Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN/TAM announcements (routes, planes, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MfromL
This wikipost will include all the announcements related to LATAM postmerger.

Changes:
  • In April, 2016, LATAM announced new loyalty programmes.
  • LANPASS and TAM Fidelidade changed to LATAM Pass (kms based) and LATAM Fidelidade (points based), which eventually will merge into one system.
  • New categories: Black Signature (OW Emerald), Black (OW Emerald), Platinum (OW Sapphire), Gold (OW Ruby) and LATAM (no status).
  • LATAM Pass adopted a revenue-based model, introducing Elite Qualifying Dollars, following world-wide tendencies (except LATAM Colombia).

As of January 18th, 2017, the following planes have the new livery (42):
  • A319: CC-COY, CC-CPE, CC-CPO, CC-CPQ, CC-CYL, HC-CPZ, PR-MAO, PR-MYL, PT-TME
  • A320: CC-BAR, LV-BRA, LV-BRY, LV-BSJ, PR-MBS, PR-MHX, PT-TMM, PT-TMN
  • A321: CC-BEK, CC-BEL, CC-BEM, CC-BEN, CC-BEO, CC-BEP, PT-XPB
  • A350: PR-XTD, PR-XTE, PR-XTF
  • B767: CC-CML, CC-CWV, PT-MSY
  • B787: CC-BBD, CC-BBE, CC-BGA, CC-BGB, CC-BGC, CC,BGD, CC-BGE, CC-BGF, CC-BGG, CC-BGK, CC-BGL, CC-BGM

Routes changes:

2016:
  • New routes: EZE-BOG, GRU-JNB, GRU-MXP, LIM-CTG, LIM-BCN, LIM-EZE, LIM-JAE, MDZ-LIM, SCL-LAX, SCL-LPB, and SCL-MCO.
  • Increased routes: EZE-MIA, SCL-JFK, LIM-IAD, LIM-MIA, LIM-MVD, LIM-ROS, and UIO-LIM.
  • Cancelled routes: ASU-AGT, BSB-PUJ, GRU-AGT, GRU-JFK, GRU-YYZ, and all Venezuelan routes.
2017:

LATAM Argentina will transfer its SCL flights back to AEP from EZE (eff. 01/01/17). LATAM Argentina will transfer one of its GRU flights back to AEP from EZE (eff. 01/02/17). LATAM will operate up to 4 daily flights in the AEP-GRU and AEP-SCL routes.

LA4500 AEP 10:25 SCL 12:45 A320 D
LA4501 SCL 11:10 AEP 13:20 A320 D
LA4502 AEP 18:35 SCL 20:55 A320 D
LA4503 SCL 20:05 AEP 22:10 A320 D
LA4551 AEP 19:05 GRU 22:50 A320 D
LA4552 GRU 08:05 AEP 09:55 A320 D
---
Starting March, 2017, LATAM Colombia (4C), LATAM Argentina (4M), LATAM Paraguay (PZ), LATAM Peru (LP) will start flying under the IATA code LA. Number ranges will be accomodated accordingly to reflect this change.
Print Wikipost

LAN/TAM announcements (routes, planes, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by SCL767
Eff. 01/01/17 LATAM Argentina will transfer its SCL flights back to AEP from EZE:

LA4500 AEP 10:25 SCL 12:45 A320 D
LA4501 SCL 11:10 AEP 13:20 A320 D

LA4502 AEP 18:35 SCL 20:55 A320 D
LA4503 SCL 20:05 AEP 22:10 A320 D

LATAM will operate up to 5 daily flights between AEP and SCL.

Eff. 01/02/17 LATAM Argentina will transfer one of its GRU flights back to AEP from EZE:

LA4551 AEP 19:05 GRU 22:50 A320 D
LA4552 GRU 08:05 AEP 09:55 A320 D

LATAM will operate up to 4 daily flights between AEP and GRU.
That's better. Love BUE but schlepping in all the way from EZE, not so much.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by IanWorthington
That's better. Love BUE but schlepping in all the way from EZE, not so much.
Sure --AEROPARQUE is wonderfully convenient but with a 30% chance of a shutdown on any given day due to labor strikes. For that reason I ALWAYS avoid it.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by postular
Sure --AEROPARQUE is wonderfully convenient but with a 30% chance of a shutdown on any given day due to labor strikes. For that reason I ALWAYS avoid it.
Depends on what side of town. EZE without traffic is 25-30 minutes door to door from my place in San Telmo (30 kms). AEP is a minimum of 30 minutes except at rare off hours (11 kms). Taxi fare, however, is a lot lower.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Do we know how much longer TAM flights will retain the JJ code? I assume eventually they will be coded as LA.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
Originally Posted by italdesign
Do we know how much longer TAM flights will retain the JJ code? I assume eventually they will be coded as LA.
It's a long way off yet - they need to merge their booking systems first & there's been no news on that yet. Their last attempted systems merger was a disaster - the websites! Even today, a PNR issued by Latam Brasil isn't recognised by the rest of Latam(& vica versa). Using Latam Brasil's website often lands you on tam.com.br pages & Latam's other websites often land you on lan.com sites. Th Tam cargo's website now goes to an ABSA Cargo website(the name they had BEFORE they became Tam Cargo!).

