Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walking from Hyatt Regency to T7

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Concur. The Hyatt shuttle is frequent but may not be worth it if you are pressed for time or don’t mind hoofing it across the street with rolling luggage. I have only done t1<->t6/7 (transferring between airlines) but it sounds like the walk to Hyatt is not much farther or perilous. The shuttle can literally take 20+ minutes due to traffic esp if you have to circle the entire airport.
chrisl137, SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Concur. The Hyatt shuttle is frequent but may not be worth it if you are pressed for time or don’t mind hoofing it across the street with rolling luggage. I have only done t1<->t6/7 (transferring between airlines) but it sounds like the walk to Hyatt is not much farther or perilous. The shuttle can literally take 20+ minutes due to traffic esp if you have to circle the entire airport.
Yes - the hyatt is one block east of the end of T1 (a long-ish block, but still not really significant) and across one street. It's a minimal addition to the walking time and way more predictable. If I were going to the Hyatt and there wasn't a bus pulling up to the curb when I walked out, I'd just walk it.

A hybrid alternative is to take the LAXit bus. There are usually so many of them (paid for by that extra LAX fee) blinking their rainbow flashing signs that you're unlikely to wait for more than a minute or two. They're practically nose to tail like train cars or sushi boats. Then when you get off you just walk 100 feet to Century and a half block to Sepulveda. They have the advantage over hotel buses in that they're allowed to use the LAWA lanes on the inside lower level.
Boraxo and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
As I’ve stated earlier in this thread I always walk. I’ve recently had a friend take the HR shuttle to T6 while I walked from the Hyatt Regency to T6. It took me 9 minutes leisurely walking with my roller and I arrived 10 minutes before my friend (traffic wasn’t bad early afternoon).

Going from T7 taking the HR shuttle could be faster by a minute or two instead of walking but that assumes the shuttle isn’t full by the time it arrives at T7. Again the walk is easy and a known quantity and I don’t have to rely on the shuttle or traffic.
SPN Lifer and Boraxo like this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
As I’ve stated earlier in this thread I always walk. I’ve recently had a friend take the HR shuttle to T6 while I walked from the Hyatt Regency to T6. It took me 9 minutes leisurely walking with my roller and I arrived 10 minutes before my friend (traffic wasn’t bad early afternoon).

Going from T7 taking the HR shuttle could be faster by a minute or two instead of walking but that assumes the shuttle isn’t full by the time it arrives at T7. Again the walk is easy and a known quantity and I don’t have to rely on the shuttle or traffic.
Sounds like walking from the Hyatt to LAX is faster than walking from LAX to the Hyatt.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Reviving this thread. My question is, is it safe to do this walk at midnight? I arrive into LAX next week at midnight and depart the next morning at 9am. I will do the walk in the morning, but is it better to shuttle at night?

thanks
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
Reviving this thread. My question is, is it safe to do this walk at midnight? I arrive into LAX next week at midnight and depart the next morning at 9am. I will do the walk in the morning, but is it better to shuttle at night?

thanks
I’d be comfortable walking
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob

thanks
Even at midnight you will have quite a few people walking at least as far as LAXit. Continuing on the sidewalk from there, Sepulveda and Century (where the HR) is only a couple of minutes and you will usually have some flight crew and other travelers dragging rollers that direction too.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Have done this walk multiple times over the past several months arriving post-midnight on the late SFO-LAX flight with no problems.

As mentioned, the route via LAXit and beyond will have more airport travelers. I usually go through the memorial (if exiting airport at T7) since it's quicker but I've occasionally seen people "overnighting" in the grassy area near there. Didn't feel unsafe though.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:19 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
It's an ugly, noisy walk even at midnight. However, it's a safe walk. There will be other pedestrians and lots of street traffic even at that late hour.
chrisl137 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Blumie
I’d be comfortable walking
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Even at midnight you will have quite a few people walking at least as far as LAXit. Continuing on the sidewalk from there, Sepulveda and Century (where the HR) is only a couple of minutes and you will usually have some flight crew and other travelers dragging rollers that direction too.
Originally Posted by dlaue
It's an ugly, noisy walk even at midnight. However, it's a safe walk. There will be other pedestrians and lots of street traffic even at that late hour.
Originally Posted by econ
Have done this walk multiple times over the past several months arriving post-midnight on the late SFO-LAX flight with no problems.

As mentioned, the route via LAXit and beyond will have more airport travelers. I usually go through the memorial (if exiting airport at T7) since it's quicker but I've occasionally seen people "overnighting" in the grassy area near there. Didn't feel unsafe though.
Thank you! Wonderful information. And yes the last SFO-LAX UA flight is what I will be coming in on (oddly there are two that get in after midnight this Saturday)
jerry a. laska and econ like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dlaue
11pm to 12:30 (and probably later) is a busy time of night. There's always a mix of pax, airport workers, and flight crews out on foot at Sepulveda and Century headed out of the airport. The shuttle could take 40 minutes if you get on at T1 to ride out of the airport to the hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.