Search

WSJ article about the cost of running LAX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
WSJ article about the cost of running LAX

Great article. And yes, I have a vested interest, as my husband is the LA Controller!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/follow-t...lax-1458757784
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:52 pm

deleted

Last edited by CrazyInteg; Mar 25, 2016 at 12:18 pm
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
This is really really interesting. I am one of those nerds who would dig through the bills to see what a landing costs or something like that. thank you for posting.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Unfortunately, you have to log in to the WSJ site to read this article. My moderation note is above.

From the body of the WSJ article, I loved this, and indulged a lovely fantasy: "What if I had an INK card to pay THAT phone bill?"

“The scale of the airport’s operation is often overlooked when considering the cost,’’ says Ms. Castles, the airport spokeswoman.

To keep things running smoothly at LAX, the airport agency bought $1,322 worth of WD-40 lubricant. The total tab at Home Depot was $417,811 for the year. The airport police department bought $271,719 worth of body armor, handcuffs, boots, pants and other supplies. Total AT&T bill in 2015: $3.4 million.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.