Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Brasil Premium Economy?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlexMC
I'm sorry to inform that the old configuration is gone all across JJ's 320 fleet by now. Flights with premium economy are on 174Y with middle seat blocked for the first three rows. The meals can be surprisingly good though.
Flew back to SCL yesterday, both flights came with the 3-3 with a so-so "middle seat blocked" configuration, they were basically economy seats without the table in the middle.

Food was good, but there was no welcome drink, as i remember from a previous PE flights on LA, neither a greeting from flight attendant.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
Any updates in this? I have a premium economy JJ operated Lim-EZE coming up
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; DL Gold; UA 2P
I have two new questions about flying premium economy within Brasil.

1) Is the carry-on weight limit 10kg or 16kg? When I read on LATAM's website:

The maximum weight is 8 kilos (17 lb) in Economy and 16 kilos (35 lb) in Premium Economy or Premium Business. Nevertheless, if you are flying to or from Brazil, the maximum weight is 10 kilos.

https://www.latam.com/en_us/travel-i...ry-on-baggage/
it would seem the correct reading would be that it is 10kg for both Economy and premium economy for domestic Brasil flights ... however, this seems odd, and I'm hoping maybe the 10kg increase is applicable to economy, without any decrease for premium economy.

2) If you show up to board with too heavy of a carry-on bag, they make you weigh it, and then force you to check it, if you have an unused checked bag allowance with your ticket, do they still charge you $35?

Anyway...just trying to figure out if booking premium economy will give me a chance to avoid checking a bag...
Old Feb 2, 2020, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bill_Luv2Fly
I have two new questions about flying premium economy within Brasil.

1) Is the carry-on weight limit 10kg or 16kg? When I read on LATAM's website:

The maximum weight is 8 kilos (17 lb) in Economy and 16 kilos (35 lb) in Premium Economy or Premium Business. Nevertheless, if you are flying to or from Brazil, the maximum weight is 10 kilos.

https://www.latam.com/en_us/travel-i...ry-on-baggage/
it would seem the correct reading would be that it is 10kg for both Economy and premium economy for domestic Brasil flights ... however, this seems odd, and I'm hoping maybe the 10kg increase is applicable to economy, without any decrease for premium economy.

2) If you show up to board with too heavy of a carry-on bag, they make you weigh it, and then force you to check it, if you have an unused checked bag allowance with your ticket, do they still charge you $35?

Anyway...just trying to figure out if booking premium economy will give me a chance to avoid checking a bag...
i can tell you I have never had them weigh my bags as I always have had a mobile boarding pass. I know there are times they bring the bag sizer box out at the gate but I have never seen a gate agent enforce it. I always have a roller board and a backpack and have never been asked to check my bags on intra Brasil or Argentina LATAM flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.