UberX at BUR

Old May 26, 15, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
UberX at BUR

Does anyone know if BUR allows UberX pick up/drop off <redacted by moderator>? TIA.

Last edited by TWA884; May 26, 15 at 4:26 pm Reason: FT Rule 15
Old May 27, 15, 7:36 am

From other threads it sounds like drop-off is ok at all California airports, but pickup is not.

If you haven't been to BUR before, it's very tiny and there's a little strip mall on Hollywood Way off-airport that's a shorter walk than the distance from the gates to ground transport in most large airports. You can walk there in a few minutes and probably get an UberX from there (assuming it's not geofenced because it's close enough to the airport that the app can't tell). The airport is so small that when I park off-airport half a block farther than the mall, I find it faster to walk to the terminal than to wait for the shuttle, which has to wait in the traffic line.
Old May 27, 15, 4:11 pm

Pickup is ok at SNA. there is a free of around $2 I noticed. Lax should be opening up this summer.
Old May 29, 15, 4:47 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
I've been picked up at BUR. I think it was 6+ months or so ago, so things might have changed, but at least then it wasn't an issue like it is at LAX.
Old Jun 12, 15, 10:52 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat75, MR Plat, UA Silver, GE/NEXUS
I was picked up last week from the Amtrak station directly outside BUR. The driver asked me if I was at the airport, so it sounded like they're still not allowed to pickup yet but I just tried to set a pickup at BUR with UberX in the app and it seemed to allow it unlike LAX.
Old Jun 12, 15, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Thank you for your replies.

Search this Thread