FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LatinPass/GlobalPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass-494/)
-   -   GP retracts on all TACA awards reservation not ticketed!!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass/448780-gp-retracts-all-taca-awards-reservation-not-ticketed.html)

cesco.g Jul 1, 2005 3:35 pm

GP retracts on all TACA awards reservation not ticketed!!!

Just got this e-mail:

"Dear GlobalPass Customer:

Due to the high volume of GlobalAwards requested during the month of June 2005, we regret to inform you we are unable to complete your recent award reservation request(s).

The award reservations were accepted by TACA Airlines Reservations Department, however, TACA Airlines has not provided and assigned the necessary ticket numbers to complete the awards.

Please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to satisfy your request.

Sincerely,

GlobalPass Customer Care Center

P.S. Your miles can continue to be used with other services and products as long as you maintain activity with GlobalPass."

:mad: :mad: :mad:

stephlac Jul 1, 2005 3:44 pm

I just got the same email. This beings Global Pass to all-time low.

How could they be telling us to fax and email our reservations to them and then not honor them?

Of course when I tried to call I couldn't get through...

satori Jul 1, 2005 3:47 pm

Same message received for my five award tickets.

craz Jul 1, 2005 3:52 pm

not surprised. Marrissa told me this morning that my email for my trips was on time yesterday and will be tkted.

I 1st read about the change (undoing) when I was overseas and didnt have any of my info I needed with me. well thats 480,000 down the tubes. I got back and had to figure out when I could get down there.

Maybe Randy can get Taca to do something.

student Jul 1, 2005 3:52 pm

Just got off the phone with Globalpass and they said nothing is being honored by TACA. When they told me i could still use the miles towards flights in the new scheme i almost lost but held it together. I spent all day Tueday and Wednesday making reservations for myself and my sister. We had about 450000 miles each left and were only able to book two after we were given notice. They suggested writing to cutomer care with our concerns but at this point i am just disgusted.

milesrus Jul 1, 2005 3:54 pm

Randy might be able to help, but remember Global Pass took away his million as they said he did not have any activity in three years. He did a car rental. Another guy that did the run with Randy and I together lost his miles as well. Just got the email myself

cesco.g Jul 1, 2005 4:02 pm

We definitely don't have to take this hands down.
Randy would be very welcome help. The press, consumer advocates, state attorney general, other legal action come to mind.
I not sure TACA wants all that negative publicity in the North American market.

NickB Jul 1, 2005 4:05 pm

Why am I not surprised? Boy, ain't I happy to have paid the expedite fee to have my tickets issued right away a couple of weeks ago.

rhinochaser Jul 1, 2005 4:41 pm

Same E-Mail Response from Customer Care

Both my wife and I just received the same e-mail messages. Does anyone have any experience dealing with Press, or know who might likely pick-up this story?

A number of us also purchased additional miles. Unless we know this is dead, we probably don't want to try to get those purchases reveresed, lest TACA backs-off and then GP says we don't have enough miles in our account!

Who picked-up the Million Mile story the first time around?

tvl4free Jul 1, 2005 4:46 pm

Time for a pow wow...

I just got my e-mail too. 500K+ in award requests were denied. I guess you guys know that I have kinda been riding Randy hard about the GP issue - to which I kinda got a whippin' recently. But that's ok... I can handle it.

Apparently Randy is doing a write up in the next issue of IF. Well, I hope that he hasn't gone to press yet - so that the rest of the story can be aired. And there WILL be more to this story... A LOT more I am sure. Can this wind up similar to the FIJI Travelocity deal? Ultimately, everyone was ticketed, including moi!

Personally, I think that this is basically a TACA issue now. If we can put some pressure on them to honor the tickets requested by June 30th, then we might be able to salvage what we have. This could be very, very bad press for TACA Airlines. Does anyone know some journalist with the MIAMI HERALD? Or in SJO and/or SAL.

I can see it now,

TACA LEAVES FREQUENT FLYERS

STRANDED!

Let's brain storm. Where do we go from here?

BOA VIAGEM Jul 1, 2005 4:55 pm

Oh Rhino, I'm p*&&#@ at them

Originally Posted by rhinochaser
Both my wife and I just received the same e-mail messages. Does anyone have any experience dealing with Press, or know who might likely pick-up this story?

A number of us also purchased additional miles. Unless we know this is dead, we probably don't want to try to get those purchases reveresed, lest TACA backs-off and then GP says we don't have enough miles in our account!

Well Rhino I did not mean to throw a stone at you the other day just friendy nudging, and honestly I wished your situation had allowed you to use some of those miles, honestly! But to answer your question & how I found out about the promo 'USA TODAY"!!! They did quite a LARGE layout even showing the routing you could use. We are all in a pickle (I'm from the south...lol)
May as well laugh as to cry. Those dirty birds.

tvl4free Jul 1, 2005 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by rhinochaser

I'm not a lawyer, but you may be in better shape than the rest of us. Did they charge your card? If so, would this constitute an agreement?

PuddingGuy would know. And would be the perfect candidate to re-interview at this point, especially if he got the letter.

Did everyone 'snap shot' the GP web deadline notice? And wasn't it interesting that the notice went out just before the 3 day weekend?

Schutzee Jul 1, 2005 5:08 pm

I got the same email. I bought 10,000 miles for $150 to have enough miles. I also will wait to dispute the charge. In the end, I think we've been royally screwed. Not surprising considering GP past actions. I will be pleasantly surprised if the reverse this decision.

How many calls would it take to tie up TACAs 800 system? Perhaps we can organize mass calling as a protest. Probably will not help, but it would help me vent my anger.

dhacker Jul 1, 2005 5:21 pm

I was featured in an AP wire story that was picked up by lot of newspapers. I was also interviewed by the BBC radio. I'll see if I can contact either reporter and see if they are interested in a follow-up.

Let's hope a little public pressure will force Taca to honor our valid award reservations AND force GP to give the proper 6 months notice for what amounts to the end of the program. If that doesn't work, perhaps the Florida Attorney General would be interested in persuing it.

BOA VIAGEM Jul 1, 2005 5:49 pm

[QUOTE=dhacker]I was featured in an AP wire story that was picked up by lot of newspapers. I was also interviewed by the BBC radio. I'll see if I can contact either reporter and see if they are interested in a follow-up.

USA Today (as mentioned above) featured it on the front page as well as 1 or 2 (can't remember) inside. Contact them.