Wiki Posts
Search

MAD conection on two bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LAN COMODORO
MAD conection on two bookings

Hi guys, so my office did it again, they book me into the GRU - MAD that arrives on the 10th at 13:10 and then they took another booking to put me into the Latam MAD - FRA that departs at 15:00, so i need some uptaded help hehehe.

They did the same to me like 3 year ago, i renember that time that i start on SCL - MAD and they book my bags all the way but, they told me that you could only put the bags all the ways for about 2 more months (That was like April 2017). So i dont know if you can still do it or not?

If not, what are my chances to get that conection done in 110 minutes if not delay, for what i read on the Iberia Website you could do it on 90 minutes, but i am not sure on how, since i think i have never stop in Madrid coming from outside the Schegen zone......... Do i have to pick my bag at 4S, then pass customs, then back to 4 to check in, then emigration, then 4S or how?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
If you can't get LATAM to check your bags through to FRA then you will need to go through security and passport control at T4S, take the transit to T4, collect your bags, go through customs, exit arrivals, go upstairs to departures, check in your bags, go through security, take the transit train back to T4S, go through passport control, and go to the gate. I had a similar connection time on separate tickets and made it in time to spend a short time in the lounge before the onward flight.

Last edited by heartybob; Jan 23, 2020 at 1:02 am
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by heartybob
If you can't get LATAM to check your bags through to FRA then you will need to go through security and passport control at T4S, take the transit to T4, collect your bags, go through customs, exit arrivals, go upstairs to departures, check in your bags, go through security and passport control, and take the transit train back to T4S. I had a similar connection time on separate tickets and made it in time to spend a short time in the lounge before the onward flight.
Thanks for that, i your fly did you had checked bags?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by PABLOCO
Thanks for that, i your fly did you had checked bags?
Yes. Our actual itinerary was SAL-MAD on IB then MAD-LHR on BA on separate tickets.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Remember that you do not have a connection as you are booked on two separate tickets. If you are delayed, your onwards ticket will be cancelled. In that case, your employer will need to purchase a new ticket. Make certain that you have a good phone number for the corporate TA in case they need to handle that for you while you are at MAD.

Whether this is doable is a different question than whether it is sensible, but this is apparently your employer's approach to savings.2
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
Your bags will definitely NOT be checked through. LA is extremely strict about this. Two tickets is two tickets, even if it is a LA to LA connection. No fare, no status, no anything makes a difference here. Even third parties who would basically be ready to allow a check-through will be impeded to do so and cannot overrule the process.

To your advantage is the fact that LA‘s Europe-bound flights out of SCL and GRU usually depart on time and arrive into MAD early. Also, immigration and luggage delivery at MAD tend to be on the quicker side during the early afternoon hours. Then you just have to take the lift upstairs to Departures and head to the LA check-in for your FRA flight.

Thanks to the light traffic, you will pass security and passport control in no time and you may even have a couple of minutes left for the Sala Velázquez in Terminal 4S... at least until May 1st that is...

Not a total walk in the park, but doable.

Best of luck!
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
Double post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.