Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Rentals - Need Assistance

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Completed the reservation.. I chose Hertz.. but at this point it doesn't matter

I've PMed AutoSlash with the reservation # and information..

Thanks for the helping hand
Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Happy to help. No need to PM me as what we're doing for you is the same as we'd do for anyone. Our standard practice is to drop our client's rates as low as possible. I just did some pre-checking in terms of what sort of discounts should be available for your rental.

If for some reason you don't see the rate drop as expected within 24 hours, then please do PM me your AutoSlash Trip ID and I'll follow-up.
Glad to know that your service is available..

Will be doing the same for our Trip to Hawaii next year.. run it through you guys.. and see what will happen..

The LAX rental I booked is over 2K

I assume that I just logon to AutoSlash and plunk the Trip ID # in to see how the rates are doing..

Always learning something on FlyerTalk.. I greatly appreciate this community!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I just want to thank Auto Slash..

Got a van rental pretty much the same price as the Avis off site rental.. directly on LAX^

This will make a world of difference travelling with my family..

So yes, the van rental worked out to be $681.07 approximately @ LAX..

Thanks Auto Slash.. I'll use you again for my upcoming Spring Break 2012 Hawaii Trip.. We're thinking of visiting three islands on that hop.. so will definitely need the assistance and service that AutoSlash provides.^
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:11 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro

Got a van rental pretty much the same price as the Avis off site rental.. directly on LAX^

This will make a world of difference travelling with my family..

So yes, the van rental worked out to be $681.07 approximately @ LAX..

Thanks Auto Slash.. I'll use you again for my upcoming Spring Break 2012 Hawaii Trip.. We're thinking of visiting three islands on that hop.. so will definitely need the assistance and service that AutoSlash provides.^
Our pleasure Ancien Maestro. I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip. Happy to make things a bit easier on you.

I also want to point out that the cool thing about using AutoSlash is that if rates on your rental drop, we'll automatically re-book you at the lower rate. That's pretty unlikely given that the regular rate on your rental is over $2K right now, but I guess anything is possible.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:51 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

Good for you

But once again, there is really no "on" here. The ride to the "on" [sic] airport facility is about the same distance as the "off" airport facility.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Good for you

But once again, there is really no "on" here. The ride to the "on" [sic] airport facility is about the same distance as the "off" airport facility.
Thanks.. We've done LAX years ago and did the shuttle..

The main thing is getting everyone and everything to the rental place.. and the drop off on the main departure..

I'm definitely open to off airport facilities.. so shall consider lengthening stays.. i.e. HIX Shuttle, staying at hotel, walking to car rental place..

That option makes alot of sense even with a family.. Just the early morning dropoff convenience.. I can drop family at the terminal.. return vehicle and ride the shuttle back.. a great way of going about it..
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Take a cab to the Avis off-airport at 5560 W. Manchester (Avis location QL9)

Reserve online using AWD A0748000

Total for a Dodge Caravan Minivan $608.21
Just saved over $100 (without even using the code, I have one) by doing this.

And I am dropping it off at the airport the night we leave, no problems.

THANKS!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:17 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
You're welcome
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Our pleasure Ancien Maestro. I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip. Happy to make things a bit easier on you.

I also want to point out that the cool thing about using AutoSlash is that if rates on your rental drop, we'll automatically re-book you at the lower rate. That's pretty unlikely given that the regular rate on your rental is over $2K right now, but I guess anything is possible.
Great Process: AutoSlash.

Booked Hertz and already this morning it's 95 dollars cheaper. Now it's on Par with what I have with National.

Going to wait and see who wins out!

Thanks Autoslash for the opportunity!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by morphius909
Great Process: AutoSlash.

Booked Hertz and already this morning it's 95 dollars cheaper. Now it's on Par with what I have with National.

Going to wait and see who wins out!

Thanks Autoslash for the opportunity!
Cool!

Generally Hertz is overpriced compared to other car companies.. but for them to be involved with AutoSalsh means that they are able to retain their share of the business by offering low rates..

Curious.. What category vehicle did you book?..

Plus.. a bonus if you have Amex Platinum with Hertz Gold #1 membership
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Cool!

Generally Hertz is overpriced compared to other car companies.. but for them to be involved with AutoSalsh means that they are able to retain their share of the business by offering low rates..

Curious.. What category vehicle did you book?..

Plus.. a bonus if you have Amex Platinum with Hertz Gold #1 membership
Intermediate SUV.

Yes I generally Drive Hertz (Fed Govt Worker here in Canada so we get Free Hertz Gold #1 Membership, and Aeroplan Points and Govt Rates) but I do find them more $$ even with Discounts.

Autoslash was able to beat Nationals Rate by 20 bucks by lowering Hertz by 95 or so.

so now I gotta wonder which is better service (i.e. In/Out the fastest with least hassle, considering I'll have two kids in tow!)
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Intermediate SUV.

Yes I generally Drive Hertz (Fed Govt Worker here in Canada so we get Free Hertz Gold #1 Membership, and Aeroplan Points and Govt Rates) but I do find them more $$ even with Discounts.

Autoslash was able to beat Nationals Rate by 20 bucks by lowering Hertz by 95 or so.

so now I gotta wonder which is better service (i.e. In/Out the fastest with least hassle, considering I'll have two kids in tow!)
I think Hertz has better quality vehicles?

With Hertz Gold #1.. you're on the board and the vehicle will be ready..

Generally if you're getting the best price with Hertz.. it will be a no brainer..

With our having two kids.. we like the minivan to pile the luggage in no problem..
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:02 am

I think Hertz has better quality vehicles?

With Hertz Gold #1.. you're on the board and the vehicle will be ready..

Generally if you're getting the best price with Hertz.. it will be a no brainer..

With our having two kids.. we like the minivan to pile the luggage in no problem..
JUST got another email from Autoslash...another 100 bucks off!!

So that's 190 dollars off in two days. At this rate they'll be giving ME money
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

JUST got another email from Autoslash...another 100 bucks off!!

So that's 190 dollars off in two days. At this rate they'll be giving ME money
Like the Energizer Bunny..

It keeps on going and going and going..

Until you pick up your rental..
Old Jul 3, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Ancien Maestro, I hate to see you and your family inconvenienced and have to pay more for your rental than you need to. I took the liberty of checking rates on your rental with AutoSlash. I found that we should be able to get your rate under $700 for your preferred dates/times for a minivan at LAX.

Go ahead and book with AutoSlash at the regular rate (which is quite a bit higher). As per our standard procedure, within 24 hours we'll work to apply coupons and/or discount codes to your rental, and we'll automatically lower your rate. You can change or cancel at any time, so not much downside to going with this approach.

Hope this helps!
Booked through Autoslash today for a rental at SFO. Had previously booked at $608 for 10 days. Initial Autoslash rate was $587, so minor savings.

Received email this evening dropping the rate by $109.

I am now a believer!

Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.