KLM Availability

Old Aug 25, 04, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

KLM Availability

I have tried and tried to use a KLM award and no luck. From Houston they fly a 747 to Amsterdam and are adding an additional flight a 767, and then Continental is starting service to Amsterdam as well. These flights can't be that full. Any phone number to call at KLM to ask them to free something up. LatinPass does there request by email, so its easy for KLM to email back not available.
Old Aug 25, 04, 3:43 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
KLM award availabilty is rather diffficult out of IAH, and I'm talking as a KLM Flying Dutchman member. I usually have to route through ORD, SFO, LAX and sometimes JFK to get award availability. Even having the 2nd flight hasn't seemed to free up any award seats.
Old Aug 25, 04, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

MileTex do you think with Continental flying there that more seats will open up? Thanks for the help do you suggest LAX ORD or SFO. I really want to go to LOndon should I request this or just by that portion on my own?
Old Aug 26, 04, 7:07 am

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines
I think KLM has resumed service out of Atlanta to Amsterdam. This may offer a few more seats.
Old Aug 27, 04, 12:45 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Originally Posted by milesrus
MileTex do you think with Continental flying there that more seats will open up? Thanks for the help do you suggest LAX ORD or SFO. I really want to go to LOndon should I request this or just by that portion on my own?
Well CO has been flying the IAH-AMS route for a while and it still has not impacted the weak availability for KLM award flights. You can try to search for avail. award seats on www.klm.nl (change to English) and then call LatinPass for your request. Good Luck
Old Aug 28, 04, 7:58 am
Original Poster

MileTex I went to KLM.nl and the choice cities are only four in the Netherlands. I could not find the section on availibility of flights. Where and How do we do that? At least doing this is a great idea, because why ask LP for an award that is not available.
Old Aug 28, 04, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, SPG GLD, HH Diam
You'll need to enroll in KLM's freq flyer program (with an address outside of North America and Asia) and then log onto their website. then, go to award bookings to "try" to book an award seat (to see if space is avail).
Old Aug 29, 04, 7:20 am
Original Poster

I live in Dallas so I can't enroll. If anybody with this access would like to help time permitting of course, Iwould appreciate the offer. We are trying for three business tickets from anywhere in US or Canada to London. If Business is not available or coach is OK. Not all three must be in the same class. I will just use my American miles to get to the city that has KLM seats to London. The dates are three days around March 17 returning a week later. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
You'll need to enroll in KLM's freq flyer program (with an address outside of North America and Asia) and then log onto their website. then, go to award bookings to "try" to book an award seat (to see if space is avail).
Old Sep 5, 04, 10:54 am

KLM Availability

I suggest that you go to www.nwa.com and register and obtain a NWA Worldperks number if you don't already have one). Then you can register for their online service, choosing your password. Once you have logged on you can go to the right top and click on "Worldperks" and then on the left of the next screen "redeem miles". then "Award Travel Reservations" and put in your desired itinerary. Make sure to first just check for IAH-AMS and no other cities as the trick is to check "Nonstop flights only". If the dates you asked for are not available, they will then give you the option to check 3 days before or 3 days after (an option that the KLM site does not give you)...

Once you have some flights that are available with the mileage that you are looking for, then look to make sure that the flight is a KLM flight and then you can put instead of AMS any city that you actually want to use as your destination. At least then you will have something to tell to Globalpass when making your request.
Old Sep 13, 04, 5:28 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
You guys are making it waaaaay too complicated.

Go to www.nwa.com/jp

You can check award availability from the homepage with no log-in. Plus you can search forward and back 7 days at a time.
Old Sep 14, 04, 8:52 am
Original Poster

That doesn't work because it only searched flights on Northwest and not KLM. It also only let me pick coach. I want to get 2-3 Business Class seats from any US city to London on March 17 returning the 25 or 26 of March
Old Sep 15, 04, 12:25 am

It does work, but you need to work around a glitch in the website. Select "lowest fare", then input the class of service, dates, and which airlines to check. THEN click "WorldPerks award" to locate seats. Good luck getting WBC seats! To locate, you'll want to first check the various U.S. gateways
Old Sep 15, 04, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
It does work, but you need to work around a glitch in the website. Select "lowest fare", then input the class of service, dates, and which airlines to check. THEN click "WorldPerks award" to locate seats. Good luck getting WBC seats! To locate, you'll want to first check the various U.S. gateways
I have no idea how KLM sells any seats. Try any date from Houston to AMS buying a ticket and you are always routed through a Northwest Hub. Concerning your suggestions I tried. I could never find the section which airlines to check. I put in lowest fare, class of service, dates and was not given the choice of which airlines to select. I tried numerous times. Help?
Old Sep 16, 04, 1:05 pm

I could have sworn an airline selection was avail on the Japanese site -- I've been looking at CO, NW, and DL award res sites recently and I distinctly remember a drop down menu on one of those. Call NW res and ask them to search for KL flight avail. You're looking for D class seats in biz. (I'm assuming you're trying to use some LatinPass miles to travel on KL?) ATL and NYC are likely avail choices for travel from the US to AMS if IAH isn't avail. Also, ORD is usually avail.
Old Sep 17, 04, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Atlanta new route no luck I am down to SFO and LAX and ORD I will then need to spend miles to get there. I do have reservations using miles on United. I get a credit card every quarter as does my wife with no annual fee. We get 120,000 miles per year on United,with no fee's. Why doesn't everybody do this? It is beyond me. Talked to a credit friend he said tons of cards does not hurt your credit score. I have tons of cards for different deals and keep getting them.

Search this Thread