Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Any changes in Taca award booking procedure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2004, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

When I made arrangements last November for JFK-EZE for my sister I called Taca directly and then processed the award ticket through Globalpass. However, when I did that they said the procedure was going to change so that all new award reservations would go through them directly. Has anyone had any recent experience with this?
Old Feb 16, 2004, 6:52 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I inquired on the phone last month regarding a TACA booking and was told to either make the reservation and then call Globalpass or have Globalpass staff do it. It didn't matter which way you did it.

------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
Old Feb 17, 2004, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks MA,

Actually I'm now able to answer my own question. I made a direct booking today with Taca, as per usual. It's much easier that way especially when flights aren't available on particular days. I have to say the Taca representative was terrific at looking for possibilities on different days.

If anyone's curious, I'm flying MIA-RTB on the nonstop Sunday flight. Does anyone have any advice on decent, not too expensive places to stay on Roatan? I've never been there, but hear nice things. I'd appreciate any lodging, food or activity suggestions.

I'm there for 4 nights, then have to find my way to San Pedro Sula. The reason is that award seats on Islena through Taca are somewhat limited. It's not a big, big deal as the flights are pretty cheap (~$60 one way). I was considering taking the ferry to La Ceiba and then the bus. Just for some local flavor. From SAP I'm flying through SAL to LAX. So, basically it shows that open-leg, open-jaw cities are available. Globalpass had no issues with it.

Also, put in a request for a KLM ticket from the US to Dubai. I'm not in the least hopeful, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

[This message has been edited by tfjim (edited Feb 17, 2004).]
Old Dec 29, 2004, 2:28 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
I just made an award booking for two tickets to Trinidad via Caracas on Taca and Aeropostal from Canada.

Taca allowed me to book directly with them but Aeropostal would not. I emailed GlobalPass and gave them my Taca Reference number and they proceeded to book the Aeropostal tickets for me and combined the tickets.

Overall, the service was fast, efficient and a good experience. No hassles.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 4:34 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I just effortlessly booked a trip to Panama City for a weekend. Now I only have a balance of 100 miles in my Globalpass Account
Old Feb 4, 2005, 8:13 pm
rdg

I was trying to book an open jaw MEX-LIM and the CUZ-MEX, but the Taca representative said they could only book straight round trips. Do you guys know if the open jaw policy has changed? I've got the MEX-LIM roundtrip reserved and will try talking directly to GP to see if they can book the open jaw.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rdg
I was trying to book an open jaw MEX-LIM and the CUZ-MEX, but the Taca representative said they could only book straight round trips. Do you guys know if the open jaw policy has changed? I've got the MEX-LIM roundtrip reserved and will try talking directly to GP to see if they can book the open jaw.
This sounds fishy to me. I've booked numerous odd combinations including open jaw as well as open return with TACA reps and had no problem at all. Did you try calling back to get a different rep?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.