Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 4:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JC1976

Got upgraded to biz class On their 777-300 which reminded me of United’s first class back in the day very spacious seat. Biz Fare was triple the economy class maybe why they don’t sell out. I would fly again regardless if I got upgraded because flying direct makes more sense than taking connections even in biz class and wasting 5+ hours.

Their lounge was pretty empty because they don’t let non passengers in. Unlike Star Alliance overcrowded lounges. Even United Polaris lounges are over crowed so this is a good thing with Latam until they become part of Skyteam most likely with their Delta link.
Good for you. November is the low season for travelers (until Thanksgiving in the U.S.), I bet the economy cabin in your flight was half empty.
If you used up your upgrade coupons this time, you will be in economy on your next longhaul flight unless you pay for business.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: UA 1k 1mil. Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mama
Good for you. November is the low season for travelers (until Thanksgiving in the U.S.), I bet the economy cabin in your flight was half empty.
If you used up your upgrade coupons this time, you will be in economy on your next longhaul flight unless you pay for business.
Thank you for all the negative posts in this thread, it’s been very insightful. Btw their Black and Signature status gets unlimited upgrade vouchers. But I won’t come back on here and bash the airline about it if I don’t get upgraded.
Semphyra likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 4:07 am
Suspended

the latam status match gets you upgrade vouchers?
Originally Posted by Semphyra
Yes. The number is according to the tier you get matched
I am glad this thread helped you.

Last edited by Mama; Nov 19, 2022 at 4:27 am
Old Nov 19, 2022, 4:23 am
Suspended

Thank you for all the negative posts in this thread, it’s been very insightful. Btw their Black and Signature status gets unlimited upgrade vouchers. But I won’t come back on here and bash the airline about it if I don’t get upgraded.
It's great that you are based in MIA, and you fly to GRU often enough to appreciate LATAM's nonstop flight.
Do you know why LATAM gives you salt+salt instead of salt+pepper? Is it a Brazilian thing?
Old Dec 18, 2022, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Semphyra
Just the normal requirements
seems like they do not give bonus qualifying points for being a certain status when flying and earn points just like non status. What a mistake that is for retaining ff. I might as well just wait for the next status match next year.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
LATAM Platinum doesn't work properly. Although I was status matched into Plat - they are forcing me to board Group 5 (last). happened on two flights already (they say that's what is printed on the boarding pass, so that's what they do). Ridiculous.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 9:16 am
Suspended

seems like they do not give bonus qualifying points for being a certain status when flying and earn points just like non status. What a mistake that is for retaining ff. I might as well just wait for the next status match next year.
You complained because you are not able to produce the qualifying miles for LATAM's Black status next year.
LATAM works the same way as many other major airlines: qualifying miles/points are different than redeemable miles/points.
You have already been status-matched, and enjoyed the benefits this year. Do you think Latam will/should give you status match again next year? I would like to know which other airlines does this -- status match year after year.
which airlines did you match status from? Do they give bonus qualifying miles the same way as bonus redeemable miles? Do they status match year after year?

Last edited by Mama; Dec 18, 2022 at 8:02 pm
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:19 am

You complained because you are not able to produce the qualifying miles for LATAM's Black status next year.
LATAM works the same way as many other major airlines: qualifying miles/points are different than redeemable miles/points.
You have already been status-matched, and enjoyed the benefits this year. Do you think Latam will/should give you status match again next year? I would like to know which other airlines does this -- status match year after year.
which airlines did you match status from? Do they give bonus qualifying miles the same way as bonus redeemable miles? Do they status match year after year?
you don’t contribute any benefit to this thread.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
LATAM Platinum doesn't work properly. Although I was status matched into Plat - they are forcing me to board Group 5 (last). happened on two flights already (they say that's what is printed on the boarding pass, so that's what they do). Ridiculous.
Same here Black status but ticket said group 4.
Also at checkin did not show in their system that I could have an extra bag. Was First on upgrade list but 1 hour before the flight said did not receive upgrade on the app. I showed the gate agent and she gave me the upgrade but the seat behind me was empty even though there were 10+ people on the list so their system seem to be full of glitches.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:19 am
Suspended

you don’t contribute any benefit to this thread.
You can't answer my simple questions.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:35 am

You can't answer my simple questions.
isn’t it obvious it’s right under my username
UA gave all elite members head starts with bonus deposit PQP for next year for the past couple of years.

Perhaps your attitude is why you have such poor luck with airlines
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:15 am
Suspended

isn’t it obvious it’s right under my username
UA gave all elite members head starts with bonus deposit PQP for next year for the past couple of years.

Perhaps your attitude is why you have such poor luck with airlines
I usually do not bother to read posters profile or their avatar, I suppose you do. We all complain, you do too, I am not sure what it has to do with "poor luck with airlines". I am a paying business class customer (as mentioned in my previous post), I don't need to rely on "good luck free" upgrades, but I understand some people do.

Last edited by Mama; Dec 20, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Old May 2, 2023, 10:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Any new status match opportunity currently? I have few trips next month on LATAM.
Old May 3, 2023, 4:18 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by kcdude
Any new status match opportunity currently? I have few trips next month on LATAM.
Did you try the link discussed previously?

https://latam.statusmatch.com/
Old May 3, 2023, 4:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Yes. When you submit it says your country is not eligible now and will notify you if it becomes available.
(for USA)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.