Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Status Match

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by kcdude
Any new status match opportunity currently? I have few trips next month on LATAM.
Be careful what you wish for. If you have another program for which you can devote the earnings, they're better sent there. If you expect any sort of excellent treatment because of a mid-tier status, you would likely be mistaken. If a status match will provide you with lounge access and you're willing to have orphan miles in a program that changes T&C about as frequently as a parent changes a newborn's diapers, then maybe you've got a good reason for the match.

I've been flying LA for over 20 years (Lan Chile / LAN / LATAM) and it is the best program I've never joined. So grateful for my inaction.
Old May 3, 2023, 5:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

No, looking just to get seat selection and baggage allowance. Some award tickets booked with Alaska allowed seat selection and baggage and some not.
even a mixed cabin business/economy award is asking for fees to select a seat on economy segment.
Old May 3, 2023, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by kcdude
No, looking just to get seat selection and baggage allowance. Some award tickets booked with Alaska allowed seat selection and baggage and some not.
even a mixed cabin business/economy award is asking for fees to select a seat on economy segment.
Call, and you should be ok. The website is wonky, and reports are that no one has been charged baggage fees on awards. Some business award tickets also want to charge for baggage, until you get to the airport.
kcdude likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 6:37 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
status match is back via https://latam.statusmatch.com

I was matched from AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum to LATAM black. - status is valid until March 2025
Old Oct 4, 2023, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE

I was matched from AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum to LATAM black. - status is valid until March 2025
but for a cost, right?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
but for a cost, right?
yes - depending on your country:

80$ Australia, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and USA
98$ Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, and Switzerland
199$ all other countries

I think 80$ or 98$ is a fair price - in case you can make use of it.
orbitmic and eminere like this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold

How many days did it show up on your LATAM account after approval?
Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by pl840502
How many days did it show up on your LATAM account after approval?
sic days after approval like they predicted in the status match communication
pl840502 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
So putting aside the upgrades (Which may or may not materialize) is this worth $80 to match to Black status?

If I read the perks correctly, when flying DL and LATAM I would get preferred checkin, preferred boarding, lounge access for Skyteam (international?) flights, free checked bag, anything else? Preferred seats?

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
Dumb question, what benefits do I get on DL if I match to black?
Ditto
Old Oct 9, 2023, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
So putting aside the upgrades (Which may or may not materialize) is this worth $80 to match to Black status?
upgrade coupons do materialize .
Old Oct 9, 2023, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Uploaded screenshot, matched in a few hours. Impressive!

Addendum: ditto for Mrs. B, worked like a charm.

Hopefully we will get our $80x2 worth...

Last edited by Boraxo; Oct 23, 2023 at 2:58 pm
Old Oct 9, 2023, 9:36 pm
Suspended

upgrade coupons do materialize .
No, free upgrade (via coupon) is not guaranteed. I don't think you can buy a economy class ticket and apply your coupon right away to make it a confirmed business class reservation at the time of booking. Latam's upgrade coupons are very different from United's Global GPU. With United's GPU you can apply after booking economy class tickets and confirm upgrade immediately. I recall 2 years ago I was status matched to Latam black, the rule was something like you wait until X hours before departure to use your upgrade coupon, then wait to be cleared on departure day or within minutes of departure time. If all business class seats are sold or if there are higher level elite members waiting to upgrade(black is not the highest Latam status), you won't get upgraded. At the time, I decided their free upgrade that comes with the wait and uncertainty is not worth the risk for me to sit in coach class on a longhaul flight, in case upgrades are not cleared at the last minute. I'd rather buy business class ticket upfront. Latam business class price is usually a lot cheaper than its competitors on the same route, so the business class are usually sold out or almost sold out. If you do your research trying to figure out which flight has better chances of free upgrades (i.e. emptier business class during low season), you should know those flights are also cheaper to buy business class.

Last edited by AfterHour; Dec 27, 2023 at 5:02 pm
Old Oct 20, 2023, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, *G, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, SkyTeam ElitePlus, GHA Titanium
I really want to do this status match for my future JAL flying. If I book a JAL ticket through JAL and attach my LATAM Pass number, will I receive the JAL elite benefits promised on the LATAM site? If so, which lounge will I receive access to as a LATAM Pass Black? Is it JAL's normal J lounges or does the higher tier status allow access into their F lounge?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Just matched from United Platinum to LATAM Black. Received confirmation that the match had been approved after 3 hours. My status was updated on the LATAM Web page after 36 hours. Impressive speed. Will be able to use the status on my flight this week...
Boraxo likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 3:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
DL exit rows

Does LATAM platinum get free exit rows on DL flights? The website seems uninformative regarding partner benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.