LAX Covid testing

Old Nov 4, 2020, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG LT Gold, HHonors Silver
LAX Covid testing

I read that Covid-19 testing was supposed to start at LAX on November 1. Does anyone know if it did, in fact, start then? Has anyone gotten tested there? If so, which terminal is the testing center in?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 10:48 am
Original Poster

I'm assuming by the lack of response that the LAX testing center has not gone live yet. Does anyone have any information as to when the starting date will be?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 11:25 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
The only thing that I can find is "coming soon," and that's from late September and early October.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Unfortunately not. "It is unclear when [the testing containers] will be open for the public" seems to be current state of affairs until further notice.
There's nothing about the covid testing facilities on airport or LAWA websites either.
I have no idea where LH (who offer tests for passengers) sends their customers to.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by linire
I read that Covid-19 testing was supposed to start at LAX on November 1. Does anyone know if it did, in fact, start then? Has anyone gotten tested there? If so, which terminal is the testing center in?
As of today there are 3 different testing sites in operation at LAX:
Guests at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) now have access to COVID-19 testing though a pilot sample collection program. Collection sites can be found at:
  • Tom Bradley International Terminal on the Upper/Departures level at the counters located in Aisle C, along the north side of the terminal;
  • Terminal 2 Lower/Arrivals Level near the information booth; and
  • Terminal 6 Lower/Arrivals Level near the information booth.
Clarity Lab Solutions will offer FDA-approved COVID-19 tests using a standard Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) nasal swab test and provide results directly to participants within 24 hours and provided by email. The COVID-19 tests will cost $150 each and are available to anyone. Testing services will be offered seven days a week from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. on a walk-up basis. Clarity Lab Solutions is certified by the State of Hawaii to provide COVID-19 test results in accordance with the state's travel restrictions.
https://www.flylax.com/travelsafely#CovidTest
Old Nov 18, 2020, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Fabulous! Thanks Jerry!
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:46 pm

When I was in LA last week I saw a drive-up/walk-up test site in the parking lot opposite the LAX-it lot (next to the Hyatt Regency). This would be about a 10 minute walk from terminal 2 arrivals.

It was for tests run by Equaltox labs, test results 'in < 48 hours'. The PCR test was $100, antibody test was $50.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 12:14 pm

I did the test at the Nsight test center set up in the Sheraton Gateway, which is 15 minute walk from terminal 2.

The RT-PCR test was $175, discounted to $100 for hotel guests. Results are the same day, my sample was taken at 2pm and I got the results via email at midnight.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BeachRat posted in the Hawaii forum that he used the Clarity testing at LAX last night 9DEC at 530pm and received the results back today 10DEC at 1pm; the lab is in downtown LA as the onsite lab at LAX is not up and running yet. See the post here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32877663-post236.html
BeachRat likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone-my December LAX trip ended up getting cancelled but I have additional trips booked in January and February so this info. will come in handy.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I got a covid test at LAX (TBIT) tonight. I pulled into the garage at 5:45pm and was out by 6:05pm (so figure about 15 minutes of that was waiting in line, registering, and being tested, and the other five minutes parking and walking to the terminal).

Note that although no appointment is necessary, you will save time if you register on their website (www.laxlabtest.com), book an appointment, and pay ($125). If you don't do that in advance, that's the first thing they'll have you do when you get there. I had registered in advance, but had not booked an appointment. So when I got there, I had to log in, book an appointment (it didn't matter for what time), and pay online. Then I checked in at the counter and waited for my turn to be tested.

I'll report back on how long it takes to get my results, but I was told 24-36 hours.

Oh, and for those who, like me, have no idea what it costs to park at LAX, the 20 minutes cost me $5. I was expecting to pay a lot more!
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blumie
I got a covid test at LAX (TBIT) tonight. I pulled into the garage at 5:45pm and was out by 6:05pm (so figure about 15 minutes of that was waiting in line, registering, and being tested, and the other five minutes parking and walking to the terminal).

Note that although no appointment is necessary, you will save time if you register on their website (www.laxlabtest.com), book an appointment, and pay ($125). If you don't do that in advance, that's the first thing they'll have you do when you get there. I had registered in advance, but had not booked an appointment. So when I got there, I had to log in, book an appointment (it didn't matter for what time), and pay online. Then I checked in at the counter and waited for my turn to be tested.

I'll report back on how long it takes to get my results, but I was told 24-36 hours.

Oh, and for those who, like me, have no idea what it costs to park at LAX, the 20 minutes cost me $5. I was expecting to pay a lot more!
I guess if you book an appointment in advance if might be possible to be in and out within 15 minutes, which is free; the first hour is $5.
Blumie likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Blumie
Got the results back (negative!) in just under 24 hours.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
LAX Testing Locations

LAX has COVID testing locations at Terminals 3, 6 and International. Are any of these testing sites outdoors?
Old Dec 27, 2020, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by siankaan1
LAX has COVID testing locations at Terminals 3, 6 and International. Are any of these testing sites outdoors?
2 not 3 and all are inside - tbit was at eva checkin counter, t6 at arrivals info desk, not sure where t2..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.