Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM automatic check-in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2023, 2:28 am
Original Poster

LATAM automatic check-in

Hello,

I'm little confused with the LATAM automatic check-in.

As far as I understood, LATAM will send me a boarding pass 48 hours before the LA flight. Booked directly with LATAM, I had to enter my personal data.

1. I can retrieve the reservation under the given PNR on the LATAM website, but I don't see the personal data. How can I check them?
2. The first leg is operated by another airlines as this is a codeshare filght. What about a boarding pass for the first leg? The online check-in for the first leg opens 24 hours before the flight whereas the second leg (a TATL flight operated by LATAM - LATAM metal) opens 48 hours before the flight.
So I should receive an automatic boarding pass for the flight by LATAM and manually check in for the first flight operated by Iberia Express?
All flights are on the same PNR.

Thank you.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
Yes, you will have to check-in separately for the IB leg via their website or app, even if this was booked under one PNR and on LA stock. Make sure to have the IB booking reference at hand which will be different from LA‘s code and usually has only five digits / letters.

I had the exactly same situation a couple of weeks ago (IB feeder and LA long-haul), so this information must be accurate.

Also, please be prepared to insert part of your personal information again for the LA check-in. While the process is allegedly automated, the LA software is very „forgetful“ to say the least and will reask you for details that you had registered at the moment of purchasing the ticket, just in case your birth date changed since then…
Semphyra and Dino55 like this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SenSCL
Yes, you will have to check-in separately for the IB leg via their website or app, even if this was booked under one PNR and on LA stock. Make sure to have the IB booking reference at hand which will be different from LA‘s code and usually has only five digits / letters.

I had the exactly same situation a couple of weeks ago (IB feeder and LA long-haul), so this information must be accurate.

Also, please be prepared to insert part of your personal information again for the LA check-in. While the process is allegedly automated, the LA software is very „forgetful“ to say the least and will reask you for details that you had registered at the moment of purchasing the ticket, just in case your birth date changed since then…
Well, every decade or so, my passport info changes between booking and travel time Also, to the OP, if travel involves the USA, the BP is inhibited until 24 hours prior to travel, even if the "check in" has been completed. And even if the "check in" has been completed, sometimes you need airport verification of travel docs prior to BP issuance (at least for the first segment). I suppose that LA has a heightened sense of paranoia and not wanting to be fined, given the various permutations of passports and destinations it handles on a regular basis, i.e., who needs a Visa, who needs an ESTA, etc. The last thing LA (or any airline) needs is, i.e., someone showing up for a SCL/LAX flight having input a US passport info which has since expired prior to travel, and the passenger only has a Bolivian passport in hand with no USA visa.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SenSCL

Thank you very much for your remarks. Yes, I've experienced the "short" memory of the LA software - I've booked a specific seat, the seat assignment miraculously disappeared. I had to do it again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.