Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Delta Gold Member Flying LATAM economy benifits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:32 am
Original Poster

I am a Delta Gold flying on a LATAM ecomomy basic ticket within Chile. On the Delta Website for LATAM it says "Seat Selection Fee Waiver" and "Extra Baggage Allowance" and "Lounge Access" for Delta Gold Members flying on LATAM. I put in my Delta # into the LATAM reservation and when I went to select a seat LATAM wanted to charge me.

I called LATAM and they said they would take care of it when I arrived at the airport (Not ideal) . As of now there are plently of empty seats on the flight. I have a regular carryon. Will LATAM let me have lounge access and a free carryone as a Delta Gold?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Photographerbob
I am a Delta Gold flying on a LATAM ecomomy basic ticket within Chile. On the Delta Website for LATAM it says "Seat Selection Fee Waiver" and "Extra Baggage Allowance" and "Lounge Access" for Delta Gold Members flying on LATAM. I put in my Delta # into the LATAM reservation and when I went to select a seat LATAM wanted to charge me.

I called LATAM and they said they would take care of it when I arrived at the airport (Not ideal) . As of now there are plently of empty seats on the flight. I have a regular carryon. Will LATAM let me have lounge access and a free carryone as a Delta Gold?
There are no LATAM lounges in any domestic Chile airport (including the domestic side of SCL, and the int'l side is not accessible to domestic pax).

Just curious if the website was trying to charge you for any seat, or just the preferred ones? Even as a DL Platinum, I don't get the very front of the Y cabin, unless the airport gives it to me.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
There are no LATAM lounges in any domestic Chile airport (including the domestic side of SCL, and the int'l side is not accessible to domestic pax).

Just curious if the website was trying to charge you for any seat, or just the preferred ones? Even as a DL Platinum, I don't get the very front of the Y cabin, unless the airport gives it to me.
I am DL Gold and If I book on the Delta website, all seats are up for grabs for no charge.
The DL codeshare fares tend to be a little bit higher though.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

I bought the LATAM Domestic tickets on the LATAM website. Less then $100 OW and since I am a DL Gold and put in my DL# I would get the Delta Gold/LATAM benefits automatically but not exactly. I looked at the invoice and the word Basic is in there. Will my DL Gold "Extra Baggage Allowance" work? Will I be able to use the LATAM international lounge in SCL going to Lima Cuzco? Is there a PP lounge with shower in Domestic or International? Is 3 hours 5 minutes enough time to transit from International to Domestic at SCL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.