Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

GP retracts on all TACA awards reservation not ticketed!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GP retracts on all TACA awards reservation not ticketed!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:57 am

Craz, not sure what the number should be, but all airlines charge fee's ie processing fee's. I only have two tickets left and they are to Costa Rica value is $350 per ticket so I'd pay maybe $150 those with Business maybe double that. My $100 is just a reference number. My point is we might/maybe get further if we offer something. Offering nothing demanding something per Trvl4free will get us the nothing option. Our options are limited as TACA is a foreign company. Has anybody called the US Embassy in San Salvador? This could do the most as they represent Americans interest in that country

What is happening to people who bought miles to finish a trip and received no tickets?
Old Jul 5, 2005, 8:21 am
Suspended

milesrus, I still feel what we should do is get the Media onto this and have them go after both GP & GT. Offering them anything I dont feel will get us any where at this point. And frankly I dont think I should have to offer them anything other than my miles. What they pulled is a SCAM and shouldnt be rewarded for it.

Would you feel the same way if it was CO or UA or AA etc, what if all of a sudden all your Hotel Pts were worthless and you had made a number of reservations and they gave you confirmation #s would you say Oh lets give the hotel $50 and call it even. I doubt it, I sure wouldnt. GP/GT shiuldnt get rewarded for pulling off the Scam they did and you want to reward them. I dont.

Keep in mind that GP took $$$ for people that were topping off their accts KNOWING at that time that the people wouldnt be tkted, and yet they took the $$$$. Why reward the THEIVES as you want to????
Old Jul 5, 2005, 8:40 am

Programs: United 1K
Just got off the phone with "Ladi" at GlobalPass.

When I asked her when my TACA award is being sent out she said they are working with TACA and will notify me by e-mail. Don't know if this means they are trying to resolve this for everyone or she was just trying to get me off the phone.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 9:05 am
Suspended

Unless you had your res in 2 weeks ago or more. id say youre not going to get any. Could be that they didnt get around to getting all the emails out, or missed yours by mistake.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 9:34 am

Never give in to Kidnappers ! We are all due what is prommised. If anyone here has received any tickets recently please let us know.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 9:54 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Main Entry: steal
Part of Speech: verb 1
Definition: take without ok
Synonyms: abduct, appropriate, bag, blackmail, burglarize, carry off, cheat, cozen, crib, defraud, despoil, divert, embezzle, filch, fleece, heist, hold up, housebreak, keep, Kidnap, lift, loot, misappropriate, nick, peculate, pilfer, pillage, pinch, pirate, plagiarize, plunder, poach, purloin, ransack, remove, rifle, rip off, sack, shanghai, shoplift, snitch, spirit away, stick up, strip, swindle, swipe, take, thieve, withdraw

point well taken
Old Jul 5, 2005, 10:04 am

Craz ditto give LP no more money!

I was referring to working with Taca, they don't want bad publicity for something they really aren't guilty of. It is my belief that GP had us book reservations hoping Taca would send another 10,000 or so tickets. Taca probably thought my word we just sent them several thousand. Hello Red Flags going up in Taca marketing offices. Taca probably said hey we signed on with 11 other airlines, why should we shoulder all this cost by ourselves. Had I been Taca I would have bailed when all the other airlines had.

Imagine if TWA & USair and Hilton and Marriott had stayed in the program. I would imagine that Taca's liability would have been very low. Most people would have burned through all their miles as well. With Taca being the sole survivor just got hammered. My point unless Taca gets something I doubt we will see those tickets. As for the Booths they have shown they care less about our complaints. Every change they made to the program they did with no input of our concern
Old Jul 5, 2005, 10:14 am
Suspended

miles, I have to disagree with you. All I know is that even on 6/30 Taca was making a res using GP miles and I cant believe that they didnt know that GP ran out of tkt stock and that they werent going to give them any more.
Heck GT could have simply done E-tkts as it does for itself. sorry but these 2 are in the same boat together and Im Positive that each knew what the other was up to and maybe even coordinated it together.

They both pulled off the SCAM. I understand your point about Taca being left holding the bag but then again we had to fly alot more flights on them then anyone else. so they got the bulk of our $$$ when we did the run and they were sharing the same offices as LP back then also.

sorry they should have handled it differently, Im surprised that GP actually used the tkts they had on hand rather than returning them to Taca. Then GP should have said the program is ending there are limited amounts of tkts on hand. Instaed they said we had till 6/30 to make a res, nothing about limited amount of tkts. Not that that would have changed anything much, but this is so full of deceit it aint funny, on both GP & GT part.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 10:31 am

I am one of the last people to ever defend Global Pass but when you consider the amount of warning GP gave its customers as opposed to the amount TACA gave you have to acknowledge GP as having at least some mild sense of fairness.

Not that a byline in a GP ad was much warning of advance ticketing requirements but TACA gave no notice whatsoever of its plan to leave the Global Pass program. On July 1, 2005 TACA sent out this message to Distancia members which I have posted before.

“Termination of GlobalPass agreement

Please note that as of July 1, 2005, we have terminated our agreements with the GlobalPass frequent flyer program, which includes Aeropostal
and KLM airlines and non-air partners such as hotel chains and
rental car agencies.

As a result DISTANCIA members can no longer earn miles with
GlobalPass or redeem existing miles for travel rewards with the
companies associated with that program."

TACA did not even let its members have one day notice of their intent to withdraw from the program. AT this point I am not willing to pay any extra to TACA or GP for reservations they made with me. The only compromise I may make is on Court Costs, and if I have to go to court that option will not be available to them either.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by milesrus
Craz ditto give LP no more money!

I was referring to working with Taca, they don't want bad publicity for something they really aren't guilty of. It is my belief that GP had us book reservations hoping Taca would send another 10,000 or so tickets. Taca probably thought my word we just sent them several thousand.
I think we may be overestimating the number of tickets issued in June (and those not issued in the last week or so of June). Based on the ticket numbers assigned for awards I booked, it looks like the ticket stock that GP had on hand was used sequentially. The difference between the first ticket I got on June 9 and the last one I got on June 22 was 134. And some of our awards included two tickets (e.g., my trips from SFO to Cuzco). Thus, it sounds like GP might have issued in the neighborhood of 200 award tickets in June.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Pudding Guy
I think we may be overestimating the number of tickets issued in June (and those not issued in the last week or so of June). Based on the ticket numbers assigned for awards I booked, it looks like the ticket stock that GP had on hand was used sequentially. The difference between the first ticket I got on June 9 and the last one I got on June 22 was 134. And some of our awards included two tickets (e.g., my trips from SFO to Cuzco). Thus, it sounds like GP might have issued in the neighborhood of 200 award tickets in June.
It could be even fewer if GP occasionally issues miles-for-money awards using Taca stock.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 11:29 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Who do we have here that can best write up a 'press release' type of report of our plight from 'beginning to end' for submission to the wire service.?
Old Jul 5, 2005, 11:37 am

Yesterday some family members came to my home for a 4th of July get together, I spent a lot of my time in my den (on flyertalk) avoiding my mother in law. My brother in law (also trying to hide from his mother) spent quite a bit of time with me. He is a contracts attorney and gave me some very helpful advice as to actions available to us.

1. TACA can be sued in US courts because they do business in this country and have offices in the US. If you are in Great Britain or some other country not serviced by TACA you may have no legal recourse however.
2. To form a contract three conditions must be met. An offer must be made, the offer must be accepted and payment must be received.

In our case it is very clear Global Pass was willing to accept the offer and had not changed the terms because the email they sent us specifically states the reason they could not execute the contract was lack of ticket stock. TACA has little weasel room also because they sent out an email on July1, 2005 specifically stating they were no longer participating in GP after June 30, 2005.

Certainly there was an acceptance of the Global Pass offer when we submitted our requests and agreed to the terms as specified by the GP guideline.

Now comes consideration, consideration does not have to be money, it can be any item with value, (Manhattan Island was bought for some beads if you remember). We offered GP: the miles they already had on account and told them to use our miles for awards. I sent them my credit card information and all they had to do was deduct the miles and charge my card. GP chose not to accept the consideration but that does not mean a contract does not exist. If the Indians on Manhattan chose to leave the beads on the ground a contract would still exist as long as all the terms had been met.

It was pointed out to me what Global Pass did is absolutely outrageous! when you consider the circumstance. Consider a similar scenario: You call up your broker on Jun25th and tell him you wish to sell all your stock in XYZ Corporation, ($10,000 dollars worth at that time) and he tells you he will do so. On June 28th XYZ corporation declares bankruptcy and the stock, becomes worthless, you sure are glad you sold your stock. Suppose your broker writes you on July 1st and informs you American Paper Products did not deliver his order forms, and he was unable to execute your trade, he is sorry but the good news is you still have all your worthless stock in XYZ Corporation.

Now compare that to my situation, had four confirmed orders for business class tickets to South America with a minimum value of $10,000 dollars and was told sorry no ticket stock. On June 27th 260,000 bonus miles was worth four business class tickets to South America. If you are reading these forums you know what 260,000 GP bonus points are worth today? You could not even get a stick of bubble gum with them.

To those of you who wish to make concessions, don’t count on me to be any part of that! As I dictated in my demand letters to TACA and GP I will only accept full restitution!

Last edited by cygone; Jul 5, 2005 at 11:54 am
Old Jul 5, 2005, 12:54 pm

CyGone, regardless of your tactic to collect, what odds would you say you will collect on either the tickets or the money?

Maybe with enough pressure Taca will say all those awrds booked will be credited to a distancia account and then we will use their program to use our miles.

My negative points are based on past actions. We never got relief from all their changes except the elimination of the 250,000 per year.

I put our chances at collecting at 1-6 and only because Taca is a good airline. Chance of collecting from Looser Pass is 1-10000000000

These guys have no money! No assets! Going to Court? well good luck, Exxon is still appealing some of the Valdez rulings and that has been over 15 years.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 1:11 pm

milesrus,

TACA has offices in California where I live, since the injury actually happened here I can name GP as a co-defendent even though they are based in Miami. California allows small claims suits up to 5,000 dollars. In my case our reservations come from two accounts, my wifes and mine. We can both file actions against both TACA and GP. If TACA or GP looses case I highly doubt they would appeal as an appeal would cost them more than just paying the claim. At the very least I would learn the true facts of the matter when they file the responce to court action.

In my demand letter I have offered to drop all claims if they honor the request for tickets. Remember the least expensive option is if they just issue the tickets as we all agreed. Anything less than that I am not willing to accept. This is really a matter of principal for me.

I am also willing to let Judge Judy decide the matter!

Last edited by cygone; Jul 5, 2005 at 1:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.