Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LP to serve authentic Peruvian food (finally!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others

... on Int flights

http://www.flyertalk.com/articles/la...l-flights.html
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
"Depending on passenger feedback, the authentic cuisine could become a permanent addition to LAN Peru’s menu."

LAN Peru's menu, however, will be LATAMic soon enough.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
As I´ve mentioned a few times, this has been going on for awhile now (but only in economy) from Lima to Miami and LAX. I´ve had the Aji de Gallina, Seco and Chifa, spurning the J offering to eat the tastier food served in Y.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
But I assume they will continue serving the horrible instant coffee? I'm sorry, but this just baffles me to no end.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by postular
But I assume they will continue serving the horrible instant coffee? I'm sorry, but this just baffles me to no end.
At least it is Altamayo
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
At least it is Altamayo
What, is that coffee made from high elevation Mayonnaise beans?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by david_33
As I´ve mentioned a few times, this has been going on for awhile now (but only in economy) from Lima to Miami and LAX. I´ve had the Aji de Gallina, Seco and Chifa, spurning the J offering to eat the tastier food served in Y.
And so, in typical LAN confusion, it seems completely unclear whether this is just a late announcement of what they've already been doing, or an expansion beyond the economy cabin. There is of course no mention of which cabin(s) will serve this food explained in the announcement, nor whether it's one choice of meal that includes one of those dishes per flight, or a choice between multiple authentic Peruvian food meals on each flight. Also unclear from the announcement is whether this will add to the choices, or displace other choices.

david_33, I'm confused, are you saying you're sitting in J and ordering Y food instead of J food, or that you're choosing to sit in Y because you like the Y food better and thus you're spurning sitting in J because you don't like the J food as much?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by sdsearch
david_33, I'm confused, are you saying you're sitting in J and ordering Y food instead of J food, or that you're choosing to sit in Y because you like the Y food better and thus you're spurning sitting in J because you don't like the J food as much?
I have learned (while sitting in J) to always ask what they are serving in Y. Since when catered in Lima it is almost always better than the J offering, I ask the FA if it would be possible to have the Y food. I am only talking about the main course. I keep the J soup, salad, cheese and dessert. The FAs admitted to me that the Y main course is often tastier than what is served in J.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: LATAM PASS Black Signature, AA EXP 3MM, BA Blue
Originally Posted by david_33
The FAs admitted to me that the Y main course is often tastier than what is served in J.
Catering via LIM is usually hit or miss in my experience. Last month I flew LIM-MIA in Y and indeed the main course was tasty.

BTW, they always have extra meals left over so if your seated in Y don't hesitate to go to the aft galley and ask the F/As.

Hopefully LAN Perú will soon update the "Gastronomía a bordo" section of the website:
http://www.lan.com/es_pe/sitio_perso...omy/index.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.