Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
LATAM Status Match

Did anyone else get an email from Loyalty Summit about giving an elite status match to LATAM? I really don't fly them, or to SA much. But I think it could come in handy if I take a DL flight or a Skyteam flight which could be very likely as I am starting a new job in Africa that will require a lot of flying in and out of there. If they were to match me now, would it be good through next year?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Did anyone else get an email from Loyalty Summit about giving an elite status match to LATAM? I really don't fly them, or to SA much. But I think it could come in handy if I take a DL flight or a Skyteam flight which could be very likely as I am starting a new job in Africa that will require a lot of flying in and out of there. If they were to match me now, would it be good through next year?
Are you saying your current elite status with an airline (what airline do you have status now?) will expire in January, and you are hoping by status matching, Latam will give you elite status now and all next year?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
At least in https://latam.statusmatch.com/ the status match is until March 2023

You will only gets benefits flying Delta, not other SkyTeam airlines
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mama
Are you saying your current elite status with an airline (what airline do you have status now?) will expire in January, and you are hoping by status matching, Latam will give you elite status now and all next year?
No. I'm saying is it worth it to match, and if they match I obviously can't requalify with them three months so how long would it be good until?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Semphyra
At least in https://latam.statusmatch.com/ the status match is until March 2023

You will only gets benefits flying Delta, not other SkyTeam airlines
Only DL that changes things.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1mil. Marriott Titanium
No. I'm saying is it worth it to match, and if they match I obviously can't requalify with them three months so how long would it be good until?
https://latam.statusmatch.com/
says until 3/31/23. Need to pay $39

mentions nothing about how much spend or miles to maintain status. It also says excluding black signature. when I did the application it said I would have black with my UA 1k match.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only DL that changes things.
LATAM is a DL ff partner, but not a Skyteam member
https://www.skyteam.com/en
https://www.wheretocredit.com/latam-airlines
Old Sep 24, 2022, 5:34 am
Suspended

If the purpose of status matching to LATAM is to get upgrades on LATAM, the chance is not good. In this time and age, LATAM business class from South America to Europe or U.S. are mostly full with paying customers (based on Expertflyer). This is because LATAM business class fares are always the cheapest.

Last edited by Mama; Sep 24, 2022 at 8:20 pm
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
If the purpose of status matching to LATAM is to get upgrades on LATAM, the chance is not good. In this time and age, LATAM business class from South America to Europe or U.S. are mostly full with paying customers (based on Expertflyer). This is because LATAM business class fares are always the cheapes.
In regards to price ir really depends on the route. They are routinely cheap from MIA-BOG and SCL-BOG but many routings I find them to ask for a premium.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:36 pm
Suspended

In order to status match, I need a Laram account. So I tried to create a new account, but their website failed. I tried at least 5 times on 3 different days. It's ridiculous, and we know this about Latam, besides their website not functioning when purching tickets on their site.
👎👎👎
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
What a great find! I just went through the Status Match website, having signed up for a Latam account (no issues with the website), paid the $39 and am waiting for the result. Global Services with UA looks to be matching with Black.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Dumb question, what benefits do I get on DL if I match to black?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by LimeyFlyer
What a great find! I just went through the Status Match website, having signed up for a Latam account (no issues with the website), paid the $39 and am waiting for the result. Global Services with UA looks to be matching with Black.
I'm downgrading my view a little.. it came through, and it's only to 12/31/22... less than 90 days to get there.... ugh.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 5:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LimeyFlyer
I'm downgrading my view a little.. it came through, and it's only to 12/31/22... less than 90 days to get there.... ugh.
Are you sure? Their status matching said 3/2023. If it's only good through end of 2022, this would be a total waste of my $39 and my time.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 7:14 am

Are you sure? Their status matching said 3/2023. If it's only good through end of 2022, this would be a total waste of my $39 and my time.
Hmm.. well I have til 12/31 to earn, but maybe the status would remain, however no other dates are immediately obvious in my account.
Attached Files
File Type: docx
Latam Pass.docx (108.6 KB, 9 views)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.