LAX Rentals - Need Assistance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Rentals - Need Assistance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
Am I the only one that thinks " 11 pieces of luggage" for 4 people, even with 2 under ten years old, is a tad excessive?

It's summer in So Cal my man, time to downsize.

HP
Old Jul 4, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by HighPotter
Am I the only one that thinks " 11 pieces of luggage" for 4 people, even with 2 under ten years old, is a tad excessive?

HP
YUP! That's crazy!

We're a family of four, with a 1 year old and a 6 year old, currently on a two week Southern California Trip. We have in total:
-2 Pieces of Max Luggage
-1 Booster Seat
-1 Car Seat
-1 Stroller

and that is it. Full change of clothes for almost all of our days, diapers, snacks, beach towels, toys. We are efficient.

What you describe = amateur Travelers and those drive me nuts!!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HighPotter

HP
Originally Posted by morphius909
YUP! That's crazy!

We're a family of four, with a 1 year old and a 6 year old, currently on a two week Southern California Trip. We have in total:
-2 Pieces of Max Luggage
-1 Booster Seat
-1 Car Seat
-1 Stroller

and that is it. Full change of clothes for almost all of our days, diapers, snacks, beach towels, toys. We are efficient.

What you describe = amateur Travelers and those drive me nuts!!
I agree with you both.. but try telling this to my wife.. and for that matter, my brother's wife..

Two words.. pack rats.. bring everything and use hardly nothing..

If it was me travelling alone.. I would buy suitcases at the destination and bring back the max allowable export items..

Wives.. gotta love em.. or I guess no choice but to leave em..
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:16 am

I just came back from a trip to Hawaii. On the Alamo rental shuttle bus, there were tons of people with multiple heavy suitcases. And the poor lady bus driver had to carry them on and off the bus. I still don't understand how people can travel with so much stuff, especially when going to Hawaii where the weather is hot and you don't really need much clothing, not heavy ones anyway. One family of four, parents and two kids about six to eight, had seven large suitcases!!!
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:30 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I agree with you both.. but try telling this to my wife.. and for that matter, my brother's wife..

Two words.. pack rats.. bring everything and use hardly nothing..

If it was me travelling alone.. I would buy suitcases at the destination and bring back the max allowable export items..

Wives.. gotta love em.. or I guess no choice but to leave em..
Just got back home this evening...even with 2 suitcases, 1 stroller, car seat/booster seat and a new roller carry on (22" Tumi!! hehe) I was exhausted....

How people take so much luggage just baffles me.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by morphius909
Just got back home this evening...even with 2 suitcases, 1 stroller, car seat/booster seat and a new roller carry on (22" Tumi!! hehe) I was exhausted....

How people take so much luggage just baffles me.
Its going to be a ring a ding dong dandy..

Flying out in the morning.. and the usual.. pull the all nighter.. and shove everything into the 3 check in luggages last second..

2 car seats.. diaper bag, purse, computer bag, and 3 suit case carry ons..

Looking forward to the Riviera Maya.. especially with this YYC rainy weather we've been having.. then over to LAX where I'll be reporting back on the AutoSlash minivan rental.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Its going to be a ring a ding dong dandy..

Flying out in the morning.. and the usual.. pull the all nighter.. and shove everything into the 3 check in luggages last second..

2 car seats.. diaper bag, purse, computer bag, and 3 suit case carry ons..

Looking forward to the Riviera Maya.. especially with this YYC rainy weather we've been having.. then over to LAX where I'll be reporting back on the AutoSlash minivan rental.
have Fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.