Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Business class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club
LATAM Business class

Having not used LATAM before, and seen some bad reviews, I thought I'd counter that by saying my recent experience with using them to fly from London to Buenos Aires (via GRU) was pretty positive.

Hard product is very decent, It looks fairly swish and I slept well both times on these overnight flights.

Soft product was fine, the lounge at GRU is nice and modern, with great showers. On the flight the service was friendly, the wines good, reasonable IFE and ok food.

The GRU to AEP legs were in premium economy which is fairly similar to European business, bar the food and drink offering is lesser.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:54 pm

Programs: QR Plat, NZ*E, LT AA Plat, LT Bonvoy Plat + countless others
Looks like i'll be on a LATAM plane from AKL-SCL, they seems to be the only way to get to South America from New Zealand.

Does anybody have commentary on the product they use for this route?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gekko
Looks like i'll be on a LATAM plane from AKL-SCL, they seems to be the only way to get to South America from New Zealand.

Does anybody have commentary on the product they use for this route?
They use the 787-9 so there is a chance you will have the newer J product. Not all of their 787-9’s have the newer product. Some still have the old 2-2-2 configuration I believe.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA, AS, Hilton, Marriott, Delta
Mixed bag

I flew one of the new 787-9s LAX SCL 1A and it was great! Other than limited refilling of the wine glass - and I agree the wine was delicious - I was very happy with the seat, including the size of the video screen and a reasonable selection of titles. I don't watch many movies so there were a lot of things I hadn't seen.

SCL - IPC was 787-8, 2-2-2. I had the window, 3A and luckily no one sat in the asile seat so I could get up and down as I needed, but otherwise you would be stuck in there. Same nice bedding, but no lip balm or lotion in the amenities kit. Video screen is far away and small.

IPC -SCL 787 -9 (I think) 1-2-1 configuration. Was tricked into moving from 2H to 7A a to get a window seat, which was a huge mistake. The way we took off didn't really give me a good view of the island, which I had missed on arrival because of the side of the plan I was sitting on. Plus 7A is a terrible seat. I don't know if this is official but the pitch was much shorter than 1A. Unless I had the seat in landing position I was too close to the video screen. 5 hour flight and I never got comfortable. Also LATAM does not let you pre-order your meal, so by the time they got back to me in row seven my choice wasn't available. Lesson learned.

The seat map looks like my upcoming flight is the 2-2-2, but so did LAX to SCL. Not moving from my H seat this time, regardless.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by work4fun
I flew one of the new 787-9s LAX SCL 1A and it was great! Other than limited refilling of the wine glass - and I agree the wine was delicious - I was very happy with the seat, including the size of the video screen and a reasonable selection of titles. I don't watch many movies so there were a lot of things I hadn't seen.
The seat map looks like my upcoming flight is the 2-2-2, but so did LAX to SCL. Not moving from my H seat this time, regardless.
You may find that the non-US based airlines won't have a conniption fit if you use the call bell for a refill, and prefer that over a trip to the galley. Also, when flying LA solo, I don't mind the center (D/H) on the 2-2-2 config, and like it more than sliding into the MRI seats on the 767,
work4fun and Braniff like this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 5:36 pm

Just got back from a JFK-SCL-JFK trip on LATAM J. It was on a 787 with the old configuration (2x2x2). I strongly urge you to not select row 1. You'll be constantly bothered by the galley curtain opening and closing, both by the FAs and by pax going to the lavatories.

While the online seat map does not reflect this, there is a massive gap between rows 3 and 4 for the emergency exits. On the return flight, I sat in row 4 and actually really enjoyed the immense sense of spaciousness.

From JFK-SCL, we were given a duvet and pillow, whereas from SCL-JFK we also got a very comfy mattress pad. Service and meals on both flights were great. The menu mentioned snacks in the galley; I didn't want any but didn't see any either so perhaps you have to ask the FA for something extra.

Amenity kit had all the basics and is actually designed for reuse. The lounge at SCL is gorgeous: excellent food spread and showers.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 6:54 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
The lounge at SCL is gorgeous: excellent food spread and showers.
Agreed, this is definitely one of the best "business" lounges of the Americas.
Old May 4, 2024, 1:45 am

Looks like my aircraft has changed to the 2-2-2 configuration. I assume it was the newer configuration previously since it had 8 rows in business. A little disappointing given the cost of the flight, but hopefully the product is decent.

Based on the feedback above, i'll try for a middle aisle to prevent the need to climb or be climbed over!
Old May 4, 2024, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Gekko
Looks like my aircraft has changed to the 2-2-2 configuration. I assume it was the newer configuration previously since it had 8 rows in business. A little disappointing given the cost of the flight, but hopefully the product is decent.

Based on the feedback above, i'll try for a middle aisle to prevent the need to climb or be climbed over!
Agreed.
Old May 12, 2024, 5:10 pm

So due to IRROPS I ended up flying both the 1-2-1 and 2-2-2 configurations.

Summary is the 1-2-1 has a more comfortable seat and a better screen placement, the 2-2-2 is generally mediocre. I'm glad I took the center aisle, I saw a few passengers who were climbing over their seat mates on the way to the bathroom, and it didn't look enjoyable for either. Not something you want when sitting in the front!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.