Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Resident only fares in Argentina?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Do LATAM still practice the sale of resident only fares in Argentina or are the price differences now only down to point of sale?

Looking at routes from Iguazu to Salta there is a massive pric difference and there seems to be no warning or mention anywhere of residence restrictions.

LATAM website seems to not be progressing to payment page after selecting credit card type and I wondered if this was a way of stopping me buying the cheaper ticket.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
I booked myself last month on the Salta-Iguazu flight and had no issues with paying with a US-based credit card on the LATAM Argentina site. I am not an Argentine resident, so we'll see what happens when we try to take the flight in January. I didn't see anything mentioned through the booking path that the fare was restricted to Argentine residents.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Same question regarding LATAM flights in Chile. I found prices on matrix are half of what I find online if the POS is Chile, and the fare rules only mention valid for sale in Chile, nothing about being a resident. Same issue with BoA domestic Bolivian flights in Bolivia...

Does anyone have tips on how to book these?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.