Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

LatinPass to Continental, Air France (ACES)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2000, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K

I noticed on my recent flight on ACES that their frequent flier program includes all of the LatinPass members plus CONTINENTAL and AIR FRANCE.

This is excellent news as it expands where we could potentially redeem miles.

They include:
US Air
TWA
KLM
Latinpass member airlines
American Airlines (through Distancia)
Air France (through ACES)
Continental Airlines (through ACES)

Diversify those LatinPass miles to Latinpass member FF plans. Some to Distancia, ACES, Hiltonhonors, a little to Avianca Plus (terrible airline) and of course to LatinPass.

[This message has been edited by davistev (edited 06-25-2000).]
Old Jun 25, 2000, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Since I cant read Spanish it is difficult to tell whether one can redeem miles or only earn miles on Continental and Air France from their ACES account.

So a quick cruise over to the Air France site does indeed confirm that at least Air France Frequence Plus members can redeem miles on ACES flights. This being said, I think it is safe to say that ACES members could certainly redeem on Air France.

However, the Continental Airlines site only mentions that members can earn miles on each others flights. BUT it does not say whether on can redeem or not redeem. Does any body know?

[This message has been edited by davistev (edited 06-25-2000).]
Old Jun 25, 2000, 2:49 pm

This is getting catchy! In order to reddem miles they have to be in a program. In order to use these miles you would have to know can you go from Latin Pass to Aces program. I don't think you can hop around program, per your idea. The reason being is that there is money transfering here everytime miles are given or used to another program. Good ideas presenting themselves here. I know you can transfer Latin Pass to Distancia and Hilton, but you cannot dump them in TWA or USAIR, because if you could I would dump them into USAIR so that I could use them on American or just in case United buys them I would have United miles good on Delta and another 15 or so Airlines. Big Difference between using miles on a airline or dumping them into a program.

[This message has been edited by milesrus (edited 06-25-2000).]
Old Jun 25, 2000, 3:13 pm
Original Member

I have a member guide for the Aces frequent flyer program and you can definitely redeem miles for award tickets on CO and AF.
Old Jun 25, 2000, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Milerus: you can transfer Latinpass miles to the FFP of any MEMBER airline (as distinct from partner airline, suc as TWA, USAir or KLM). In so far as ACES is a member airline of LP, you should be able to transfer to its programme.
Old Jun 26, 2000, 9:33 am

Nick:
I don't think your right, because if you can transfer miles to USAIR then why would I go to Distancia and then American. Also American excepts awards from USAIR> If I go to USAIR and there bought out I now have 1 million USAIR/UNITED instead of Latin Pass. The way the rules read you can redeem miles from LatinPass to use on USAIR that is not the same as dumping the miles into their program. Your thoughts?
Old Jun 26, 2000, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Milerus: I agree that you cannot transfer miles to US Air from Latinpass but that is because US Air is a PARTNER airline of Latinpass, not a MEMBER airline. Aces, on the other hand, is a member airline. I think that the only exception to transferability to member airlines FFP is COPA; but that is because COPA does not have its own FFP (apart from generic Latinpass) and instead rides on the Continental FFP.
Old Jun 26, 2000, 10:00 am
BSL

milesrus,

I tbink you and nick are in agreement, the point he is making is that TWA, KLM & US are not MEMBERS but rather PARTNERS. So from LP you can REDEEM miles on TW, US & KL and TRANSFER miles to the 10 Member airlines then redeem from those partners.

Anyone know about the extent of the Aeropostal-Delta connection?

BSL
Old Jun 26, 2000, 10:48 am

Thanks, I hear you, so where does that leave us going back to American can we dump them to Distancia and use on American?
Old Jun 26, 2000, 12:12 pm
Suspended

anyone know how to sign up on the web www.aces.com was not it.
Old Jun 26, 2000, 1:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
craz: The Aces website can be found at http://www.acescolombia.com/

Click on "Viajero Frecuente" to sign up for their program online. Alternatively, you can call (800) 846-ACES.
Old Jun 27, 2000, 8:12 am

Today ACES called me and confirmed you can deposit Latin Pass miles to ACES it takes 10 days, from there you can redeem trips on Air France and Continental. I failed to ask how many miles they charge.
DON'T Forget till May 30 2001 except for DEC15-Jan15 all tickets on TWA USAIR NATIONAL are only 15,000 Roundtrip this is a fabulous deal. Instead of getting 40 tickets on the million mile run you now get 67 if you can use them up in the next 8 months.
Old Jun 27, 2000, 9:48 am

That 15,000 mile special doesn't start untill 1/15/2001
Old Jun 27, 2000, 10:00 am

According to the LatinPass site, the 15k special runs 10/1/00-12/15/00 and 01/15/01-05/30/01.
Old Jun 27, 2000, 10:09 am

You are absolutly correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.