So they haven't managed yet to merge their booking systems, crew, websites or frequent flyer programs. I think getting JJ flight codes onto LA is a LONG way down the list!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: LANPASS
Most of the website/system integration is pending of the booking system unification... That is a milestone that requires coordinating agendas between LAN, TAM, Sabre and Amadeus, so when any delays are found, the dates are usually moved quite a bit (6 months at a time).

The most recent scheduling for this change (current as of Feb 2017), may or may not be scheduled for Q2 2018 and it may or may not get moved again. Can't confirm nor deny to protect my sources
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by FairDinkumMate
So they haven't managed yet to merge their booking systems, crew, websites or frequent flyer programs. I think getting JJ flight codes onto LA is a LONG way down the list!
Well, they never will merge their crew, absent some likely never-to-occur change in the laws of the various LATAM countries. Behind the scenes, this will always need to be several operating companies with one banner that, theoretically, is invisible to the traveling public.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Well, they never will merge their crew, absent some likely never-to-occur change in the laws of the various LATAM countries. Behind the scenes, this will always need to be several operating companies with one banner that, theoretically, is invisible to the traveling public.
The Temer Government is talking seriously at the moment about removing the foreign ownership restrictions on Brazilian airlines. Whilst the intention is to help Gol avoid bankruptcy & Azul to get more from their IPO, the result could certainly help Latam to clean up some of the mess created by labelling Lan's takeover of Tam as a "merger", including crew issues.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Worth sharing a brief update on LATAM's A359s - four of the aircraft are being leased to Qatar Airways from the 1st March.

The first aircraft is PR-XTG which will transfer to registration A7-AMA. The aircraft is on a 1 year lease and from March 1st will operate:

QR59 DOH - MUC
QR60 MUC - DOH

The second aircraft is PR-XTF which will become A7-AMB. This is a six month lease and from April 1st it will operate

QR57 DOH - MUC
QR58 MUC - DOH

The third and fourth aircraft are TBC, but will take registrations A7-AMC and A7-AMD and will operate:

QR149 DOH - MAD and QR150 MAD - DOH from April 1st
QR151 DOH - MAD and QR152 MAD - DOH from April 15th

I'm on one of the first MUC - DOH flights so am searching for some trip reports with interest. The source for this info is here by the way. hhttp://www.aeroin.net/quatro-a350-da-latam-serao-repassados-qatar/
Old May 25, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist
Not sure if this is the correct thread, but noticed this morning, that my 7 July JJ 8095 (MIA-GRU) has been changed from a A350 to 777. Disappointed as I was excited to try the A350. Any idea if this a seasonal change? Is the 777 as nice? Thanks
Old May 25, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: LANPASS
Not sure on the reasons behind the change, as it may be because of the capacity adjustment that is making JJ retain their 777 for longer than they expected and to dry lease some of the new A350's to QR. It could be a mix of that and seasonal (but it's definitely not an operational change, given than the flight is more than a month away yet)

IME, JJ triple sevens are not as nice of a product as the A350s... the interiors are quite outdated, the IFE is rather old and you don't get the perks you'd get on an A350 (which you wouldn't get on any 777, retrofit or not) such as lower cabin altitude, bigger windows, less dryness in the air after a long flight, lower noise levels, etc.
I find the 777 is a comfortable plane to fly in though, but you'll feel you're flying 15 years ago.
Old May 25, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist
Originally Posted by jlarroulet
Not sure on the reasons behind the change, as it may be because of the capacity adjustment that is making JJ retain their 777 for longer than they expected and to dry lease some of the new A350's to QR. It could be a mix of that and seasonal (but it's definitely not an operational change, given than the flight is more than a month away yet)

IME, JJ triple sevens are not as nice of a product as the A350s... the interiors are quite outdated, the IFE is rather old and you don't get the perks you'd get on an A350 (which you wouldn't get on any 777, retrofit or not) such as lower cabin altitude, bigger windows, less dryness in the air after a long flight, lower noise levels, etc.
I find the 777 is a comfortable plane to fly in though, but you'll feel you're flying 15 years ago.
Great, thank you for the response. It makes sense. I was hoping to try the brand new A350, but since it is a day flight, the lack of lie-flat is not that big of a deal. Hopefully, it will still be pretty comfortable. Lucky enough to get the 787 upon return from SCL-JFK, so will get to experience some of the "bells and whistles" (bigger windows, lower humidity) on that one.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:22 am

Anybody know if LATAM plans to start flights to JJD? I see Azul and GOL operate flights to CGH/GRU/REC/CNF but no LATAM as of now. Planning a trip to Jeri in early January 2018 and would prefer to take LATAM to/from.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by lakersown81
Anybody know if LATAM plans to start flights to JJD? I see Azul and GOL operate flights to CGH/GRU/REC/CNF but no LATAM as of now. Planning a trip to Jeri in early January 2018 and would prefer to take LATAM to/from.
I can say without a shadow of a doubt that LATAM will not service JJD prior to your stated trip
Old Feb 11, 2018, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by mapboyPHL
Not sure if this is the correct thread, but noticed this morning, that my 7 July JJ 8095 (MIA-GRU) has been changed from a A350 to 777. Disappointed as I was excited to try the A350. Any idea if this a seasonal change? Is the 777 as nice? Thanks
There's one upside - the seat when laying down is longer on the 777. Both the JJ A350's & LA 787's have a virtually identical hard product & they are both SHORT. I'm 6'3" (191cm) & the new lay flat product on the A350 & 787-8/9 is too short to lay flat without bending my knees. This isn't a problem on JJ's older 767 & 777 fitouts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.