Wiki Posts
Search

Accommodation suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF
Accommodation suggestions

I have a 3 night stay in LA coming up in a few weeks. I’m looking at a trip to Hollywood and Anaheim, so I’m thinking of a hotel near Union Station so I can use the metro rail. (I went to Hollywood last year and stayed in a hostel there, but I had a hard drive crash a few months ago and lost all my photos )
I have a morning flight out after the 3rd night, so was thinking of moving to an LAX hotel for the last night.

Thus far, everything I’ve found is out of my price range or too far away.

Looking for somewhere with:
Wifi (free preferred)
Reasonable walking distance to Union Station (walked Westin Bonaventure-LACC a number of times in July without issue)
Upto ~150AUD/night

Any suggestions?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:30 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
You are more likely to get recommendations if you were to state your target price in US$.

In case you are unaware, the Metro Red and Purple lines terminus is at Union Station; If you are willing to transfer, that may open additional options for you.

Have you considered Priceline or Hotwire?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by TWA884
You are more likely to get recommendations if you were to state your target price in US$.
Current exchange rate is around 1AUD-0.70USD.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
So you are looking for a hotel in LA for about USD100/night? You might just want to go to the Motel 6 website and find the closest hotels near your preferred locations.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Union Station next to Chinatown is not very interesting, and there are a bunch of homeless people who have migrated to the bridge (across the 101 fwy) connecting Union to DTLA.

I think you will enjoy staying in Downtown LA more, somewhere near a metro station like Pershing Square, 7th/Metro, or Little Tokyo. Do take care to avoid skid row.

You can take the Metrolink commuter rail (which is not the Metro) from Union to Anaheim but service is pretty much limited to commute times. Then you can take Anaheim Resort Transport from the new fancy underused Anaheim Metrolink commuter rail station to Disneyland or the Convention Center.

If you are going anywhere else in Anaheim I'd just rent a car or take a lyft/uber.

e: Have a look at hotwire.com or whatever for your specific dates
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are looking to go to Disneyland, the key to a good experience at DL is to get there at opening. So why not go straight to Anaheim from LAX, spend the night there, do DL, then relocate for rest of trip. It's not really goign to cost you anymore than staying in LA and doing the transit dance to get to Anaheim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.