd cross East Way, which the road next to the "I" where it says "Los Angeles International Airport" on the map.
mradey and mcgahat like this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Here's a map I created for a different thread. It's from Terminal 4 to the Hyatt Regency, which measured out to be 0.85 mile (1.36km). It's probably a similar distance between Terminal 6 and the Sheraton.
Have you checked it recently? The construction has made a mess of the walking routes for quite a while. I used to take very close to the route you show, but the curve to the northeast right after you cross World Way to get away from the terminals has been blocked by construction for most of the pandemic. I've drawn in red the route I've been taking - the vertical part follows the "this way to LAXit" route, but then crosses over toward the administration building (the circular driveway) after crossing center way and then follows the sidewalks there to the flagpole park. There's been a flag person at the center way crossing as close to 24/7 as I can tell (at least as late as 1 am). I've also put in blue what I think was the route to the LAXit lot last time I went that way - it's basically follow the red but continue following LAXit signs after crossing center way.

It's also possible to walk out east past T8 and onto the little island between the ramps and Sepulveda, then head north on the west side of Sepulveda, but unless you're going to the bus stop on Sepulveda that's probably the last choice of way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.