Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million mile awards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2000, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
I agree with the Dutchman. Say it the way you think. Others can disagree. LP has put up unnecessary barriers and delays in their processing, not to mention broken promises (i.e call back next week and we will have your miles posted). Those that have been waiting 5 + months and miles not yet posted (when they sent in original documentation) is reason enough for some to be upset.

I only hope they improve in handling reservations for those using awards.
Old Dec 16, 2000, 8:18 pm

I stand by my original quote! Qubec you said you mailed in your boarding passes and one baggae claim. Why should we have to do that anyway. It amazes me, we give them our frequent flyer number to the ticket counter and then again the boarding agent After giving my number 2-3 per flight they still don't post. WHY is it they always find a way to charge our credit cards for the airplane ticket. I think until they post the miles I shouln't have had to pay them.
Old Dec 17, 2000, 6:40 pm

Well milesrus

In that case you're not sticking to your original quote which was

"My bet is not one single person of the 800 doing runs got their promotion without
some calling,faxing and emailing." I responded to what you wrote. If you want to change that well that's fine but what you originally posted is not true in my case. So I am that one single person who got the points without calling,faxing and emailing.
Old Dec 18, 2000, 8:18 am

3544 Quebec I believe you had said you did mail them your boarding passes. To me that means had you not mailed them you would have not gotten your miles? My point is that should not be required. None theless I have called,emailed, faxed and still six months later no miles. What stinks here is they have a 15,000 mile promotion going on here and I have some time off and would love to use my miles but I am a train without my locomotive. Six months is long enough. They have all my data they should at least give me the first 500,000 so I can start using them. They should have posted them as 100,000 then another 400,000 and then another 500,000 instead of saying all or nothing.
Bobby
Old Dec 18, 2000, 6:24 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
My wife called LP today for the first time today to see if her million posted and yes it did. She also never bothered them with faxes, calls etcetera. In fact she only called because I asked her to do so - put simply, she just does not care!!!! She travels so much that the last thing she needs is more opportunities to travel.

Then again, since taking the run, we post all of our travel on LP because we believe in supporting any organisation that is willing to invest in new customers the way they have invested in us.

For a while we used our Delta card for Alamo rentals and our Canadian Plus card for Thrifty rentals, Avis to Air Canada but most do not post. However every thrifty and Avis rental has posted to LP. Our PriorityClub and Marriott rewards still have LP as our preferred Air Carrier and we plan to keep it that way.

LatinPass is a conglomeration of smaller airlines that we are willing to support as we are tired of the big guys who gloss everything up, but in reality we see few tanglible benefits. Maybe the rumour about GlobalPass coming to fruition will be true. A conglomeration of smaller independent quality airlines is a conglomeration that is desperately needed in this market.

David & Michele Stevenson
Old Dec 18, 2000, 9:23 pm

Today they say I am only lacking the TWA portion,where have they been since July when I sent this in!
Old Dec 19, 2000, 11:24 pm

Programs: UAL, Hawaiian, Hilton, AMEX
Originally posted by tfjim:
Canadian, I would have to say that you do have too high expectations. My experience has been the same as quebec's. I have made two phone calls since I submitted my information (Aug 1, 2000), one to make sure it got there (it did), and one a few weeks ago to see if everything is clearing alright. Finally, one call recently to find out I had my miles. No haggling, no worries. They seem to be concerned about the miles and seem to be working on getting credit where it is due.

I really don't think that quebec or others are the exception at all. I'm still somewhat bothered by your repetitive complaints about the lack of service, where all I see is a lack of patience on your part. If you only knew some of the gyrations I've gone through with the likes of Cathay Pacific, American or British Airways it would make the Latinpass experience pale in comparison.
I have been polite and so has my wife, She did get her Million but they said mine was delayed because of a thrifty car rental. On 10-20-00 I told them I would like to book a ticket but my miles had not been posted. Jessie said I had enough in my account from actual flying to book a ticket which I did. Upon returning jessie told me the board had decided to penalize me 500K of my bonus because I used my account before the miles posted. What a bunch of bunk. I'm glad you got your miles but right now latin pass is playing games with us so don't be so quick to judge whats being complained about here.

Old Dec 22, 2000, 9:22 am

Yesterday I get a letter saying they need originals I have send them everything I have copies originals boarding passes. I am getting a headache with them. As you know LatinPass has a 15,000 miles per ticket well I can't use it because they won't post my miles.
Old Dec 22, 2000, 11:07 am

Yesterday my two children and I were presented an early Christmas present from Latin Pass and we each had our 500,000-mile bonuses post to our respective Latin Pass accounts. Unfortunately my wife was not as lucky as the rest of us, her bonus is still not processed, and it appears it may be a while longer. I have read the other posting on these Latin Pass boards and I empathize with those who still wait for their bonus to post. We did learn a few things about how to manipulate the maze constructed by LP along the way. For those of you who have still wait for the bonus to post, this may help..

