Wiki Posts
Search

Global Pass award chart

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Global Pass award chart

Just noticed that GlobalPass is a Amex MR transfer partner. Was trying to figure out the mileage needed with GlobalPass for various travel rewards but I cannot find an award chart. Believe me I searched the GlobalPass site and various posts in this forum but I cannot find anything. Do they have an online award chart? Link? Has anyone had any experiences transferring Amex MR points to GlobalPass and then claiming an award ticket with a partner like KLM? Thanks in advance for all replies!
Old May 12, 2004, 4:25 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
You will need to enroll to get access to the award miles finder. Redemption of miles is generally excellent for Latin American carriers and poor (but not impossible) for KLM.
Old May 13, 2004, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Thanks for the info! Signed up and was able to see the award chart. Some of the award look rather high but I notice that flights from the US to Hawaii in First Class where cheaper than if I claimed them directly from a US based airline. (I think it was 40,000 for Globalpass vs. 60,000 if I claim with US, UA or DL miles.)

Based on what I have read, to claim an award you fill out a request form. What happens after that? Do they give you several alternatives? Does the routing put you on a Globalpass carrier or could an award from the US mainland to Hawaii end up being on one of the carriers I had mentioned before??? Anything you can tell me will be more than I can find on the website. I don't think it explains things very clearly. Thanks!
Old May 13, 2004, 12:12 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Originally Posted by christianj
The US to Hawaii in First Class is cheaper than if I claimed them directly from a US based airline. (I think it was 40,000 for Globalpass vs. 60,000 if I claim with US, UA or DL miles.)

Befoer you get your hopes up, I strongly recommend you become familiar with the route network of all GlobalPass airlines, and make your choices from there. Yes, the GP requirement to Hawaii is 40k--- but NO GLOBALPASS AIRLINES FLY TO HAWAII! TWA was a GlobalPass/LatinPass partner years ago, and did have flights to Hawaii, but they are no longer around.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 1:54 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
How does this work for intra-region awards? Eg. Almaty to Bangkok would be 45k in Business.. this can be done on KLM but involves transiting another region. Would this be calculated as one or two awards?
Old Oct 20, 2004, 8:45 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
GlobalPass awards on KLM are a bit of a mystery as far as availability goes. However, miles needed has not always been clear. I think it would be safe to assume the requirements would be two awards and hope for it to be one. As you would have to transit AMS (Europe) zone, this is a lot of miles for 40K. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Regards,

Dave from Sunny Sudan.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 1:19 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Eg. Almaty to Bangkok would be 45k in Business.. this can be done on KLM but involves transiting another region.
Well.... FWIW, NW/KLM zone coupons include Almaty in the Europe zone, so you would technically fly Europe to Asia, hence no extra zones transited.

KLM Flying Dutchman does allow travel, say, from CAI to CPT via AMS and it calculates at the intra-Africa level with Europe not factored into the calculation. I guess the best way to find out is to ask GlobalPass.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 12:32 pm

Programs: United 1K
Even though you can transfer AMEX MR you can also purchase GlobalPass miles on their website for $15.00 (no tax) per 1K miles which is very inexpensive. I just purchased 3K miles to reach a 65K award South America award.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 5:57 pm

I would advise you not to even think about getting an award on KLM via Globalpass. I tried to get a ticket from anywhere in West Africa to the US for about one year and three months and there was no availabilty for any date I picked and I tried every day I could think of. I had no requirements after a while of trying and still nothing was available from any city. I am now totally disgusted with GP for KLM travel , just as I have seen others become disgusted with them. I still think they might be okay for flying between the US and S.America but that is all !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.