Wiki Posts
Search

CLEAR Expedited Airport Security at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
CLEAR Expedited Airport Security at LAX

And now we will! Yay for us, to have CLEAR at almost all the terminals at LAX!!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
And now we will! Yay for us, to have CLEAR at almost all the terminals at LAX!!
Is there a forum here dedicated to Clear at LAX, detailing how it works and where to go?

I have 6 upcoming flights out of LAX and I'm very interested in a CLEAR subscription, but first trying to discover if it's as simple as it seems. Does it save THAT much hassle than my current TSA-precheck?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Is there a forum here dedicated to Clear at LAX, detailing how it works and where to go?

I have 6 upcoming flights out of LAX and I'm very interested in a CLEAR subscription, but first trying to discover if it's as simple as it seems. Does it save THAT much hassle than my current TSA-precheck?
CLEAR's locations at LAX are discussed in the The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value) in the Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers forum starting approximately here:
Originally Posted by Zorak
Just received a marketing email from them updating that to say T2, T3, T4, T6, and T7 open, T1/T5 coming soon.
The open locations at LAX are also listed in the wikipost in that thread.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884

The open locations at LAX are also listed in the wikipost in that thread.
Thanks, TWA. Exactly what I was looking for.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:39 am

Have a question about using Clear in LAX.

We we are flying out of TBIT, that does not have Clear. But T4 does. I assume we can check-in at TBIT and walk to T4 using Clear to get through TSA faster.

Anyone have any experience using Clear at T4 LAX?

Thanks
Dave
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: UA1MM, *G,HA Premier Club, Hyatt Disc, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTPlat, ClubCarlson Gold, IHG PlatAmb
Red face

Hey Dave, I can attest that last month I went through T4 security to get to the TBIT. There's a tutorial website that shows you how to get from T4 (post security) to the lounge areas in TBIT (and subsequently the Int'l gates).
https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....nal-connector/

No questions asked by TSA, in fact they told me it's a smart insider tip to go thru T4 when TBIT is slammed. I did see Clear there but since I'm not a member, I didn't use it. There is a Pre-Check line as well, but I was flying on a non-Pre-Check certified airline and had to go thru the slow lane (but it worked out nevertheless).

Even faster, if you have no luggage to check, check in online (for your Int'l flight) and print a boarding pass at home (or mobile) and walk straight to T4. I did stop by TBIT to pick up a real boarding pass since my printer at home was broken.

Travel safe!

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Have a question about using Clear in LAX.

We we are flying out of TBIT, that does not have Clear. But T4 does. I assume we can check-in at TBIT and walk to T4 using Clear to get through TSA faster.

Anyone have any experience using Clear at T4 LAX?

Thanks
Dave
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Yes, you can.
Traveler Dave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.