Although my family traveled together through Latin and South America the initial posting of the Member airline flights was rather sporadic. You would think that traveling together, checking in together, and having made the reservations together, that the flights would post the same. This was not the case! Latin Pass to their credit seemed to be able make the necessary adjustments for these flight segments and have them post correctly in a timely fashion.

The biggest obstacle we had to having our bonus post was the partner activity. We discovered speaking with each partner directly about missing credits was a much better approach than letting Latin Pass do the talking for us with the partners. Thrifty Car rental customer service division did an outstanding job of clearing up a rental in Costa Rica. A missing Avis rental; was discharged expediantly by Avis.

We were all plagued by missing flight segments for flights we took in April on TWA. Even after sending the original boarding passes and receipts LP asked for additional documentation. Eventually we had to speak directly with TWA customer service and they made certain the flight segments did post to our LP accounts.

We did find the customer service reps from Latin Pass were generally very friendly and understood our frustration. Unfortunately none of them seemed to be able to help much with the partner activity. In the last two months the LP reps have repeatedly told us that the only problem with all our accounts was the missing TWA flight segments. We knew for a fact that TWA sent these miles over a month ago, but they continued to insist it was a problem.

Yesterday LP told my wife she had a missing hotel stay and this is why her bonus did not post. This was the very first mention of a missing hotel stay! I would point out that LP has had the original documentation about this stay for six months. We have checked with Hilton (the missing Hotel) and they insist that they sent the miles. Hilton said today, they will send the miles again and we can only hope my wifes bonus will post soon.

What we learned is if you are missing partner activity, car rental, hotel, or airline: contact the partner directly about posting the activity to your LP account. Try to be as understanding with the LP reps as possible, remember that they are not the people responsible for policy. Demonstrate patience and you may have success.

I completely understand the frustration of people who have yet to receive the bonuses they deserve. It is very difficult to not utilize the tempting 15,000-mile awards while you wait. One of my children wanted to use his miles for a trip during the semester break at his college, which is right now. He pestered LP weekly about his award. His bonus posted the same day as the rest of us, so the squeaky wheel may not get all the lubricant.

Always keep the goal in mind, the object is to get LP to post the bonus to your account. Do not lose site of the goal. Do not get angry, it is just wasted energy, utilize that energy to accomplish the goal. Good luck to all of you and I will post here when my wife gets her bonus.
Old Dec 22, 2000, 8:13 pm

Cy Gone.

Same thing they did with my wifes car rental receipt. loose it 6 months after you send it in, and then claim they never got it!
Old Dec 26, 2000, 8:10 pm

Today Latin Pass said they would post January 2 guaranteed. I asked to do a Marriott request they said no as I did not have the points. I said if your posting Tuesday then just lend me the 30,000 before the Marriott deal ends they said no.
Also the Miami offices are closing in Miami as GlobalPass is headquarted in London.
Old Dec 28, 2000, 4:25 pm

I have been waiting for quite some time for a Thrifty rental to post in order to complete the 500K requirements.

The Thrifty did post today, but Ailen told me that she still has to call Thrifty and Holiday Inn to verify the number of days at each. Wild. My pointing out that LP has the original documentation showing the actual number of days did not help. On the bright side, she promised to call both tomorrow. Almost there...... (My travelling companion is another story.)

Incidentally, all of my LP member airline flights posted immediately upon completion in May, as did Holiday Inn. I have been waiting for US Airways, Avis (1 day), and Thrifty (2 days) for all this time.

Would anyone have a copy of the LP partner travel request form? The copy I requested never made it through via fax from LP today, and I'd like to prepare the requests tonight.

Does anyone know of a good contact at KLM Amsterdam who might be able to shed some light on LP award availability in advance of LP?

Thanks very much in advance for your help, and thanks to all of you to providing this "lurker" with advice, entertainment, and even a laugh or two. A friend of mine and I had one hell of a time on our LP run (including a diversion to a military airstrip on my flight down to Peru, having drinks in five different countries in one day, and hiring a taxi to "catch up" with the already departed Cuzco-Macchu Picchu train early one morning).

Drop me a line if you're ever in HVN!

Old Dec 30, 2000, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Eli Flyer you've got mail!
Old Jan 1, 2001, 1:45 pm

Location: Memphis, TN USA UA 1K, NW Platinum, AA Gold, Starwood Platinum, HHonors Gold
What a saga. I feel so sorry for all of you. BTW, what happens if LatinPass goes bust? How much $$ did you have to spend to get these 1 million LatinPass Miles?
Old Jan 2, 2001, 10:00 am

I went for 500K and spent around $1200 for the LP flights, $200 for US flights, plus 40K AA miles JFK-LIM. Add to that the cost of hotel nights and car rentals. Plus expenses during the trip. I'm not even going to try to value the amount of time I spent planning routes, etc. It seemed worth it at the time. It certainly has been an interesting experience thus far.

As to what happens if they go bankrupt or if the miles are further devalued (through restrictions or difficulty of redemption) to the point of being useless, good question.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.