FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any changes in Taca award booking procedure
Old Feb 17, 2004, 3:59 pm
tfjim

Thanks MA,

Actually I'm now able to answer my own question. I made a direct booking today with Taca, as per usual. It's much easier that way especially when flights aren't available on particular days. I have to say the Taca representative was terrific at looking for possibilities on different days.

If anyone's curious, I'm flying MIA-RTB on the nonstop Sunday flight. Does anyone have any advice on decent, not too expensive places to stay on Roatan? I've never been there, but hear nice things. I'd appreciate any lodging, food or activity suggestions.

I'm there for 4 nights, then have to find my way to San Pedro Sula. The reason is that award seats on Islena through Taca are somewhat limited. It's not a big, big deal as the flights are pretty cheap (~$60 one way). I was considering taking the ferry to La Ceiba and then the bus. Just for some local flavor. From SAP I'm flying through SAL to LAX. So, basically it shows that open-leg, open-jaw cities are available. Globalpass had no issues with it.

Also, put in a request for a KLM ticket from the US to Dubai. I'm not in the least hopeful, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

[This message has been edited by tfjim (edited Feb 17, 2004).]