LATAM Status Match

Old Sep 20, 22, 12:23 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Posts: 3,066
LATAM Status Match

Did anyone else get an email from Loyalty Summit about giving an elite status match to LATAM? I really don't fly them, or to SA much. But I think it could come in handy if I take a DL flight or a Skyteam flight which could be very likely as I am starting a new job in Africa that will require a lot of flying in and out of there. If they were to match me now, would it be good through next year?
NWplatinum is offline  
Old Sep 20, 22, 6:30 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,274
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Did anyone else get an email from Loyalty Summit about giving an elite status match to LATAM? I really don't fly them, or to SA much. But I think it could come in handy if I take a DL flight or a Skyteam flight which could be very likely as I am starting a new job in Africa that will require a lot of flying in and out of there. If they were to match me now, would it be good through next year?
Are you saying your current elite status with an airline (what airline do you have status now?) will expire in January, and you are hoping by status matching, Latam will give you elite status now and all next year?
Mama is offline  
Old Sep 20, 22, 8:32 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Posts: 343
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Did anyone else get an email from Loyalty Summit about giving an elite status match to LATAM? I really don't fly them, or to SA much. But I think it could come in handy if I take a DL flight or a Skyteam flight which could be very likely as I am starting a new job in Africa that will require a lot of flying in and out of there. If they were to match me now, would it be good through next year?
At least in https://latam.statusmatch.com/ the status match is until March 2023

You will only gets benefits flying Delta, not other SkyTeam airlines
NWplatinum likes this.
Semphyra is offline  
Old Sep 20, 22, 1:12 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Posts: 3,066
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
Are you saying your current elite status with an airline (what airline do you have status now?) will expire in January, and you are hoping by status matching, Latam will give you elite status now and all next year?
No. I'm saying is it worth it to match, and if they match I obviously can't requalify with them three months so how long would it be good until?
NWplatinum is offline  
Old Sep 20, 22, 1:13 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Posts: 3,066
Originally Posted by Semphyra View Post
At least in https://latam.statusmatch.com/ the status match is until March 2023

You will only gets benefits flying Delta, not other SkyTeam airlines
Only DL that changes things.
NWplatinum is offline  
Old Sep 22, 22, 11:03 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Programs: UA 1k 1mil. Marriott Titanium
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
No. I'm saying is it worth it to match, and if they match I obviously can't requalify with them three months so how long would it be good until?
https://latam.statusmatch.com/
says until 3/31/23. Need to pay $39


mentions nothing about how much spend or miles to maintain status. It also says excluding black signature. when I did the application it said I would have black with my UA 1k match.
JC1976 is offline  
Old Sep 22, 22, 11:29 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 19,076
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Did anyone else get an email from Loyalty Summit about giving an elite status match to LATAM? I really don't fly them, or to SA much. But I think it could come in handy if I take a DL flight or a Skyteam flight which could be very likely as I am starting a new job in Africa that will require a lot of flying in and out of there. If they were to match me now, would it be good through next year?
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Only DL that changes things.
LATAM is a DL ff partner, but not a Skyteam member
https://www.skyteam.com/en
https://www.wheretocredit.com/latam-airlines
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Sep 24, 22, 5:34 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,274
If the purpose of status matching to LATAM is to get upgrades on LATAM, the chance is not good. In this time and age, LATAM business class from South America to Europe or U.S. are mostly full with paying customers (based on Expertflyer). This is because LATAM business class fares are always the cheapest.

Last edited by Mama; Sep 24, 22 at 8:20 pm
Mama is offline  
Old Sep 24, 22, 9:55 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: EZE
Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,302
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
If the purpose of status matching to LATAM is to get upgrades on LATAM, the chance is not good. In this time and age, LATAM business class from South America to Europe or U.S. are mostly full with paying customers (based on Expertflyer). This is because LATAM business class fares are always the cheapes.
In regards to price ir really depends on the route. They are routinely cheap from MIA-BOG and SCL-BOG but many routings I find them to ask for a premium.
Brandinho1 is offline  
Old Sep 27, 22, 1:36 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,274
In order to status match, I need a Laram account. So I tried to create a new account, but their website failed. I tried at least 5 times on 3 different days. It's ridiculous, and we know this about Latam, besides their website not functioning when purching tickets on their site.
👎👎👎
Mama is offline  
Old Sep 29, 22, 5:24 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: EWR
Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott LTPP / Ambassador
Posts: 248
What a great find! I just went through the Status Match website, having signed up for a Latam account (no issues with the website), paid the $39 and am waiting for the result. Global Services with UA looks to be matching with Black.
LimeyFlyer is offline  
Old Yesterday, 7:56 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IND/NYC
Programs: AA EXP BA Gold SPG GLD HH GLD Hyatt GLB
Posts: 1,025
Dumb question, what benefits do I get on DL if I match to black?
saltytheseagull is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread