Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Lanes @ LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Lanes @ LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:42 am

Clear was definitely a bit of a joke during most of the pandemic for every airport I used it in, but I do like having it just the same. When flying out of TBIT a couple weeks ago, there were only 4 people in the Pre line, so we didn't bother with callling the Clear agent over. Sure enough, a couple people walking behind us came up to the Clear line and managed to skip past us.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:48 pm

TSA Precheck at LAX Tom Bradley - how fast is it lately?

Just wanted to know how fast (or slow) TSA Precheck line at Tom Bradley International at LAX is these days now that travel is coming back. What have people's experiences been in the past few months or even this month?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been using CLEAR+Pre at TBIT for the past several months since CLEAR in T4 is closed and it's only cutting me in front of a few people in line, so I suspect even regular pre is still pretty quick. Passenger volume at TBIT+west gates is still less than 70% of what it was in 2019.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
On April 1,2022, the precheck line at TBIT was extremely slow. Even the air crews were upset with the line. Our "kids" did not have precheck and they cleared security faster than we did. I am assuming this was an isolated problem, but don't really know.
This was a stark contrast to the precheck line in terminal 1, where there is almost never any significant delay,.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by chrisl137
I've been using CLEAR+Pre at TBIT for the past several months since CLEAR in T4 is closed and it's only cutting me in front of a few people in line, so I suspect even regular pre is still pretty quick. Passenger volume at TBIT+west gates is still less than 70% of what it was in 2019.
That's disappointing, when did this happen? I made it through a few months ago and used T4 clear, always my go to when I'm flying out of TBIT.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by seigex
That's disappointing, when did this happen? I made it through a few months ago and used T4 clear, always my go to when I'm flying out of TBIT.
See LAX: T4 - Security in centre of terminal closed
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by angetenar
missed that, thanks
Old Jun 18, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by dlaue
On April 1,2022, the precheck line at TBIT was extremely slow. Even the air crews were upset with the line. Our "kids" did not have precheck and they cleared security faster than we did. I am assuming this was an isolated problem, but don't really know.
As another data point, on Saturday morning, June 11th, there was zero wait at TBIT Pre-Check. (The wait in the regular TBIT security lines was 10-15 minutes.)
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
It took me 5 minutes to clear the PreCheck security line in T5 Friday morning at about 9:30 am.

Here is what the building where the security checkpoints were located to the left (east) of the concourse. It's been demolished.

seigex likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
It took me 5 minutes to clear the PreCheck security line in T5 Friday morning at about 9:30 am.

Here is what the building where the security checkpoints were located to the left (east) of the concourse. It's been demolished.
Thanks for the pics. That makes it hard to use I suppose. Looks like TBIT has clear, is it available at the PreCheck lane?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like TBIT has clear, is it available at the PreCheck lane?
Sorry, I don't know. I cleared security in T5 the last three times that I had flights departing from T4. Short lines and it's only a 3-4 minutes walk in the tunnel between the terminals.

For those who are not familiar with LAX, the above photo was taken from the Admirals Club. T5 is on the other side of the alley.
seigex likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
For those who are not familiar with LAX, the above photo was taken from the Admirals Club. T5 is on the other side of the alley.
And here is a photo of the demolished headhouse from the other direction. This photo was included in today's LAX monthly construction highlights email.

"Demolition is wrapping up at the eastern half of the Terminal 4 headhouse as part of a $1.62-billion project to modernize the 60-year-old facility."
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the pics. That makes it hard to use I suppose. Looks like TBIT has clear, is it available at the PreCheck lane?
Responding a little late to this, but yes.

With the T4 CLEAR closure I've been using TBIT CLEAR+precheck when I fly AA.
seigex likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by chrisl137
Responding a little late to this, but yes.

With the T4 CLEAR closure I've been using TBIT CLEAR+precheck when I fly AA.
Thanks for the report. I ended up doing ONT-SEA-NRT-BKK, but it'll come in handy soon. Interestingly ONT has clear now. So instead of 10 seconds to get through security, it's only 5 seconds now.
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: Chase, United
Question LAX T6 -- PreCheck?

Using Terminal 6 to depart AC, business class, to YVR. Have global entry. Is there a tsa pre security line? Any advice about finding it if so? Any advice about how early I should show for a midday Thursday flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.