Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable Motels in Hollywood/LAX area

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:38 pm
JBD

Originally Posted by DaileyB
Just made a reservation for the Chariot Inn in Burbank. Close to Hollywood and LAX. Unfortunately, also close to the Rose Bowl -- Forgot about the game. First 4 nights are $120 per night. Last two are $170 per night because of Rose Bowl.
I had scanned some airbnbs for your dates and found the one linked below that has a total price of $919 for checking in Dec 26 and out on Jan 1.

Now that I see it seems you're paying that amount for a motel room ($120x4 + $170x2 + tax) you might want to check this out. (I thought it was good because it has a "Superhost" and good reviews, the location is good for your purposes and while there aren't 3 beds provided it will give you more space than one motel room:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2041422...-01&s=6qqhA6zr
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:59 pm
JBD

Here's another airbnb, this one has more reviews and a better cancellation policy. But it has just one queen bed and a sleeper sofa:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9087514...-01&s=yFVpuFz2

That other airbnb has you right in the "tourist" area. But this one has you in a residential, more upscale area in the hills, but still very well located if you'll be checking out Beverly Hills, The Grove, Hollywood proper, and the valley for the studio tours or Universal City.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Clean motels in the Hollywood/LAX area? I recall being a little kid asking my parents why certain motels had signs advertising rates by the hour or three hours. I don't recall getting an honest answer.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:53 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Clean motels in the Hollywood/LAX area? I recall being a little kid asking my parents why certain motels had signs advertising rates by the hour or three hours.
Those are mostly gone. The motel referenced here is right in the heart of "Health Square", where Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Kaiser Permanente Hospital and Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center are located.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by TWA884
Those are mostly gone. The motel referenced here is right in the heart of "Health Square", where Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Kaiser Permanente Hospital and Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center are located.
And, let's not forget The Church of Scientology.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by jaymar01
And, let's not forget The Church of Scientology.
Which is located in the former Cedars of Lebanon Hospital building.
Note: Cedars of Lebanon Hospital vacated its 1930's era complex after it merged with Mt. Sinai Hospital in 1976. A new hospital, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, was built adjacent to the original Mt. Sinai Hospital site near Beverly Hills. CS is now the largest private nonprofit hospital in the Western United States.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

DavidDTW Thanks for the Travelodge suggestion. ($114 per night) It appears to be closer to attractions than Chariot Inn and is a little cheaper. For being an economy motel, it got comparatively good reviews.

JBD: Thanks for the wonderful BNB suggestions. However, for now I prefer the motels because it is easy to cancel the reservations. If somehow my children are having a great time in SLO/Monterey and change their mind about LA, this gives me more flexibility. (I would be out the airplane tickets I intend to buy, but would save more by not having to pay for a motel) I also want to be fair to BNB owners and don't want to book with them if there is some chance of cancellation. Right now I am 90-95% sure that I will go to LA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.