LAX to Redondo Beach by public transportation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX to Redondo Beach by public transportation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by owflyer
Why don't you just take the Green Line to Redondo? @:-)
That would actually be the Marine/Redondo Station, which is about 5 miles from the Redondo Beach Pier.

Anyway, the OP has already returned and figured it out.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

The person I visited lives on the beach. The bus took me 2 blocks from her building. The green line wasn't near her.

Originally Posted by cascade
You are pretty much SOL when it comes to public trans in LA. Like others have said, your best bet is a taxi. Will run you about $20. It's LA buddy, even connecting through multiple city buses you aren't going to get anywhere for the $1.50 you want to spend.
For Redondo Beach from LAX, the bus is SO EASY. One definitely isn't SOL taking the bus. For $1.50, why not?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:00 pm

Public transportation does work here in LA. I guess the only iffy would be the sometimes shady characters you get to ride with on the bus.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Public transportation does work here in LA. I guess the only iffy would be the sometimes shady characters you get to ride with on the bus.
Shady? You don't like the locals who take the bus? Are you a bus commuter who has been a victim of a crime on the bus?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Analise
Shady? You don't like the locals who take the bus? Are you a bus commuter who has been a victim of a crime on the bus?
I do ride the bus frequently, but I'm not a commuter, and I'm not saying everyone is shady.

But there have been times when people have started yelling while I was on the bus and started bothering me. When I say "shady," I wasn't fearing for my life or anything. Some are teenagers, some are homeless, etc..., just the kind who keep trying to engage you when you want to be left alone.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cascade
You are pretty much SOL when it comes to public trans in LA. Like others have said, your best bet is a taxi. Will run you about $20. It's LA buddy, even connecting through multiple city buses you aren't going to get anywhere for the $1.50 you want to spend.
$20 from LAX to Redondo??? Maybe 20 years ago. Isn't it at least $2.50 just to get out of the airport cause of the surcharge. Maybe the very outskirts of North Redondo but the OP wanted to go to the Pier. $30 minimum. plus tip.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
I do ride the bus frequently, but I'm not a commuter, and I'm not saying everyone is shady.

But there have been times when people have started yelling while I was on the bus and started bothering me. When I say "shady," I wasn't fearing for my life or anything. Some are teenagers, some are homeless, etc..., just the kind who keep trying to engage you when you want to be left alone.
I don't think there's any more of those folks on LA buses than in other cities. I used to take the Blue Line to work everyday and there were plenty of "shady" characters but plenty of commuters in business attire as well.

I think the difference is that LA tends to have less of the "non-shady" folks on the bus than in other cities so, relatively speaking, the proportion of "shady" characters seems higher.

It's awesome when people embrace public transportation in LA
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by OskiBear
I don't think there's any more of those folks on LA buses than in other cities. I used to take the Blue Line to work everyday and there were plenty of "shady" characters but plenty of commuters in business attire as well.

I think the difference is that LA tends to have less of the "non-shady" folks on the bus than in other cities so, relatively speaking, the proportion of "shady" characters seems higher.

Yeah. I agree with you on the commuters and that most folks are decent. I have taken the bus to work before, but it required a lot of changes because it's out of the way, and there were no "shady" characters on that one. Nowadays, I'm usually on the 3 on the Big Blue on non-commuter hours.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I had to serve 4 weeks of jury duty earlier this year. The trial was at Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center in downtown Los Angeles, California. Once I realized I was in it for the long haul, I quickly decided that there was no way I was going to fight traffic on 110 for a month and took the county up on their offer of a free Metro pass. Fighting that traffic every morning would have been uncivilized and stupid, particularly when the Gold line runs so close to my house.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:08 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by iapetus
I had to serve 4 weeks of jury duty earlier this
A bit off topic... what transpired that you "had to serve 4 weeks"?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by Craig6z
A bit off topic... what transpired that you "had to serve 4 weeks"?
I was put on a jury for a murder trial. Part of the reason it went so long is that we got several days off because of conflicts on the parts of the judges and attorneys.

Seems to me that one should earn one year of jury duty ineligibility for every week of jury duty served. Not having to go through that for another four years sounds about right to me.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:16 pm

You've (or as "New Yorkers" say it: "You'se") gotta be kidding me!

Unless Analise's idea of a fun time is to visit the Costco in Hawthorne CA for pizza that is very unlike what she can find at any typical Ray's in her home town, it's pretty much a boring area otherwise.

There is a reason why many Angelinos like to call the Metro Green Line "The Line that goes from nowhere to nowhere".

As for my opinion of public transportation, there's no better way for me to hop on the Green line at Douglas St station and exit at the Red Line's Hollywood/Vine stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.