Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Covid testing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by siankaan1
LAX has COVID testing locations at Terminals 3, 6 and International. Are any of these testing sites outdoors?
No.
Also see:
https://www.flylax.com/travelsafely#CovidTest
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:11 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
LAX begins rapid coronavirus testing for travelers
Fliers who pre-book an appointment at the recently built lab, located across from Terminal 6, will receive results in three to five hours. The lab, located in a shipping container, is processing about 250 to 300 rapid tests a day, with plans to ramp up to 1,000 tests daily.

Additional testing sites are at Terminal 2 and Tom Bradley International Terminal, which will provide results in 24 hours.

The tests, known as PCR tests, are administered with a nasal swab. Each costs $125, and results are provided electronically. Appointments are strongly encouraged for all three sites, but rapid testing appointments are filling up particularly fast, Erbacci said.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Whoo hoo! Bring more folks into the terminal complex day(s) before and again for their flights instead of having room to allow for distancing and limit crowding in the core complex before they have to be at the airport.

Smart.

David
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by DELee
Whoo hoo! Bring more folks into the terminal complex day(s) before and again for their flights instead of having room to allow for distancing and limit crowding in the core complex before they have to be at the airport.

Smart.

David
When I was tested last month at TBIT, the testing was set up at a few airline checkin counters close to the front of the terminal and away from the checkin counters that actually were in use. I was not in physical proximity to anyone not involved in the testing. It did seem pretty smart to me.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Blumie
When I was tested last month at TBIT, the testing was set up at a few airline checkin counters close to the front of the terminal and away from the checkin counters that actually were in use. I was not in physical proximity to anyone not involved in the testing. It did seem pretty smart to me.
Understood - unless the test results are provided while you wait, queuing to get tested and waiting for test results would be easier to held outside the terminal complex altogether to allow for distancing, surges, walk-ins, staying in a car, getting tested and then leaving to get your results electronically, etc. _before_ going to TBIT or any of the other terminals.

David
Old Apr 1, 2021, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Excellent experience with the (across from) T6 lab this morning.
I had booked 7:30a-8:00a and arrived at 7:15a. Once the 7:00am appointments were processing, I had mine around 7:25am.
Got the results back in under 4 hours.

jerry a. laska and ExpatExp like this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 9:26 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
LAX Launches COVID-19 PCR Testing Sites With Results In Less Than 1 Hour
The one-hour PCR tests cost $199 and can be found at the Tom Bradley International Terminal and at ticket counters C01-C05 on the Upper/Departures Level.

They will be available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day.

Travelers can also get the $80 nasal-swab antigen tests from 9 a.m. to noon daily at Terminal 6 and Tom Bradley International Terminal, with results ready in 30-60 minutes.

The airport also offers $125 PCR tests at the Tom Bradley International Terminal and Terminal 2, with results ready in three to five hours.

Appointments can be scheduled here.
TH310 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA, CO
Any more recent experiences with testing at LAX? My flight leaves Aug 18 at 10:25 am (first to MIA, then to LIM) and all I need is the antigen test. The LAX website says that the site across from terminal 6 opens at 7 am and that the antigen test takes less than 1 hour. I'm trying today (16th) desperately to get the test done in my neighborhood, but there are either no appointments left, or only the PCR is done and there is no way they can give me results by the 17th. (The 18th I leave home before 6:30 am...)
Old Aug 16, 2021, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Rufo4506
Any more recent experiences with testing at LAX? My flight leaves Aug 18 at 10:25 am (first to MIA, then to LIM) and all I need is the antigen test. The LAX website says that the site across from terminal 6 opens at 7 am and that the antigen test takes less than 1 hour. I'm trying today (16th) desperately to get the test done in my neighborhood, but there are either no appointments left, or only the PCR is done and there is no way they can give me results by the 17th. (The 18th I leave home before 6:30 am...)
Clarity Mobile Labs at LAX has been excellent. While you note that Terminal 6 testing opens at 7 am, that is only for the PCR tests, with a 1 hr test for $199. The antigen 1 hr tests ($80) at Terminal 6 are not available until 9 am on any given day, so while theoretically doable, it’s cutting it close. The obvious alternative would be to take a fairly quick walk over to TBIT, where the 1 hr antigen test is available starting at 7 am.
Rufo4506 and SFO777 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, CO
Thank you BR! I have a reservation at the TBIT location for tomorrow 7:00-7:30. I prepaid too.
BeachRat likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:23 pm

Go to CVS/Walgreens, results in 10 minutes and insurance or the State of CA pays for it.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by mxracer95
Go to CVS/Walgreens, results in 10 minutes and insurance or the State of CA pays for it.
This comment has some merit, but FYI there are a significant number of caveats.

1) Walgreens does not offer the antigen test (BinaxNow) in CA. The lab PCR test is readily available, with locations near LAX, but is typically close to 3 days for the result.
2) CVS does offer a rapid result (antigen) test in LA, but at a limited number of locations (none nearby to LAX) and you must typically book several days in advance. The lab PCR test is far more readily available, but is typically 3+- days for the result.
freefalcon and miserly1 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Can anyone who got an LAX COVID test confirm if the test results show it was RT-PCR on it? TIA
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by seigex
Can anyone who got an LAX COVID test confirm if the test results show it was RT-PCR on it? TIA
Yes, if you get a PCR test at the LAX Clarity test facilities, results will say RT-PCR and then SARS-COV-2.
Plus Clarity provides a QR code which some countries require.
seigex likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
awesome thanks for the quick response SFO777. I have a test in at CVS for my flight Friday morning, which shows RT-PCR on it, but want LAX as a backup just in case I don't get it in time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.