For Delivery within 20 days
of ticket request after 21 days
of ticket request
Domestic $50 $15
International $75 $25
* Effective March 31st, 2003
Old Mar 26, 2003, 6:01 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
After 3 years and 680,000 miles transferred to Hilton, I finally decided I would like to get an airline ticket. I can't figure out how to go about it. There is nothing on the GlobalPass site that I can find about how to order a ticket. I called today and let the phone ring and go through automated messages for 20 minutes until I was disconnected.

I guess I'll just keep transferring my miles to Hilton.

But still, I would like to know how to request a ticket if anyone knows the procedure.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Just keep calling them they usually seem very easy to work with.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:51 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
For Globapass airlines - make the booking direct and then call GP with ref number.

For KLM - Fax in request.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 1:02 pm
Original Member

What Davistev said.

For our upcoming trip to Costa Rica, we contacted Grupo Taca for the award seats on the Lacsa flights to and from Costa Rica. Told Taca we would be using Globalpass awards. Got them reserved. Got the record locator.

Then wrote to Globalpass with the record locator, asking them to e-mail me with the fees to book the tickets. They e-mailed what the fees would be, I sent them my credit card information, they booked the tickets and sent them to me by Federal Express.

4 Clase Ejecutiva tickets to San Jose delivered a few days later.

Have never been able to get any KLM tickets, so can't comment on that procedure.

Djlawman
Old Mar 28, 2003, 9:55 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Did milesrus just say that there is a $15 fee for domestic tkts (available only on Spirit now...?) ordered outside of 21 days and $25 for international?
Old Mar 31, 2003, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

It appears all tickets regardless of how far in advance they are requested are subject to a fee.
Old Apr 4, 2003, 5:22 am

So now I have to not only pay the extra taxes, but now an additional $25 just to receive my tickets?!? Sent a few minutes ago:

Dear GlobalPass,

I am very upset to see that you are now charging delivery fees on all reward tickets, even those requested more than 21 days before departure. I don't know of any other frequent flyer program in America that levies these kinds of charges on every single reward ticket.

People earn frequent flyer miles to earn free tickets. In fact, when I joined LatinPass in 2000, my membership guide said something to the effect of "welcome to a new world of free travel". So now instead of just paying for the extra taxes on the "free" reward ticket, every ticket will now have a minimum of $15 added on. For what reason? What's the cost of postage stamp in the U.S. these days? I've requested free reward tickets from GlobalPass in the past through the mail and was very satisfied with the service.

I believe you should reconsider this new fee structure and allow for at least one method for your customers to receive their tickets, free of charge. Why do you think people collect frequent flyer miles in the first place? To get plane tickets that they would have otherwise had to purchase. But now GlobalPass customers will be forced to pay for their reward tickets, too! Why?

Better yet, why bother dealing with old-fashioned paper tickets in any case? It's the twenty-first century, after all. You should be giving customers the option of using electronic tickets, instead of charging them to receive their well-earned reward tickets.

Sincerely,

freeflyer
Old Apr 4, 2003, 6:50 am
Original Member

I think the operative phrase in your letter to Globalpass is "well-earned reward tickets." As someone who "earned" his GP miles through the ridiculously remunerative LP Million Mile challenge, the phrase "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" comes to mind.

I don't know how you earned your miles. If you have earned them through butt in the seat miles, then I would agree with your beef. but as someone who has gotten way way more value in return for his LP cavort through a few Latin American countries for a couple of days, I am not upset about paying a small fee, if it keeps GP from folding or otherwise preventing me from using the remainder of my "easily-earned" miles. Just my perspective.

Gladly paid my fees for the 4 business class tickets to Costa Rica we are using in a couple of weeks to go on vacation. Latest internet check shows them at @ $1000 each. So, $4000 of tickets, I had to pay some small fees. (I certainly don't expect them to eat the security fees, etc, that they have to pay, so all we are talking about iis the issuance/delivery fee.) No big deal.

Djlawman
Old Apr 9, 2003, 3:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Djlawman:
I think the operative phrase in your letter to Globalpass is "well-earned reward tickets."...

I don't know how you earned your miles. If you have earned them through butt in the seat miles, then I would agree with your beef. but as someone who has gotten way way more value in return for his LP cavort through a few Latin American countries for a couple of days
</font>
I've held off posting a reply to this, but I want to respond to what you said as you seem to be implying that my miles were not "well-earned" and that I don't really deserve them.

First, unlike you who flew over two days on an apparent mileage run, I'd rather say that I participated in the promotion by visiting three countries over two weeks, flying six of the airlines and also renting a car and staying at a hotel partner. For that, I earned the 500k bonus miles that were being offered.

Another reason I sent the email was that I feel one should express their feelings about changes that negatively affect members of frequent flyer programs. Only by writing in will the program get a sample of the opinion that's out there. Not just people like me who earned this bonus, but also ordinary GlobalPass members, many of whom will be less than thrilled when they learn of these new delivery fees.
Old Apr 9, 2003, 7:43 am
Original Member

Freeflyer--while I don't disagree with the general nature of your complaint (that there are now some fees, where there once were none), my point was that rather than letting your dissatisfaction with the fees stop you from redeeming awards, you ought to pay the fees now and get your money's worth out of this program. The financial status of all airlines is precarious, LP/GlobalPass has been transferred from the airlines' ownership to a separately-run Booth operation, and we all have no idea of the state of its finances.

However, I think we all should know, from the failure of TWA, bankruptcy and pull-out of US Air, Bankruptcy of National, withdrawal of transfer to Marriott, and numerous other changes, that the real value of these miles sitting there is also precarious.

So, as I said, I was glad to pay the minimal fees to get some value out of some of our remaining miles. If my fees help them stay in business just long enough for me to get value out of the remaining miles we have, I will be happy. But nevertheless, I have gotten so much value out of these miles that the fees are, to my mind, no big deal.

As to how they were earned, I think we all agree that these bonus miles were "easily earned." That's why this created so much publicity, and why they had to close the promotion. It was just too darn easy to earn these miles. And, while you took a few trips to get your 500,000 bonus (whereas I took one), you didn't fly 500,000 miles to get your 500,000 miles, so my advice is still to pay the fees, and use the miles as quickly as you can. They may not be there, or may not be usable tomorrow.

Djlawman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.