Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Availability

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:42 am
BSL

I have found that using WPAA and searching for the "cheapest" tickets will give me about 85% success rate. Here is what I do when booking on GP:

1. Conduct an extensive search on WPAA. I do IAH-AMS, ATL-AMS, MEM-AMS around the days in which I want to go. (I guess you could use NWA.com, but I like the multi-day searching of WPAA.)

2. Use the downloadable KLM timetable to create printable routings that I prefer based on WPAA availability.

3. Print the KLM timetable routings that I want and put "First Choice" "Second Choice" etc on them. and Fax them to GP

4. Call GP to make sure that they got them and that they understand the faxes.

5. Call them after 2-3 days and see what they have found.

6. Rinse, lather, repeat.

I searched for IAH-VCE earlier this year and got IAH-AMS-FCO then VCE-AMS-IAH SO I took the return, then waited a few days and had them resubmit the AMS-VCE leg to see if anything came up. When it did not, I purchased an AirOne flight on the cheap and was eventually able to talk KLM into changing the ticket to VCE at the airport (thanks to a very helpful agent, the AirOne ticket was lost, but I considered it insurance.)
GP found me 3/4 of the specific legs that I wanted, so I think all in all I am happy with them.

Now if I only knew what will happen to GP after FD-F+ syncronize.

BSL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.